Quantcast
Cherry Coke - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cherry Coke

My Ride
    '15 GTI

its just fucking pop! soon youre gonna see anti-pop commercials if everyone started being concerned about sugar water in a can

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: ,

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    Why drink pop? Pop is poison!

It stains your teeth
    It contains crazy amounts of sugar
    The HCL in pop rots out the pepsin in your stomach
    It contains caffiene which drains water out of your muscles

What's the point? I might as well start eating my skin for meals.
    no, pop doesnt do that. but not drinking pop might make u ignorant. again, ill reply in point form cuz thats all u deserve:

-everything stains your teeth
    -most things have a lot of sugar. even things that dont have much sugar may be broken down into sugars (soda crackers for example, or for that matter, ANY carbs)
    -you are an idiot!!! pepsin works best at a low ph! that, and the hcl in pop is nothing compared to the hcl that your stomach naturally produces.
    -caffeine MAY be a diuretic (theres a lot of debate about this) but either way, it would work on either the brain or the kidneys, not the muscles.

i cant stand it when people spout bullshit under the guise of scientific fact when they havent the slightest clue what science even is.

My Ride
    a wrx.

btw, check out dictionary.com if u dont know what some of my words mean.

any of you guys read abotu how bad coek syrup is really... US highway patrol carry i gallon of cokacola syrup to clean blood of high ways...
    if you leave a tbone steak in a bowl of coke over night, there will be no meat left on the bone.
    you can use coke to clean rust stains of motor veicles...
    if a truck is carrting cokacola syrup is has to have biohazardes warning on it.

look at it that way its pretyt damn sick! taste good... but yea... even though thats not carbonated yet, but still...

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Re: Re: ,

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    no, pop doesnt do that. but not drinking pop might make u ignorant. again, ill reply in point form cuz thats all u deserve:

-most things have a lot of sugar. even things that dont have much sugar may be broken down into sugars (soda crackers for example, or for that matter, ANY carbs)
    -you are an idiot!!! pepsin works best at a low ph! that, and the hcl in pop is nothing compared to the hcl that your stomach naturally produces.
    -caffeine MAY be a diuretic (theres a lot of debate about this) but either way, it would work on either the brain or the kidneys, not the muscles.

i cant stand it when people spout bullshit under the guise of scientific fact when they havent the slightest clue what science even is.
    You are right Jeff, pop is very healthy for you!

Forget protein, water, or vitamins, just drink pop... mmm so good.

I like your signature by the way!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by legereandrew4
    any of you guys read abotu how bad coek syrup is really... US highway patrol carry i gallon of cokacola syrup to clean blood of high ways...
    if you leave a tbone steak in a bowl of coke over night, there will be no meat left on the bone.

look at it that way its pretyt damn sick! taste good... but yea... even though thats not carbonated yet, but still...
    I'd like to try that - but I wouldn't want to risk ruining a nice TBone

Where is the canned cherry coke. I don't care if it could eat throgh an engine block, the shit is delicious

Default Re: Re: ,

Jeff, did you read my post?

-I don't know about staining the teeth, but the phosphoric acid in coke does attack the tooth enamel, and the gobs of sugar are food for bacteria which secrete acids to further tooth decay.
    -Read my prior post to see just how much sugar coke contains. Lots of people drink above a litre a day, not knowing just how much sugar they are taking in. I don't have to tell you the complications of oversonsumption of sugar.
    -Like I said, HCL is not in coke. The H3PO4 in coke tricks the stomach into not secreting more HCL, but it does a lousy job at breaking down food compared to stomach acid. You can get intestinal complications from food that is improperly digested.
    -How is caffeine not a diuretic? It makes you piss like a racehorse. In any case, caffeine probably has many ill effects when overconsumed.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    87 RX-7 GX

Default Re: Cherry Coke

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    What is the deal with it?

It used to be not available in calgary but now you can buy it in certain stores.

And you cant get cans, only bottles.

End the madness and let me know what is going on.
    YUCK i hate that cherry crap.....its all about the vanilla coke

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Re: Re: ,

You are right Jeff, pop is very healthy for you!

Forget protein, water, or vitamins, just drink pop... mmm so good.

I like your signature by the way!
    i never said pop was healthy. its unhealthy yes, but not for any of the reasons u outlined.
    Originally posted by T5_X

Jeff, did you read my post?

-I don't know about staining the teeth, but the phosphoric acid in coke does attack the tooth enamel, and the gobs of sugar are food for bacteria which secrete acids to further tooth decay.
    -Read my prior post to see just how much sugar coke contains. Lots of people drink above a litre a day, not knowing just how much sugar they are taking in. I don't have to tell you the complications of oversonsumption of sugar.
    -Like I said, HCL is not in coke. The H3PO4 in coke tricks the stomach into not secreting more HCL, but it does a lousy job at breaking down food compared to stomach acid. You can get intestinal complications from food that is improperly digested.
    -How is caffeine not a diuretic? It makes you piss like a racehorse. In any case, caffeine probably has many ill effects when overconsumed.

yea i read your post after i posted mine, but the only thing in your post that has direct relevance to mine is the point that coke doesnt have hcl, but phosphoric acid instead. point taken man, i didnt know that. i was also pointing out that lots of other stuff has a lot of sugar too and that your teeth are stained by just about anything. thats why we dont overeat and brush our teeth. trust me will, i know exactly what ure talking about. the sugar thats food for the bacteria is sucrose, which Streptococccus mutans metabolizes into a few different byproducts which are bad for the enamel. about the caffeine, its "common knowledge" that its a diuretic, but a lot of scientists are still debating exactly how it works, why having caffeine pills dont make u pissy like pop does, and if it is a diuretic, how big the effects are. here are some links to a few papers regarding caffeine as a diuretic. im not sure if u can access the papers without a login/password though. (edit nm, these online journals wont let me link anything cuz they are all cgi)
    Last edited by GTS Jeff; 03-01-2004 at 12:30 PM.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

I can only find Cherry Coke at 7-11...but yeah in the states they sell them in cans.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Lime Coke tastes like TOTAL SHIT!!!!!
    You'd be better off drinking tap water in El Salvador...No joke.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

i never said pop was healthy. its unhealthy yes, but not for any of the reasons u outlined.

yea i read your post after i posted mine, but the only thing in your post that has direct relevance to mine is the point that coke doesnt have hcl, but phosphoric acid instead. point taken man, i didnt know that. i was also pointing out that lots of other stuff has a lot of sugar too and that your teeth are stained by just about anything. thats why we dont overeat and brush our teeth. trust me will, i know exactly what ure talking about. the sugar thats food for the bacteria is sucrose, which Streptococccus mutans metabolizes into a few different byproducts which are bad for the enamel. about the caffeine, its "common knowledge" that its a diuretic, but a lot of scientists are still debating exactly how it works, why having caffeine pills dont make u pissy like pop does, and if it is a diuretic, how big the effects are. here are some links to a few papers regarding caffeine as a diuretic. im not sure if u can access the papers without a login/password though. (edit nm, these online journals wont let me link anything cuz they are all cgi)
    Cool, I get your original point. I agree that there are far too many people that use scientific language in order to make their unresearched claims sound more factual. But I think you should cut Hockeybronx a little slack. He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away
    haha he actually PMed me betting that his first year gpa is higher than mine. on so many levels!

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away
    Actually first year post secondly, but let me tell you that I guarantee you size, weight, and age, will never give another brother the upper hand.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

Actually first year post secondly, but let me tell you that I guarantee you size, weight, and age, will never give another brother the upper hand.
    So you go to plumber school.

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

So you go to plumber school.
    No I do not go to Plumber School. I go to Rocky Mountain Bible College in North Calgary, and am heading to SAIT next year for EMT-A.

Anyways the dude started the thread about Cherry Coke so perhaps for once we should stay on track.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

No I do not go to Plumber School. I go to Rocky Mountain Bible College in North Calgary, and am heading to SAIT next year for EMT-A.

Anyways the dude started the thread about Cherry Coke so perhaps for once we should stay on track.
    LOL you would dare to insult my education before, but now the truth is out, you are a first year bible college student!!

My Ride
    E36///M3

Originally posted by legereandrew4

iv seen some1 do the steak in coke thing. and it didnt work, and it was for 3 days. did the same thing with hcl and that hardly did anything to the steak, just turned it brown.
    and coke doesnt get rid of rust, but it does beat a chrome cleaner in cleaning a chrome bumper.
    even the penny in the can of coke will still be there the next day. it will be damn clean, but still 100% normal.
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ,

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Ive always love cherry coke, whenever I go out my drink of choice is coke and grenadine
    rasberry flavored smirnoff with coke tastes a LOT like cherry coke, the same can be said for the vanilla flavoured stuff. tastes suprisingly good and you can barely taste any alky in it. one of the few drinks i can actually stand drinking if i'm just socializing

LOL you would dare to insult my education before, but now the truth is out, you are a first year bible college student!!
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2