Quantcast
What do you collect? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default What do you collect?

As the title states, this is a thread for people to share what they collect, maybe share some of their rarer collectibles, etc.

For example, I think it's pretty apparent that I collect comic books. Mar is pretty loud n proud about his Transformers collection (with reason, it's awesome). We all know that Rage2 collects medium to high grade watches, including limited editions. Many others collect shoes, be they high grade italian leather loafers or limited edition basketball pumps. I'm pretty sure the boards even have a stamp collector or currency rare coin collector or maybe even a nickle (the metal, not the coin) hoarder

So, share! What do you collect?

(And yes, dust is a viable answer for the lazy people :P )
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 05-02-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Geek

My Ride
    rally pig

I used to collect a bunch of stuff (dvds, manga, cameras) but now I think I'm at a phase of my life where less is better for me.

I still have some sentimental DVDs, about 5 cameras (3 film and 2 digital) and mangas that I like to read but I don't collect anything anymore... except maybe I have 2 boxes full of free soap from hotels that I've collected whenever I'm out on a business trip, free soap for life

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by taemo
    except maybe I have 2 boxes full of free soap from hotels that I've collected whenever I'm out on a business trip, free soap for life
    Any limited edition soaps?

(And I used to do the same thing when I travelled >_>)
    Geek

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I collect paper. Serious.
    Poor habit from my father. Keeping everything from bills, to scribblers from 1st grade.

I also have a giant collection of useless stuff from career fairs lol.
    And my most prized collection is my wong-fu t-shirts I guess hahaha.

not-so-sudden-realization: I'm a hoarder.

I heard the most commonly collected item that's kept even past it's crime is:
    Spoiler:
    coupons

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

I have a small collection of low end, but interesting to me watches and a small collection of cameras: 2 digital, and 4 film that I actually use.

We're thinking of starting a small collection of post cards of places that we frequent. The wife also has a small collection of 1 model airplane and 1 airline pin haha.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Originally posted by taemo
    except maybe I have 2 boxes full of free soap from hotels that I've collected whenever I'm out on a business trip, free soap for life
    Haha! I sometimes do that too! It's funny because we get to use them after when we go out for camping or something without a hotel involved!

Anyway, I started collecting lego pirate ships before: started with the Skull's Eye Schooner but I stopped for now... I really only had 1 ship lol.

Right now, I have a collection of Oakley sunglasses and started to collect some watches. For both my wife and I though, we collect these:

Starbucks city mugs! That's all we have for now. We are missing about 3-4 more mugs on places we've been to but figured we'll just get them later And yes, we use them lol.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by Vagabond142

Any limited edition soaps?
    haha, you'd be surprised! I'm sure soaps from iconic no longer around hotels from Vegas with their logo would fetch a pretty penny. e.g., Sands, Stardust, Aladdin, etc.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    rally pig

^interesting point.
    I only stay in Holiday Inn or Super 8 but I've got some soap from NYC, Hawaii, Miami, LA. might have to check them out now lol

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Apart from comic books, I also collect statuettes of characters, mostly Kotobukiya Bishoujo stuff, but some Sideshow collectables and a couple of other small pieces. I have one Robotech poseable from yeaaaaaaaaaars back, I lost the box and such, but he's still a cool little statue.

That said, when my 4 submitted books get graded, slabbed, and shipped back from CGC, I will more than likely have 4 books worth ~$1k combined.
    Geek

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I'm starting to collect skis, whether I use them or not.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Shoes.

From 2011:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    I slowed down a bit, but I got to a point where I needed another shelf and was unable to fit it in the room, so I have shit stacked on the floor and in my bedroom.

But I also collect Starbucks mugs from different countries/cities, vinyl toys and clothing brand stickers.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 05-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Car

I guess my only collection worth talking about is my record collection. Most of it isn't worth much, but I've got every Zeppelin LP (some of which are getting worn out...anxiously waiting for them to repress them), and two ultra rare, but modern, LP's - Glitch Mob's "Drink the Sea" and Scott Biram's "Something's Wrong". They'd probably sell for around ~80/each so nothing fantastic, just nice to know I have some rare finds

Otherwise, I have a nice collection of whisky's. But every time I have people over they decimate that collection and I start over. Also "collect" watches and firearms, but both are expensive so I have a whopping 2 of each (for now...).

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Hot Wheels! Have been buying for years and kept them all in the boxes. I seriously cant go to places like Walmart or Superduperstore without buying a couple. Have some of the Red Lines from the late 60's mid Seventies and quite a few from the Eighties as well.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

JordanEG6: I knew you were a shoe collector but holy shit Looks like a shoe store invaded your place and set up shop o_O

Woodywoodford: I know that feeling! I have a couple of rare books, most notably X-Men 135, X-Men 136 (both in near mint), and Witchblade #2. I was within 10 feet of getting a Witchblade #1 in mint (my holy grail for modern age comics), however it was in the hands of the guy buying it at the Comic Con

Welp, next chance is either the Red and White club show or Edmonton Comic Con
    Geek

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    Shoes.

but I also collect Starbucks mugs from different countries/cities, vinyl toys and clothing brand stickers.
    Albert?

I collect coins, watches, and Hot Wheels (well, Tomica because it started when I was in the Philippines growing up).

My Ride
    2010 S4

Originally posted by bourge73
    Hot Wheels! Have been buying for years and kept them all in the boxes. I seriously cant go to places like Walmart or Superduperstore without buying a couple. Have some of the Red Lines from the late 60's mid Seventies and quite a few from the Eighties as well.
    Still have every snowboard I've ever owned, minus the ones I broke and sent back on warranty over the years.

Shoes.

From 2011:
    click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    I slowed down a bit, but I got to a point where I needed another shelf and was unable to fit it in the room, so I have shit stacked on the floor and in my bedroom.

But I also collect Starbucks mugs from different countries/cities, vinyl toys and clothing brand stickers.
    Holy shit dude!
    It looks like the back room of a foot locker or some shit

My Ride
    Bicycle

Shoes.

From 2011:
    click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

This is a really nice set up - very neat, tidy, and easily accessible.

Originally posted by flipstah

Albert?

I collect coins, watches, and Hot Wheels (well, Tomica because it started when I was in the Philippines growing up).
    Albert? Pretty clear his name is Jordan unless this is some kind of inside joke.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by LongCity

Albert? Pretty clear his name is Jordan unless this is some kind of inside joke.
    I thought it was a friend of mine, who also collects shoes. I assumed Jordan was for #23.

I guess you can say I collect coins and bills, but really it's just chump change left over from my travels that aren't worth anything over here if I were to convert them into CDN dollars.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast