Quantcast
Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside)

My Ride
    E46

Exclamation Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside)

Need Beyond's help. Slim chance but anything helps.

Backstory:

Girlfriend (Vehicle A) was involved in a rear end collision with vehicle B (Honda Accord).

Vehicle B appears to jerk right, before coming to a complete stop on the Beddington bridge. Vehicle B claims the vehicle in front of him braked and he had to act accordingly, which he is very adamant about. It is clear that his maneuver was completely unnecessary.

Initially, the CPS officer was blaming vehicle A entirely and was getting ready to write her tickets. After showing the CPS officer the video footage, he sided with vehicle A. He agreed vehicle A left enough space and vehicle B came to a complete stop for no reason. He also questioned vehicle B if he was texting and footage was shown to all parties. Officer did not issue any tickets to vehicle A after viewing the video footage.

1) As per CPS advice, we are looking for any witnesses that may have noticed vehicle B texting/distracted driving prior to the accident at 2:57PM. Specifically looking for the newer white Dodge Caravan with black rims. No witnesses stopped.

2) Any advice on how to deal with the situation? On paper, vehicle A is at fault and she only has 1-way insurance.

----------------------------------------
    UPDATE:
    Video is also now on public instead of private.

Accord driver's claim has been 100% denied for damages (not even his vehicle by the way) by the girlfriend's insurance company.

Since my girlfriend had only liability she contacted the guy's insurance company directly with the video footage. They will be covering 50% of damages to her car and paying for bodily injury as she tensed up immensely before impact which pulled a lot of her neck/shoulder muscles. I know the impact doesn't look very significant in the video, but keep in mind this is because the camera is mounted on the windshield. She has been going to physio-therapy since the collision and is slowly recovering but her neck is still stiff and sore. As for her car, it has been in the body shop for about a month now. It should hopefully be done within the next 1-2 weeks!

We still don't know why this guy decided to apply his brakes to maximum force and come to a stop. He lied on his police report where he stated the vehicle in front of him braked and so he braked as well. I suppose this is a good conclusion to the situation though, it would have been a lot worse without the video footage. Thanks again for the support, especially the insurance gurus who gave us advice. Hopefully this thread has brought some awareness to this kind of activity. Drive safe out there!

Cliffs:
    - Accord driver's claim denied 100%
    - BMW driver receiving 50% repair compensation + bodily injury settlement
    Last edited by Little Dragon; 06-08-2013 at 10:06 PM.

TL

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Default Re: Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside)

Originally posted by Little Dragon
    Need Beyond's help. Slim chance but anything helps.

Backstory:

Girlfriend (Vehicle A) was involved in a rear end collision with vehicle B (Honda Accord).

Vehicle B appears to jerk right, before coming to a complete stop on the Beddington bridge. Vehicle B claims the vehicle in front of him braked and he had to act accordingly, which he is very adamant about. It is clear that his maneuver was completely unnecessary.

Initially, the CPS officer was blaming vehicle A entirely and was getting ready to write her tickets. After showing the CPS officer the video footage, he sided with vehicle A. He agreed vehicle A left enough space and vehicle B came to a complete stop for no reason. He also questioned vehicle B if he was texting and footage was shown to all parties. Officer did not issue any tickets to vehicle A after viewing the video footage.

1) As per CPS advice, we are looking for any witnesses that may have noticed vehicle B texting/distracted driving prior to the accident at 2:57PM. Specifically looking for the newer white Dodge Caravan with black rims. No witnesses stopped.

2) Any advice on how to deal with the situation? On paper, vehicle A is at fault and she only has 1-way insurance.

Copy the police report, and send a copy of the video to the insurance company of the guy that slammed on his brakes... See what happens next, and tell them you're getting council...

But hold up a sec... If you have a camera and someone slams on their brakes and you rear end them, cops won't charge you if they did it for no reason?

/me buying a cam
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    E46

Highly recommend getting a dash-cam. Her's is the Blackvue DR500GW for any one who is wondering.

Photos of the damage:

Edit: Corrected dash-cam model.
    Last edited by Little Dragon; 05-25-2013 at 02:45 PM.

TL

My Ride
    Acura CL

Wow!
    That guy is an idiot
    What kind of dash cam is that?
    Good thing she has that for proof

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

Buying a cam as there are too many of these douche clowns in this city. He did not even need to brake. I hope you guys get the better hand of this.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Buddy braked for no reason. what a fucking clown. Hes probably looking for a scam and got busted with somebody that has a cam.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by The_1
    Wow!
    That guy is an idiot
    What kind of dash cam is that?
    Good thing she has that for proof
    Originally posted by Little Dragon
    Her's is the Blackvue DRG500 for any one who is wondering.
    In before requests of pics of gf for evidence.

Seriously though OP - I mean no offence, but your girlfriend needs to learn how to drive better. First, she could have braked harder. Second, she needs to leave more distance. 3rd - if she braked earlier when he first slammed on his brakes she would have been better off and 4th - if she kept an eye on her mirrors as we're supposed to, she would have realized how much room she had to swerve to avoid it entirely.

I don't say this to be a dick and I know it doesn't help the current situation... but with a course or two I bet she would never have been in this situation. I know she's Asian, but she doesn't need to perpetuate the stereotype.

With that said, what in the fuck was that guy doing? He had no reason to do what he did. What a douche. I hope the video helps split the blame in the eyes of the insurance company. In my opinion, it *should*... although probably won't, unfortunately. Good luck.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 05-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Does it really matter if she has proof that he was distracted? She was still following too close and hit the guy. It works both ways, and I still think she's out of luck if it's a 50/50 accident.

I bet the insurance company would investigate for fraud, and if this guy has done this type of shit before you might get lucky.

Good luck...

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Ouch! WTF was wrong with that guy? Honda outbrakes a BMW?

Great video capturing the entire accident.

We need some input from the insurance team here.

Your GF is pretty hot

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

What a douche driver. Wtf did he brake for???

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

@ 0:59 buddy looks like he's smirking with amusement

^^^ X2 last 2 posts. At least no one got hurt.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

I'm guessing scam artist to get money/new car.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I mean no offence, but your girlfriend needs to learn how to drive better. First, she could have braked harder. Second, she needs to leave more distance. 3rd - if she braked earlier when he first slammed on his brakes she would have been better off and 4th - if she kept an eye on her mirrors as we're supposed to, she would have realized how much room she had to swerve to avoid it entirely.

Originally posted by Dalking
    Your GF is pretty hot

Definitely a dick move on the guys part though. But from what I know of insurance claims, she did hit him, so she's likely SOL right?

Hope that repair bill isn't too hideous. She definitely got the worst of it.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

I don't get the one-way insurance thing. Buy a cheaper car if you can't afford proper insurance.
    Last edited by J-D; 05-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.

My Ride
    Trucks

Looks fishy, but your GF was following too close or not paying attention. No way around that. Proper distance behind another vehicle provides enough space for any situation, including idiots on the road.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This happens in Russia all the time.... but usually they do it in an obvious way (like cut in front and immediately slam on brakes) ... here, your GF is 100% at fault as he was driving normally up to this point.

Guy can claim that he saw a UFO heading towards him and braked out of fear - this will still be your GF's fault.

My Ride
    growls

Wow that the hell?! Send it to insurance for sure. What a retard!

My Ride
    02 RSX

He came to a complete stop! look at his tires smoking as he brakes.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast