Quantcast
Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside) - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking witness: NB Deerfoot/Beddington (video inside)

Originally posted by osspasha
    she didnt even touch her brakes, she was texting !!
    Originally posted by taemo

you can see the reflection of her phone on the video, she doesn't use it until after the incident

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by roll_over
    do you own one of these cams? They take time to update speed
    I wouldn't bother responding to him at all. No matter what you say he's always going to come back on the opposite side just to get a rise out of people.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    '15 MB C63s

Originally posted by roll_over
    do you own one of these cams? They take time to update speed
    they do take time to update, but she had more than enough distance to slow down, she wasnt following too close

My Ride
    '15 MB C63s

Originally posted by FraserB

I wouldn't bother responding to him at all. No matter what you say he's always going to come back on the opposite side just to get a rise out of people.
    ok mr righteous, u know it all, u caught me loool
    Last edited by osspasha; 05-07-2013 at 04:49 PM.

This reminds me of the guy last year who was caught on camera driving back into another guys car right dead in the middle of traffic for no reason. He claims that his car rolled back because it was a manual. He eventually got charged with fraud and mischief.

-->http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ts_racism.html

--->http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._mischief.html

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

damn... now i want to buy a dash cam. If that video footage can get you out of this, i'm buying one asap.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Originally posted by osspasha

they do take time to update, .....
    I'm glad you understand, but didn't read the observations I had made earlier stating: it took 6 seconds for the gps to adjust from impact; 69km - 0km.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the 'ABS and bridge connector' parts either.

nor the very first post where the OP says the driver 'insists' the brake lights from the vehicle in front caused him to brake, yet watchin in HD on a big screen shows no brake lights from either vehicle infront of him.

Why she didn't swerve; likely the minivan beside her kept her focus in front of her thinking she can't switch lanes?

Just wanted to give you a bit of 'coles notes' so you are better informed before you make your next post. Sometimes it hurts taking the foot out.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    '15 MB C63s

Originally posted by barmanjay

I'm glad you understand, but didn't read the observations I had made earlier stating: it took 6 seconds for the gps to adjust from impact; 69km - 0km.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the 'ABS and bridge connector' parts either.

nor the very first post where the OP says the driver 'insists' the brake lights from the vehicle in front caused him to brake, yet watchin in HD on a big screen shows no brake lights from either vehicle infront of him.

Why she didn't swerve; likely the minivan beside her kept her focus in front of her thinking she can't switch lanes?

Just wanted to give you a bit of 'coles notes' so you are better informed before you make your next post. Sometimes it hurts taking the foot out.
    its the guys fault for braking/ stopping for no apparent reason wat so ever. but the distance between them is sufficient to slow down, i am actually surprised that she couldnt come to complete stop, let alone hitting him. i am with the opinion that he was checking his phone, hence him swerving couple times, and then when he dropped his phone he reached for it hence him braking and going to the right. i dont think its a scam, it is a fraud seeing how he didnt admit to be distracted, but if he wants someone to rear end him, all he has to do go to deerfoot and go speed limit on the left lane and people will be riding his ass in matter of seconds and then he can pull his little scam.

I am actually interested to c the outcome of this, but am sure insurance will put her at fault. and this douche will get his car repaired for him.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

LOL, You're a FUCKING idiot. Shut the fuck up, you have no fucking clue of what you're talking about. She hit him at 69kmph?!?!?!?!?!? LOOOOOOOOOOL. There would be a HELL of a lot more damage going at 69kmph then a broken light and some front bumper damage. Her and his car would be completely written off dumbass.

My Ride
    '15 MB C63s

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    LOL, You're a FUCKING idiot. Shut the fuck up, you have no fucking clue of what you're talking about. She hit him at 69kmph?!?!?!?!?!? LOOOOOOOOOOL. There would be a HELL of a lot more damage going at 69kmph then a broken light and some front bumper damage. Her and his car would be completely written off dumbass.
    tough guy OOOO

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

I wish I found this thread earlier. Post pictures in Ask Leo

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Originally posted by SportEL
    This reminds me of the guy last year who was caught on camera driving back into another guys car right dead in the middle of traffic for no reason. He claims that his car rolled back because it was a manual. He eventually got charged with fraud and mischief.

-->http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ts_racism.html

--->http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._mischief.html
    Damn I am late to the party. Similar to the scam in TO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR6GIpdSs7Y
    Last edited by guessboi; 05-07-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Nothing

I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I don't think this was a scam. Probably just a fresh Asian driver who wasn't paying attention, panicked over something, and did something stupid.

If it were a scam I'd think he'd want to be hit dead center in the rear, not tapped in the corner. Also, this is Canada - what do you guys think he's going to do - sue for $500k??? Ask for $50k to buy a $500 bumper for his car?

I've been in the car with somebody who slammed on their brakes and came to a complete stop on Deerfoot because a plastic bag floated across her windshield and startled her. Yes, immediate stop on Deerfoot over a plastic bag. Fun times :/

Of course if he had a history of this I'd then say scam, but I think you guys are reading too much into - analyzing where on the bridge he brakes, seeing a van beside her so it has to be a team forcing an accident, etc.. etc..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by M.alex
    If it were a scam I'd think he'd want to be hit dead center in the rear, not tapped in the corner. Also, this is Canada - what do you guys think he's going to do - sue for $500k??? Ask for $50k to buy a $500 bumper for his car?
    It would be pretty easy for him to claim soft tissue back injury and get $4000 or $5000 or whatever the cap is for that type of injury. It's virtually impossible for a doctor to prove he wasn't injured. All he'd have to do is report it to a doctor and go for a few physio visits.

That being said you'd have to be pretty hard up to do this for that small amount of money considering there is a good chance you may actually get injured.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    Well, after multiple pages of comments, I've learned two things:
    1) you're definitely psychotic
    2) you're also a clown

/thread

From Last Feb/12

Dozens charged with staging collisions in pre-dawn raids

Dozens of people were arrested in early-morning raids across the city Thursday morning related to a string of staged collisions – moves that have huge financial repercussions for residents and insurance companies.

Toronto Police began their investigation, dubbed Project Whiplash, in 2009, when two vehicles were brought in to a collision reporting centre. To senior officers there, “something just didn’t seem right,” Insp. Gord Jones said at a news conference Thursday.

In that crash, Jones said, charges were laid and the individuals pleaded guilty. It also sparked a larger investigation that involved the Insurance Bureau of Canada.

“Insurance criminals take money right out of your pocket,” Jones said. “Insurance crime is not victimless…the cost to Canadians is estimated to be more than several billion dollars a year in insurance premiums, plus that the costs of the police, health care, and the courts system.”

Richard Dubin, vice-president of investigative services at the Insurance Bureau of Canada, said there were common medical facilities among many of the suspected staged collisions.

“They’ve made claims that they’ve received treatment when in fact they have not,” Jones explained.

Det. Const. Kajamuganathan Kathiravelu said Thursday that most of those involved in the investigation were from the South Asian community.

”They are being exploited by members of their own community… Don’t get yourself involved,” he cautioned, then repeated his message in Tamil.

Members of this ring would often work in pairs. In some cases one of the two would intentianly cut in front of an unsuspecting driver, forcing them to slam on the brakes.

That’s when a person in a second car would rear end them.

The raids were headed up by Traffic Services. The Toronto Police financial crimes unit and the Financial System Commission of Ontario were also involved.

Officers targeted more than 50 addresses in the operation and arrested 37 people. Most of the suspects were taken to 43 Division on Lawrence Avenue, near Morningside Avenue, in Scarborough.

More than 130 charges were laid. Nine of the accused will appear in court on Feb. 24.
    --->http://www.citynews.ca/2012/02/23/do...re-dawn-raids/

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

If this is a scam, the guys a total idiot. I was rear ended three years ago and the injuries from it isn't worth the money.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Man that sucks bad but your GF will be held at fault thus police recommending you find a witness to the driver b texting or on the phone.

Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

I really hope justice is served here and your gf doesn't have to pay for his damages. I agree with the people on here saying that it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are, it only takes a second for something like this to happen. No one expects someone to slam on their brakes with nothing in front of them. I try not to ever slam on my brakes in fear that someone will rear end me. In this case I probably would have started to brake, but not a full-on emergency stop. There was not sufficient warning to warrant it.

As a motorcyclist I would hope that I would be quick enough to swerve around a clown like this. If not, things would be much worse.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Like all the posted scam stories from ontario. The guy in this video had a CAA sticker...could be from Ontario.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast