Quantcast
I need to buy suits - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to buy suits

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

When did you purchase from IC? I think Mitsu and I purchased within a few weeks of each other about two months ago. Apparently they had a large quality overhaul since then for what its worth.
    I think it was around 10 months ago...mid-late June-ish and received July 2012. I could dig through my emails to confirm, but it was around that time.
    They also updated their database for measurements and lost all of my updated measurements (this was...probably January or so of this year), so I wasn't very impressed with that either.

I realize it's dumb to expect gold for the price of lead and I wasn't expecting that, but I still wasn't all that impressed with the product I received. Only thing they had going for them was a decent slim fit, but I can buy solid quality stuff off the rack that is well tailored anyway. I considered giving them another shot since it is still difficult for me to find well fitted clothing, but after they lost my measurements, I really don't have a lot of trust in them.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

They probably didn't lose your measurements. You can email them at any time and they can send you what your previous order was made from, then just plug that back in. They keep history of the measurements for every order you've ever made, and track your changes/modifications. Their customer service is out of Vancouver and is excellent.

They did recently switch to a digital pattern system which automatically changed everyone's measurements to fit the new system. That threw me off too but I got it back to normal.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Holt has (had) a mtm deal for $795 a suit.

If that's too much, nothing wrong with the bay. TD square bay has some very nice suits and lots of deals.
    I ordered one of these back at the end of April and have gone through two fittings already. Should be getting it back on the 10th so I'll maybe post up some pictures with a quick review.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    They probably didn't lose your measurements. You can email them at any time and they can send you what your previous order was made from, then just plug that back in. They keep history of the measurements for every order you've ever made, and track your changes/modifications. Their customer service is out of Vancouver and is excellent.

They did recently switch to a digital pattern system which automatically changed everyone's measurements to fit the new system. That threw me off too but I got it back to normal.
    I did email them when I noticed the discrepancy. The first person who replied said "nope, everything's cool bro...that's what we've always had...you never made an update [paraphrasing, of course]." The next day, someone else followed up and said "nope, that other person was wrong...we totally lost your shit...sorry man...digital system problems k'naw mean?"

Anyway, we're taking this off track. Glad they've worked out for you...don't think I'll be using them again.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    335i

Hudson room makes great shirts. Stay away from Indochino. In my experience, they are not only cheaply made but the fit wasn't great and they stop replying when you ask for a refund.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Who is the best tailor in town for alterations? I mean someone who understands alterations to look modern or "GQesque"??
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

My Ride
    335i

The Tailor Shop. But he's super expensive.

Quoted me $180 to tailor a jacket's length which was ridiculous.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Car

I've also heard really good things about Henry's. Never been, but I imagine he charges the same as Giovanni, which is a lot.

Does anyone know the best suits to get for a body builder shaped body?

I have pretty short legs, I'm 6'0 but only have 32 to 33" inseam, instead of the typical 36" or so. I can buy pants for 36-37" waist, and get the pants hemmed no problem for length.

My issue is the chest size, I have a hell of a time finding suits that don't make me look like a stuffed cucumber, and my arms are around 19" at the biceps, and nearly every "brand name" shirt and suit has arms that are so tight it feels like I can burst them if I flex in the slightest.

I don't mind spending 4 digits on suits, but does anybody know a custom high end suit maker in Alberta, or a tailor that can adjust suits other than just fixing the hem for length?

Originally posted by Gman.45
    Does anyone know the best suits to get for a body builder shaped body?

I have pretty short legs, I'm 6'0 but only have 32 to 33" inseam, instead of the typical 36" or so. I can buy pants for 36-37" waist, and get the pants hemmed no problem for length.

My issue is the chest size, I have a hell of a time finding suits that don't make me look like a stuffed cucumber, and my arms are around 19" at the biceps, and nearly every "brand name" shirt and suit has arms that are so tight it feels like I can burst them if I flex in the slightest.

I don't mind spending 4 digits on suits, but does anybody know a custom high end suit maker in Alberta, or a tailor that can adjust suits other than just fixing the hem for length?
    been endlessly searching for the same thing.
    Last edited by colt22; 05-09-2013 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    Car

Pretty sure bespoke is your only realistic option - talk to Henry or Giovanni about it, they should have options for comparable prices to a typical 4-digit suit.

Henry - (403) 258-4472
    www.henrythetailor.com

Giovanni @ The Tailor Shop - (403) 246-2735

For you guys with hard-to-fit bodies, just buy custom suits. $350-700 from places like Indochino (or other online options) or you can pay 4 digits+ for the same thing locally, whichever you end up preferring.

I quit bothering with off the rack stuff a long time ago and it's been so much easier.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

After 10 years of wearing and buying suits and trying everything from $200 to $2000 I've capped my suit spending at $500/suit. It gets beat on so hard moving around all day. It all just eventually ends up in the garbage after a couple of years whether it's expensive or not. Nobody likes some new hire in an entry level job wearing $2000 suits either. Not to say that's you, just dress "handsome", iron your shirts, make sure your suit fits well and no one will care if its a Zegna or a TTT.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    After 10 years of wearing and buying suits and trying everything from $200 to $2000 I've capped my suit spending at $500/suit. It gets beat on so hard moving around all day. It all just eventually ends up in the garbage after a couple of years whether it's expensive or not. Nobody likes some new hire in an entry level job wearing $2000 suits either. Not to say that's you, just dress "handsome", iron your shirts, make sure your suit fits well and no one will care if its a Zegna or a TTT.

Best advice in thread.

I have worked in a casual work environment for over 10 years so needless to say my formal clothes suck! With all the weddings in the past couple of years, I recently went to Formans Fashion Group (http://www.formans.ca/) and they hooked me up. Their service is top notch!

It was hard to find anything that fit my collar size (17.5) without custom tailoring, but Simone found a shirt for me (slim fit) and it fit perfectly. I have checked out Holt, Harry Rosen, etc.. and so far Formans had everything I needed.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    . Nobody likes some new hire in an entry level job wearing $2000 suits either. Not to say that's you, just dress "handsome", iron your shirts, make sure your suit fits well and no one will care if its a Zegna or a TTT.
    I respectfully disagree.

If you act like your wearing a 2k suit, then yes, no one will like you. But if you dress well, it reflects on you as a professional who takes their job seriously. It adds, and doesn't take away. Obviously, you have to act and perform the part as well.

Obvious condition would be if you work in a place where it would be inappropriate, ie. Rig Site, Construction Site, some Retail environments
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

bump

Any idea who can do a MTM suit in 9 days?

My Ride
    Car

No idea about timing but I think Rosen and Brooks Bros both have their MTM events on right now

Fastest I could find was 2 weeks @ Ed Williams Menswear (great store btw)
    Ended up grabbing something off the rack and getting it tailored

Henry Singer & Ed Williams are also having MTM events

Anyone have any experiences with Peter Parvez shirts or suits?

I only found out about this place through the Calgary Deals Blog.

http://www.calgarydealsblog.com/2013...shirts-61.html

• $139 ($360 value) for three custom-made cotton dress shirts
    • $399 ($1,050 value) for a custom-made two-piece cashmere suit in black or blue
    • $499 ($1,350 value) for a custom-made two-piece cashmere suit in any color

Seems like a pretty good, just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this place, and how are the quality of the shirts?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast