Quantcast
Anyone work for Alberta Health Services? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone work for Alberta Health Services?

Default Anyone work for Alberta Health Services?

Looking for anyone who works for AHS right now to check Internal Job Postings? If you work there or know anyone who does that can check internal postings for Cardiology Technologists for me that would be great! I know Edmonton has 3 public postings already, but I'm considering applying to a one year program to do it and want to know if there are enough job postings to make it worth while

My sister works for Blue Cross, not sure if they have access to AHS job postings or not. I'll ask her.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I can check for you tomorrow at work if you havent found someone, PM me

The only cardiology tech postings in the internal currently are the 3 Edmonton ones

You will need to check every so often - the amount of postings right now are not indicative of the demand or the positions available. Managers need to go through a few steps including vacancy management and budgeting. So even if they choose not to fill a vacant position now, they may need to post 3 months later to have the position filled by the start of 6 months from now, etc.

Originally posted by nutella
    The only cardiology tech postings in the internal currently are the 3 Edmonton ones

You will need to check every so often - the amount of postings right now are not indicative of the demand or the positions available. Managers need to go through a few steps including vacancy management and budgeting. So even if they choose not to fill a vacant position now, they may need to post 3 months later to have the position filled by the start of 6 months from now, etc.
    Thanks man. I know I've seen a few postings in the past as well, so I do know there are jobs which is good to hear on my part. I think 3 openings is probably a good thing considering most other positions outside of nursing don't even show that many vacancies. Hopefully if I go through with the program there are openings in Calgary when I finish

Network - if possible, go on job shadows or take a tour around a facility. See if your instructors knows someone, etc.

The hardest part about getting into AHS is because of the collective agreements with the unions. Managers almost always have to consider internal applicants before external. Nursing is the easiest because they create programs to recruit them while they're still in school, etc. I don't know if they do the same for HSAA occupations.

If you interview, be open to (or suggest) the possibility of perhaps a casual position to pick up some shifts and be in the relief pool. If it's shift work, most likely if someone goes on vacation, they may need to replace the shift.