Quantcast
b-pro JDM import - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: b-pro JDM import

Default b-pro JDM import

hello everyone. i am seriously considering to import a jdm sportscar from japan to calgary. i came across b-pro auto imports based in calgary and i would like to hear from people who have dealt with them before. please an thank tou.

My Ride

jdm source is your best bet.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

They're pretty much a middleman between you and jdm connection. Why people use him is beyond me, you can just skip him and go straight to jdm connection and save yourself some money. But like amear said, if you want to avoid hassles and such, JDMsource is the way to go

you can just skip him and go straight to jdm connection and save yourself some money.
    thats exactly why im asking about b-pro is because JDMconnection is a bout $3K more expensive.

I didnt know JDM source imports cars?

lol, JDM Connection IS a middleman. If you want someone local, JDM Source as mentioned.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Originally posted by tufftruck
    I didnt know JDM source imports cars?
    ha ha, i bet he's brought in more cars than most others in recent years!
    Honda/Acura guy

Bingo. JDM Connection is B-Pro's supplier as far as I know. I never dealt with jdm source but they sometimes have nice cars. Wish they had more r34 skylines!

Originally posted by NRGie
    They're pretty much a middleman between you and jdm connection. Why people use him is beyond me, you can just skip him and go straight to jdm connection and save yourself some money. But like amear said, if you want to avoid hassles and such, JDMsource is the way to go
    Last edited by chris746; 05-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.

No it wouldn't make sense for JDM Connection to be a supplier to B-Pro. JDM Connection is a middle man itself. Would not make sense to have 2 middle men, they'd make no money. Although i'm pretty sure they both use the same Exporter in Japan. Whoever you choose, the middle-man usually pockets $1000-1500, so just be aware of that.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 05-15-2013 at 11:43 PM.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

B-pro is a middleman between you and jdm connection. He told me that himself. People are stupid and that's how he makes his money

A while ago a buddy and I were looking at a Version 2 STI he had for sale which he had bought from a beyond member and was trying to flip. We were aware from the previous for sale ad that the car had some underlying issues but the b-pro guy assured us they were all taken care of and fixed, he also told us he was close friends with the previous owner and that the car was maintained pretty damn good when in his possession. I got a hold of the previous owner and found out that repairs were only temporary and that they needed to be fixed and that this was communicated to the b-pro guy and that he had no previous relationship or anything with the b-pro guy so he'd have no idea of how his car was actaully maintained.

B-pro might be cheaper for local stock but that's cause his cars are shit. Jdm connection on the other hand seems to bring in cleaner ones. My buddy ended up buying a sti off jdm connection and it was in good shape when It arrived, on the other hand I know a guy who bought a rx-7 from b-pro and it was trash, interior was missing pieces and I think his turbos blew after 2 weeks.

If you end up buying from jdm connection or b-pro ask them for the auction sheet, then go to jdmvip and they have a thread on how to read the sheet. It'll tell you the auction grade and any obvious issues with the vehicle

Things don't really line up here. B-Pro charges $1000 to 'bring in a car' and JDM Connection charges $1200. I don't think Will @ JDM would be bringing in cars for another company. I just brought in a car direct from Japan, no middle-man needed. I've had Will from JDM Connection bring me a car in before as well. The fact B-Pro has it's own online portal for auction browsing tells me he has no relation to JDM Connection. On further investigation, upon looking at their portal, it's the same style as JDM Connection's. But NEITHER of the 2 set that auction portal up, it's done for them, by who you ask? The exporter company in Japan, i'm going to guess Has-Nihon. Those pictures of JDM cars you always see in Japan on the red and green tiles, that's at Has-Nihon. Mystery solved. Different companies, but both use the same Japanese exporter.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 05-16-2013 at 02:01 AM.

My Ride
    1982 supra

I let you in they all get there cars at
    Pacific Coast Auto Imports .
    They all mark up the car $2000 and more .
    Buy from them save your cash.

My Ride
    Lots of Nice Cars : )

Default B-Pro Auto here -- not a middleman

Hi there,

B-Pro Auto is not a middleman between a buyer and JDM connection. I have my own suppliers and contacts in Japan that I deal with (Not Pacific coast importers or Has-Nihon). When I first started my import company I brought some cars in through William, but I have certainly developed my own supplier relationships. B-Pro Auto is an A.M.V.I.C. Licensed, City of Calgary business licensed company. B-Pro Auto intends to open a parts shop here in Calgary within the next year as well as a JDM specialty mechanic shop, so stay tuned for more info on that. If anyone wants to drop by to hear more about the B-Pro Import process, or see our documentation, you can arrange a time by calling 403-481-1065.

Thanks

Brian

B-Pro Auto

p.s., apologies for the goofy name, I didn't intend to post as B-Pro Auto when I initially set up my beyond account.

p.p.s. If you know someone who was not happy with a car they imported through B-Pro Auto, please please tell them to contact me and let me know. I am very reasonable and care about the post-purchase relationship more than the purchase itself. I'm just finishing my Business degree at U of C concentrating in Entrepreneurship/innovation. B-Pro Auto was something I started because I'm passionate about cars, and passionate about entrepreneurship. I'm not here to rip anyone off or even to make a lot of money. In fact, I started the company to improve on a generally corrupt import industry in AB and western Canada. I'm happy to show auction sheets with vehicles I sell, along with a translation for the auction sheet. We do get volume discounts from our suppliers, as well as parts, inland shipping discounts and more so I do believe the $1000 import fee pays for itself. Thanks for the feedback guys.

cheers,
    Last edited by briguywow; 05-22-2013 at 02:39 AM.