Quantcast
Wanted: Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technologist - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wanted: Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technologist

My Ride
    Pipe

Default Wanted: Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technologist

Hi,

I am looking for someone that can integrate an analog sensor with about 5 separate outputs into a data logger that takes digital inputs. This is a one off project and should not take too long. This could be a good after hours side project for someone that is employed or a good project for someone that is in between jobs.

I will pay whatever it will cost to get this completed but need to get this going ASAP. I would like to have someone going on this week.

Please PM me with your resume and experience related to similar projects. Ideally I am looking for someone with lots of experience in this field. If this project goes well, there will be opportunities for future projects.

We can get together to discuss the project in more details and discuss your fee at that time.

Thanks a lot.

PM sent...
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Pipe

Thanks to a helpful beyonder, I now have a better idea of the scope of work and type of experience necessary for this project.

I am looking for someone with experience board level circuit design. The equipment (sensor) that I have displays 5 parameters on a small LCD screen on the piece of equipment itself. I am looking for someone that can tap into the sensor to pull the these pieces of data in real time and output them to a data logger.

If you have experience in this field, please let me know. I am looking for someone to start ASAP and as stated before, compensation is generous.

Also if you know anyone that you think would be able to complete this project for me, I am happy to pay a referral fee.

Thanks!

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

I'm assuming your talking 12v car application? If not an off the shelf PLC would probably be much cheaper than a one off cicuit board. I forsee the price being pretty high unless you need these cards produced in bulk. (probably looking at 10-20hrs design time before something can be made up, going off what little you have said.)

That being said I would recommend http://www.spultronix.com/ (if were talking car application)
    this is the kinda thing that is right up his alley. Hes been a long time sponsor on one of the car forums im on and has made some pretty interesting things and does like doing custom work.

Just for my own curiosity what devices do you have just to give a better idea of the job?

I was the original guy who had a look and realized it was out of my scope.

What I understood was as follows;

Op can correct me if I mis-understood.

A hand held device collects analog data pressure, temp height etc...and displays the data on a LCD screen.

A blue tooth adapter is available for this device.

The plan is to add a blue tooth interface to allow a programmer to collect this data and map to a data logger.

It could be as simple as an excel spreadsheet but OP can discuss further.

I would think someone familiar with Blue tooth programming rather than circuit board design is required.

Interesting little project imo...

Good Luck.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Originally posted by Cash Money Hoes

I am looking for someone to start ASAP and as stated before, compensation is generous.

Ummm so I guess you're paying in hoes? Or is it Cash Money compensation?

But in all seriousness, you have an idea, and want to pay someone else to design it, I assume for you to profit from the design.

Soooo why doesn't he who designs product just simply keep it for himself to profit?