Quantcast
LF: [O&G] 1 Application Support Analyst + 1 Technical Application Support - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: [O&G] 1 Application Support Analyst + 1 Technical Application Support

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Default LF: [O&G] 1 Application Support Analyst + 1 Technical Application Support

I want to open by saying I am not in HR nor am I directly responsible for hiring or interviewing the people who apply for these positions. I work in a related role at Energy Navigator but I have become increasingly aware of our need to fill these positions and knowing the wide and varied talent base we have on here I was hoping somebody here has the right skills for one of these two openings:

The first one is a Support Analyst position for AFE Navigator:

http://www.energynavigator.com/caree...upport-Analyst

The job posting pretty much says it all (and I am hesitant to copy and paste it here in case it gets updated) but I would say that the bottom section, where it says "you will also be required to have:" is less critical than it sounds. We care more about finding the right person, and if that means some technical training is in order then I think we are willing to spend some time working the right person into our team.

The second position is more technical in nature, but it would involve working on the same team as the first position:

http://www.energynavigator.com/caree...Representative

Please read the postings before considering applying. All applications should be made directly to <b>[email protected] attention: Jill Fernandes</b> as I am not involved in the hiring process. Both positions are full time and are not contract or otherwise time limited. We have a very stable work environment here and are looking for people who would add to that stability.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    '03 ep3

What's the salary range like?

I have built and deployed various AFE navigator server installs at O&G and was wondering what they would pay for this work.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Hey, somebody that's worked with AFE Nav, that is a really good thing to have for either of these positions!

Unfortunately I don't know the salary for client services, and even if I did I would be bound not to share that information. I am a developer on AFE Nav and when I was job shopping nearly 3 years ago I found that the salary I was able to negotiate here was very competitive, and it has improved since I started with the company. I'm sorry I really can't be any more specific than that.

Also worth mentioning we have a good benefits package, a very friendly work environment and we are very mindful of maintaining a good work/life balance.
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    350z

Would you guys consider someone with zero experience in O&G?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I think so - I'm a developer for AFE Navigator and I had absolutely 0 oil and gas experience when I was hired. I had a reasonable amount of general accounting knowledge and a couple years of development experience though.

We are looking for somebody who has the right attitude, personality and skills, and is serious about sticking with us for the long term and for the right person I believe we are willing to train as necessary. If you have no O&G experience then I think it would be necessary to be good with phone/email support in a windows environment, application installation / maintenance as a whole and it would also be handy to have some accounting knowledge. If you are interested in the technical position, since it involves integration with accounting systems knowledge of common O&G accounting systems would be very helpful, and sql or development experience would be necessary.

My Ride
    350z

Thanks Zero, I'll give it a shot

whats ball park starting for the 2 positions? 50-60? or 60-70? more...?
    also perks...what kind of perks does the company offer?

Originally posted by sunbot
    whats ball park starting for the 2 positions? 50-60? or 60-70? more...?
    also perks...what kind of perks does the company offer?
    LOL do people even read he said he doesn't know and even if he did he can't tell you.

That being said contact Jill Fernandes she might be able to give you more information on it as she is in HR and can divulge that information.