Quantcast
Meyer lemon tree (improved) where to buy in town? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Meyer lemon tree (improved) where to buy in town?

Default Meyer lemon tree (improved) where to buy in town?

Hey everyone! I'm looking to get myself a lemon tree for indoor(potted) growing. Just wondering if anyone has a source in town that might sell them or any citrus tree for that matter. Any leads would be great. On a side note I've tried some of the bigger nurseries in town and they've said they carry them, But they are "hot" sellers and as I live in banff I can't go and check as often. Anyhow, thanks in advance!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Golden Acres is the only place that comes to mind for me.

Since you said they're "hot sellers" I'd try phoning.

they are very popular to give around Chinese New Year, there was a thread about this a few years ago. We had a pomegrnate, lemon and and lime. In the past 10 years they all were so infested with bugs I gave them the he-ho

Greengate sometimes has them, as does Cobblestone Garden Centre

http://www.cobblestonegarden.ca/contact.html

http://www.greengate.ca/

I did love having them, but they have big pest problems

We purchased our at DNA gardens around Elnora, AB it's not a business anymore as they retired.

Good luck, I have seen them for sale on Kijiji before. You may want to take a peek.

Thanks for the replys! I dug a little deeper into some older threads and saw the cobblestone gardens is going to be best bet. I've read about the mites and scale problems that come with this little guys but I think if you were to spray them 3-4 times a year with a Horticultural oil( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horticultural_oil ) that would help with that problem area. Ill give them a ring and see if they have anything. Thanks again!

Ours had mealy bugs, they reproduce and kill plants very quickly. A lot of plants don't do well with the oily sprays.

We really just gave up I got so sick of trying to deal with it. Good luck on your quest, there is nothing as satisfying as having pomegranates during the Christmas season. I loved that, you're making want to try again!

Ive been reading( been doing lots of it lately with this crappy weather,ranining the pass two days here in banff) about the bug problems that come with having these trees indoors. But I'll take the risk and give it a try. Its a toss up if I want to start from seedlings and/or buying a plant that has already started. If, I were to start up some seedling Im thinking of doing a group of different seeds (ie lemon, grapefruit, lime and orange). When I get everything start ill start a thread tracking the progress of everything. hahah might take a few years but eh!

I picked one up at the Tuscany Home Depot a few weeks ago. They had the Meyer Lemon trees as well as lime and one other type of citrus tree that was larger. Went back last week and noticed that there were only a few lime trees left. Maybe they will get more?