Quantcast
Please sign this petition - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Please sign this petition

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

Default Please sign this petition

Fellow Beyonders,

I'm reaching out to you for a little help in finding a missing friend. I'm sure some of you may have already heard of the story of the missing Canadian hiker in Australia.

A little background:
    Prabh Srawn has been a Bond University Law student for the past 2 years. Prior to that he was a Master Corporal with the Canadian Armed Forces and I have known him personally since high school. He went missing on May 13th after going for a hike in Australia's Kosciuszko National Park, New South Wales and has not been seen since. Temperatures have hovered below freezing with snow, and poor weather has hampered search and rescue efforts. He has received extensive survival training with the Canadian Forces and we're confident he is alive and out there as his cries for help have been heard by rescue teams, but after nearly 2 weeks, they have yet to locate him. He was there for our country when we needed him, please help us support him by signing this petition when he needs us.

The petition is aimed at increasing rescue personnel out there. Rescue teams have done an amazing job, but with 20 people covering an area of 7,000 sq. km, we feel additional resources are required especially when time is running out.

I'm sure most of us have studied away from home at some point, but I believe the following message from an anonymous supporter sums it up best:
    As a masters student from Ontario Canada pursuing a clinical degree in the Allied Healthcare Professional area in Sydney Australia, I can only minimally imagine what Prabh must be thinking or feeling. Studying abroad, away from your family and friends takes determination and courage itself. Maintaining your hobbies and building new interests is one way of feeling "at home" and creating an all round blissful experience. Taking the risk to try new things like surfing, scooba diving in the Great Barrier Reef and hiking on mountains is both thrilling and satisfying - if completed successfully without harm. To think that a former corporal and fellow Canadian citizen, peer, professional, a human, who set out to enjoy this moment in life is now fighting this moment FOR life, alone and against all odds, is absolutely heart breaking. For the past week; every time I felt cold and reached for my space heater (in 15 deg weather) I stopped myself from turning it on. Every time my brain received the signal of being hungry, I made a conscious effort to stop myself from buying a snack and waited until I got home. Every time I became tired from walking up the massive hill on my way home, I walked harder. Yesterday I almost decided not to walk in the cold rain for 20 minutes to get groceries, instead I choose to walk without my umbrella, with my head up and thought how lucky I was to be able to access food in cold rain. Every day for the past week- I thought. When I faced the smallest challenge I thought to myself, if I push myself, maybe it will send out positive energy and reach Prabh somehow. Maybe a little sacrifice on my part will remove some of the obstacles Prabh has to face. Every day for the past week, I thought. And I am still thinking, and praying, that someone or something is helping my fellow Canadian, peer, professional- a fellow human being. I have never met Prabh, but I know that he is loved, that he has passion to help others, that he is motivated to give back to society (as indicated by his previous and current career choices), that he is wise, willed and courageous. And while his personal and life accomplishments display good character, I don't need to know him to say that EVERY measure must be taken to bring him home - because NO ONE deserves to go through what he is facing right now. It is our duty to help another being in need, to cut this battle short and assist this person, Prabh, bring him home to warmth, love, food, water and shelter.Together, with Prabh we can celebrate determination, strength and courage of humanity. Please... Please increase rescue staff to cover more area and utilize any available measures of technology in this search, sooner than later. If Prabh can fight this battle, we can too.
    Thank you Beyond for your support! I not only deeply appreciate it, but I would be forever indebted to you. Thank you.

Petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/242/7...abhdeep-srawn/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindPrabhSrawn

Pictures of the Westpac Lifesaver (@Lifesaverhelo on twitter)

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.

My Ride
    This and that.

Done. Hopefully they find him, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Done. Hopefully they find him, fingers crossed.
    +1

My Ride
    an overpriced civic

Thanks guys. Search is expected to be called off Friday and the family's options are now limited to private search parties.

Thank you to all that signed and even if you couldn't, for taking a moment to read about it.

Originally posted by BlackFyre

1.)Your name is RaceBread? Seriously? Like White or Whole Grain? Pumpernickel perhaps? The correct word you were looking for is Bred, as in Inbred, as in what I see in your future.