Quantcast
APEGA P.Eng Application - clarification - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: APEGA P.Eng Application - clarification

My Ride
    Subie

Question APEGA P.Eng Application - clarification

Hey fellas,

Was filling out my P.Eng application (the standard experience record excel-file) over the weekend, and I am slightly confused with the "months claimed" portion in the 'engineering experience' section and 'technologist experience' section.

Say I have 4 years (48 months) of engineering experience in an EPCM company; however, over this 48 months duration, if I estimate that I have spent say a maximum of 3 months doing technologist level work (like data collection without analysis, data entry, report writing, etc...which is typical of any engineer doing similar work), does this mean that I have to subtract this time from the engineering experience time, thereby essentially making it 45 months, and hence ineligible to apply for P.Eng?

It would be much appreciated if you nice folks here would give me some insight into this. Perhaps I am over-thinking this and 3 months out of 4+ years might be acceptable.

Thanks a ton.
    ~ When much is said and done,
    there is often more said than done. ~

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Technologist duties can still fall into eligible engineering experience. Pure data entry may not count but as long as there is some practical application of engineering theory, you should be fine. Report writing would definitely fall into that area unless you are just typing out a report from a draft. If you were hired as an EIT, then there shouldn't even be any question about it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by lilmira
    Technologist duties can still fall into eligible engineering experience. Pure data entry may not count but as long as there is some practical application of engineering theory, you should be fine. Report writing would definitely fall into that area unless you are just typing out a report from a draft. If you were hired as an EIT, then there shouldn't even be any question about it.
    Yes, this is 100% true.

Every E.I.T. has to do some bitch work at some point. I'm sure any work you did can have the "practical application of engineering theory" justification.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

First of all, spell "APEGGA" right
    Last edited by NoMoreG35; 05-27-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Originally posted by NoMoreG35
    First of all, spell "APEGGA" right
    Its actually been changed to APEGA - The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).