Quantcast
Can anyone reflash an ecu for an 08 R1 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can anyone reflash an ecu for an 08 R1

Default Can anyone reflash an ecu for an 08 R1

Looking to get my ECU flashed and am hoping someone can help me out if they already have the set up.
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

Why?
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com

It's supposed to give the R1's a lot more power in the lower rpms. The r1's are geared so unless you're high up in the RPM (above 8k) theres no real power. When you flash the ECU you can adjust the fuel map, throttle restrictions and a bunch of other things. They make this for a lot of bikes too

http://www.flash-tune.com/?wpsc-prod...ning-interface

The cost isn't bad for what you get but i was hoping there was someone local that already has one and is familiar with how to flash it.

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

It's mostly a scam and doesn't do much if anything at all. Don't waste your money.
    The R1's are ready to go right out of the box. Sometimes because of emission controls or lower gear restrictions, some bikes can benefit from a change in ECU mapping but the difference is really so small you won't feel a thing unless you are trying to reduce your lap times by milliseconds. On the street it will make no real difference. A better investment is a PCV with auto tuner and only if you have added an aftermarket pipe with free flowing air filter. Unless you can measure how your individual bike is burning fuel, messing with a map is a blind guess at best and those ECU flashers will probably focker your performance more than they help it.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Have you never heard of a power commander or bazzaz piggy back ECU? On the newer bikes bazzaz gives you traction control integration as well

From what i've been reading the R1's are pretty restricted from the factory and the guys with the flashtune say it makes a huge difference. I'm not looking for better lap times by any means, I just want a little more grunt in the lower RPMs.

I've looked into the power commanders but from what i read on the R1forum the Flash is way better. I've heard of bazzaz also but the flashtune is what most guys use there.

Theres a member in TO with the set up and hes a huge contributor to the flashtune thread on the R1foums so he's gonna do it for me. i'll let you guys know what happens when it gets done.

My Ride
    Bang Bus

How much quicker do you wanna go? The r1 is fast already maybe change your gearing