Quantcast
Inexpensive interior detailer in Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive interior detailer in Calgary?

My Ride
    2018 Audi Q5 2.0T - Stage 2 Tuned

Default Inexpensive interior detailer in Calgary?

Hi all,

My inlaws have a new MDX that now through it's first winter. They aren't 'car people' and the interiour shows it. It needs a good spring cleaning (no real stains, just a winters worth of crumbs, dirt, etc).

They don't need and wouldn't appreciate the amazing work of some of our better know beyond-guys - So what budget interiour detailers do you guys recommend? I used to use Cody @ DirtCheapDetail, but it appears they've closed up shop.

Thanks guys!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd be interested to hear this as well, I haven't heard of any recommended detailers in Calgary other than Jed. One thing to note is that even top end detailers will be able to privde a "quick" or economy detail, so it may end up being pretty close to prices of the smaller shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

for a quick detail that does not have to be top notch, there are a couple full service car wash places on macleod trail that will do what you are looking for.

I think one is called "angels car wash" and the other one used to be called Johnny rockets. there is another on 32nd NE just off deerfoot.

They all will do exterior washes, and can do interior vaccum and shampoo, dash and windows ect.

They are all decent, just don't expect a meticulous job.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

dieselpower91 try pming him he does detail work
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I got tar on my truck last year and searched around for a while. Most places charged over $500 to remove it, anyways I went to Sunridge Mazda or whatever its called and got the gold package, they removed the tar and waxed the truck and did the interior, looked awesome when I got it back. Was under $200 I think.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Normally with car detailers you get what you pay for.

Since inline6turbo stopped doing detailing from Chatelaine Auto Spa I haven't found a detailer since that provided the same level of service for the price.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Sign up for daily deal emails on Groupon and the likes. Deals come up at least once a month. I get int/ext detailing with oil change and inspection for $60. Buy 3-4 vouchers and u r good for a year

Detailz has reasonable prices. $180 for full interior clean, vacuum, steam clean, shampoo, protectants, vent cleaning, leather condtitioning, and windows. Good deal IMO.

SUV's are $10 more.

That's where I'm going next time I need a detail.

Careful with those groupons, there was a thread a while back where I think the guy's car actually came back dirtier haha. Detailing takes a certain amount of time, skill, and attention to detail. A good job can't be done for $50 unless you somehow have good staff willing to work for $10/hr. It's very much a "get what you pay for" type industry.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Meh. I've done it couple times, and I'm happy with the results. Not saying it's top quality, but for the price that I paid, it's decent. $60 for int/ext detail, oil change and inspection, I don't expect much. I drive a 10 year old car, so I don't see the point spending $200+ on a detailing job.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Careful with those groupons, there was a thread a while back where I think the guy's car actually came back dirtier haha.
    Not only was it dirty, they used their polisher so recklessly it damaged my car. Luckily, I spent a few hours on the car myself to fix all the mistakes and damage they caused.

They did such a bad job that I didn't even bring the car back to let them fix it because it was so blatantly obvious. Last thing I want is them to touch the car again.

Just happy it was my daily driver and the damage was fixable by me or I'd flip out.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 05-29-2013 at 09:19 AM.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Originally posted by Disoblige

Not only was it dirty, they used their polisher so recklessly it damaged my car. Luckily, I spent a few hours on the car myself to fix all the mistakes and damage they caused.

They did such a bad job that I didn't even bring the car back to let them fix it because it was so blatantly obvious. Last thing I want is them to touch the car again.

Just happy it was my daily driver and the damage was fixable by me or I'd flip out.
    Care to share which shop u went to? So I can avoid it? Thanks

Originally posted by A790
    Normally with car detailers you get what you pay for.

Since inline6turbo stopped doing detailing from Chatelaine Auto Spa I haven't found a detailer since that provided the same level of service for the price.
    i believe she still does work, but only mobile. Depends on her schedule I would say.

My Ride
    240sx

4 ST Petro Canada in Mission. I think its like $50/$60 for the "Luxury" interior and Exterior cleaning and they do a decent job. I've used them for rental vehicle countless times after coming back from the field. So the truck's we've brought in have like mud all over the interior and they seem to do a pretty good job of cleaning it right up.

Originally posted by GotRice?
    4 ST Petro Canada in Mission. I think its like $50/$60 for the "Luxury" interior and Exterior cleaning and they do a decent job. I've used them for rental vehicle countless times after coming back from the field. So the truck's we've brought in have like mud all over the interior and they seem to do a pretty good job of cleaning it right up.
    Thats a good idea for a rental car, but I wouldn't bring anything I owned personally to a gas station for a detail.

My Ride
    FA5

I recently found out about these guys. You could try them out. If you do let me know how it goes!

http://calgaryautospa.com/detailing.html

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by muffzz
    I recently found out about these guys. You could try them out. If you do let me know how it goes!

http://calgaryautospa.com/detailing.html
    Here's another one of the shops that made my car dirtier than I brought it in. Waste of fucking time. They were so fucking useless that it pisses me off to think about my appointment there.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by npham

Here's another one of the shops that made my car dirtier than I brought it in. Waste of fucking time. They were so fucking useless that it pisses me off to think about my appointment there.
    It's funny... I took my car there and they did a decent job, especially considering the $90 price tag.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Detailz has reasonable prices. $180 for full interior clean, vacuum, steam clean, shampoo, protectants, vent cleaning, leather condtitioning, and windows. Good deal IMO.

SUV's are $10 more.

That's where I'm going next time I need a detail.

Careful with those groupons, there was a thread a while back where I think the guy's car actually came back dirtier haha. Detailing takes a certain amount of time, skill, and attention to detail. A good job can't be done for $50 unless you somehow have good staff willing to work for $10/hr. It's very much a "get what you pay for" type industry.
    Bump!

Has anyone used Detailz or any other recommendations? It doesn't look like inline6turbo is a member anymore.

I'd be willing to spend $150-200 for a good job.

I think there's a thread on here somewhere with positive reviews for Detailz. I haven't made it there myself yet.

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

I use to use Detailz, they did a shitty job on my GS the last 2 times. I use Calgary Auto Spa now, they do a wicked job for a reasonable price.
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast