Quantcast
To the Aspen/Springbank folks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To the Aspen/Springbank folks

My Ride
    Ram

Default To the Aspen/Springbank folks

if you work in the NE, whats your commute like?

Contemplating on putting an offer down on a place in the area but just wanted to do more research before jumping the gun.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

20-25 minutes to the airport via ring road during traffic times.

My Ride
    ////M

I don't commute to the NE, but I think the only downside of living in Aspen is access to the airport. I can't imagine the commute to the NE being very fun (obviously depending where you are talking about).
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

If you leave by 7am getting to NE (16th and barlow) in about 20 - 30 mins using highway8/glenmore/deerfoot is doable

Im in montreux (springbank hill)
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    Ram

damn thats pretty good, right now going down beddington to deerfoot then 32nd ave is a good 40-45min, i can take a longer route(distance) but shorter time through stoney ---> metis and its 30min.

I know memorial usually isnt that bad in the mornings.

Never thought of that Euro_Trash. i guess im abit spoiled since going to the airport is 10min for me

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

My husband takes about 30 min in the morning (5.30am), he's off Edmonton Trail / Deerfoot (NW side)

Bow, downtown (5th Ave), memorial, deerfoot, McKnght.

Going home, in real rush hour it's about 40-45minutes going Edmonton Trail, 16th Ave, Sarcee, Bow.
    He took the DT route the one day after 4.15 and it took him over an hour.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
    I don't commute to the NE, but I think the only downside of living in Aspen is access to the airport.
    Agreed. at 5.15am to the airport last week it was a $60 fare - on my return home from the airport I took the limo town car service, $82.90 incl.tip.
    In rush hour, I got every penny out of it and the poor driver was looking more and more stressed seeing traffic backing up in the direction he wanted to go.

No direct route really sucks, it's a bit of weaving around every road.

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by nickyh

Agreed. at 5.15am to the airport last week it was a $60 fare - on my return home from the airport I took the limo town car service, $82.90 incl.tip.
    In rush hour, I got every penny out of it and the poor driver was looking more and more stressed seeing traffic backing up in the direction he wanted to go.

No direct route really sucks, it's a bit of weaving around every road.
    That sounds about right. Usually my cab fare is ~$60 in the morning, ~$80 on the way home.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

I had to do this hump for six months, when it snowed the commute time doubled, if it was a snow storm.... just sayin' a piss-jug is not optional. One afternoon it took me over two hours to get home, took a sick day on the other storm days. I am the type willing to leave in the morning nice and early to beat traffic, in the afternoon getting home in a storm it was a total shit show. I refused to renew my contract, even with a bump in pay based completely on the commute time.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I find getting to the NE is no issue getting home from the NE anytime after 3pm can be a real pain in the arse so I usually get onto stoney anyway possible, and then by the time Im passing tuscany I can see how busy sarcee south is and if it is buy I just go through the springbank area to reach aspen from the backroads.

Plus Ive never seen an rcmp officer on those backroads around springbank so you can go a bit faster.

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

I live in West Springs (should be similar drive as I take 69th to Bow, to Sarcee) and work just off 16th/Deerfoot.

Usually it takes me 30 minutes to go down 16th. If I leave really early, it can take me 20-25 minutes at the very best. 40-45 minutes is a good estimate if traffic is heavy (leaving home 7 to 7:30, leave work around 5PM).

I wouldn't recommend the combo, unless you can take the ring road. I've found a drive to the airport is about 30 minutes during normal traffic as well.

My Ride
    Lariat

im in strathcona (close enough haha) and my fiance drives to the far NE (saddle ridge) using Stony and she likes it, no traffic and 100 km/hr the whole waym still take her 30-40 mins one way but better than 20-30 mins in bumper to bumper traffic imo
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Originally posted by asp integra
    im in strathcona (close enough haha) and my fiance drives to the far NE (saddle ridge) using Stony and she likes it, no traffic and 100 km/hr the whole waym still take her 30-40 mins one way but better than 20-30 mins in bumper to bumper traffic imo
    I'm in strathcona as well. It can take from 30-40 mins to hours depending on traffic and weather. I work off McKnight and Barlow and find it takes a while if I go around the ring road, about 45 minutes, but it is always a consistent time.

The one nice thing I have noticed about living on the west end of town is that there are many different options for getting to the northeast. Deerfoot is a mess? Go 16th. Sarcee a crapshoot? Go glenmore to deerfoot. Both are crazy? Take the ring road.

You can even go through downtown from bow trail if you want.

Also, maybe with so many of us living on this side of town, and working in the NE, a beyond carpool might not be a bad idea...

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I'm also in Strathcona. If I'm heading to the NE/Airport and it's not rush hour, I simply go down Bow Trail through downtown and then take memorial to Deerfoot North.

My drive times are similar to what has been posted.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Aspen to MaxBell area during rush hour = 30min.

Do ittttt....

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I used to live in Wentworth with my parents. On a good day it would take me about 30-35 minutes to get to Sunridge Industrial.

I normally would go Bow Trail/Downtown/Memorial as my prime route, otherwise I would take 16th ave. If both are congested I sometimes would take Stoney and go around, but Metis Trail gets just as bad and I end up taking about an hour sometimes.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Ram

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    Aspen to MaxBell area during rush hour = 30min.

Do ittttt....
    you just want to be my neighbour...

does anyone take the crowchild to memorial to barlow route?

seems like the most viable solution for me

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

crowchild to memorial looks like a shit show most days when I go down 17th ave. I'd never want to contend with that every morning.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

My realtor friend asked me what I think of the Aspen area. He said access to DT by train is convenient.
    I heard from others that the area is busy and parking is an issue. How is the drive to DT area, and say to get Anderson and Elbow? And without generalizing or discriminating are there a bunch of Hollywood house wives or snobs/douches in the area?

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

The drive DT is really not that bad now with the train open, but it's the typical congestion thanks to 85th narrowing down (heading north) before the turn to Bow.
    Bow, single lane to Old Banff so it can get pretty bad, but overall things stil move quickly.

I would guess anywhere from 20-30min depending on the time of day and the weather factors.
    Aspen to Anderson, might as well find a home closer to that area. That's a gong show to get to, Glenmore, 14th at the best of times are gridlocked.

My brother in law was interviewing for a job out there, and he spent 50 minutes in traffic during rush hour, no accidents, nice and dry roads in the summer. Even if they would have offered him the job, that commute really turned him off.

LRT to DT is ok, parking is the biggest problem though.

You find douches / snob's anywhere, more may live in Aspen / Wentworth areas but your income bracket does not define that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast