Quantcast
Men's wedding bands - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's wedding bands

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Men's wedding bands

Just want to see what you men on lock down are sporting for wedding bands. Totally new to this idea and want to see what the fellas are wearing. Did you choose it yourself and why in the name of everything that's holy do men get shafted when it comes to sporting bling? I've seen some women's bands at like 5 times the price of some of the men's!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Between hitting the gym, working on cars, working on the house, etc, etc, I chose durability more than the bling even though my day job is a desk jockey. My simple titanium band costed a mere $300+/- simply for its durability. And just 5x the price diff between women's/men's? My wife's is well over 10x mine!
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 06-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    Between hitting the gym, working on cars, working on the house, etc, etc, I chose durability more than the bling even though my day job is a desk jockey. My simple titanium band costed a mere $300+/- simply for its durability. And just 5x the price diff between women's/men's? My wife's is well over 10x mine!
    10X???

This is just for the wedding band? Geez mate!

Any photos of it? Yours that is. I want to start looking at some and have no real idea what looks good.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

For the guys with bands made of other material than gold, don't you worry about the necessity of having it cut off in an emergency situation, and not being able to due to the different material?

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

i prefer plain looking bands. platinum looks the best but it is expensive. I got a palladium band since i dont like the look of gold and it has similar properties to platinum but doesnt weigh as much so its cheaper.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Tungsten Carbide, $15 off of ebay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tungsten-Carb...item51a090ccd3

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by blitz

That's funny because this is one that I just came across:

Wedding band

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

^ You can't resize those, so never get fat or get arthritis.

I went gold, for the sake that I think it's neat to have the same one forever. I think it's 10K.

14K or 18K will scratch up super fast.

I got mine pretty wide because I have fat fingers and big hands. I'm sure it'll get scratched up pretty good anyway, but I'm ok with that.

This is what I am wearing and have been for almost 8 years now.

The titanium is really nice and light and is pretty durable. Sure it gets a bit scratched but most materials will. I guess you could polish it if you wanted but I kinda like the wear on it.

http://www.titaniumrings.com/titaniu...num-inlay.html

My Ride
    This and that.

If your girl wants a blinging ring, you better be asking for a platinum band with at least a couple of little diamonds on it!
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-06-2013 at 01:56 PM.

I have this one made by Trew Tungsten, you can get them at Birks.

Tungsten carbide with an 18k brushed yellow gold inlay. I went with tungsten because it's really durable and I like the colour. The only possible downside for me was that they can't be resized. However, the company I went with offer 1 free resizing and I can just use it as motivation to not get too fat. If I ever injure my finger and it won't slip off I can crack it with a pair of vice grips easily.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

I just thought about having to get them resized if need be. Can the Titanium be resized?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Mine is plain brushed stainless steel. I like the look of some of the Titanium and Tungsten ones posted, but at the time, I was pretty broke, and I was also under the gun. My wife put mein chage of buying my own band, and I left it until three days before the ceremony. Found this one, it fit, cost $85, so I was out the door. Been six years, and I could afford a nicer one now, but I'm a pretty plain guy, so it works for me.

Besides, I wear a stainless steel ring on the other hand, so at least they match.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by blitz

Actually, I picked up mine off Ebay. It's a simple tungsten band with a slight curve, any nothing fancy whatsoever. For my $20 (shipped), they even engraved the inside with our names and wedding date. Her wedding ring was a grand, and after paying for that and the wedding itself, I didn't feel like spending a lot of myself.

Yes, Tungsten cannot be resized and would have to be ruined if my hand ever swelled up. But it's a really durable material and I don't have a single scratch in it after two years. (Though it has lost some of it's luster) I also like the weight... it feels substantial on my finger.

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by bspot

14K or 18K will scratch up super fast.
    I didn't know this beforehand and now my ring is scratched like crazy but in all fairness I'm not really gentle with it.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I bought a $40 titanium band from Ebay 7 years ago and I can't tell much difference from a wear/tear perspective from my friend who bought a $300 titanium band from Birks.

My other friend bought a $50 tungsten carbide ring from Ebay 5 years ago and there isn't a scratch on it at all.

So, unless the local jewellery stores have a design that you can't find anywhere else......consider saving some money and buying on ebay.

I also bought a Tungsten Carbide from ebay, but only wore it for a week as I found it too heavy. I do really like the way they look and the fact that they don't scratch........

My Ride
    lots

this is basically mine, except the diamons are reversed. 2 blue diamonds and 1 white one.

CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    R50

I picked my own. No gold, no bling, just a plain thick metallic band.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Pacman
    I bought a $40 titanium band from Ebay 7 years ago and I can't tell much difference from a wear/tear perspective from my friend who bought a $300 titanium band from Birks.

My other friend bought a $50 tungsten carbide ring from Ebay 5 years ago and there isn't a scratch on it at all.

So, unless the local jewellery stores have a design that you can't find anywhere else......consider saving some money and buying on ebay.

I also bought a Tungsten Carbide from ebay, but only wore it for a week as I found it too heavy. I do really like the way they look and the fact that they don't scratch........
    I've been wearing my ebay TC ring for 2 years, looks brand new. I don't care that it can't be resized as it costs less to just buy a new ring.

I had a fancier stainess steel with cement inlay orginally that was bought locally, but I've put on some finger bulk over the last decade and the disposable ebay ones are awesome.

My Ride
    X3

If you like the idea of Cobalt or Tungsten, check out: http://www.crownring.com/collection-alternative-metal

Ring sizing is free for life

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast