Quantcast
Wtb: backyard mechanic ?/hr and general landscaper $15/hr - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wtb: backyard mechanic ?/hr and general landscaper $15/hr

Default Wtb: backyard mechanic ?/hr and general landscaper $15/hr

Getting tired of not doing stuff I could do but don't have time.

A
    Looking for someone on here or references for toyota and BMW mechanics but some is basic stuff brand independant. Pricing?

B
    Also looking for landscapers to weed shovel etc for yard/grunt work. $15/hr or $20 if you are good and fly and don't need much help. And it could be a standing thing where you could make x per week once you have been here a few times, ie a contract. Is that too low?

I probably won't find A above so B is quite important I find. I am west of west hills.
    ----------------------------------

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

<http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ442970249>

Try this guy, Ive used him and he is prompt, professional, and really knows his stuff. Good guy too.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just sent a message to that wrench on the run guy. I have some basic mechanical stuff that would be perfect for a guy like that.

Landscaping is a tough gig, the reliable companies see to be insenely expensive. If you find a guy, let me know, I may have a few things for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Why wouldn't you have insurance coverage with your car? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Why wouldn't you have insurance coverage with your car? That doesn't make any sense to me.
    I think he means warranty?
    GO FLAMES GO!

Shops have insurance for when something goes wrong and something expensive gets broken. Some guy in his back yard does not have any form of insurance so you are shit out of luck if he breaks something, unless you want to go to small claims court.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by HO2S
    Shops have insurance for when something goes wrong and something expensive gets broken. Some guy in his back yard does not have any form of insurance so you are shit out of luck if he breaks something, unless you want to go to small claims court.
    And if the guy isn't properly insured (or worse, YOU are not properly insured), if he hurts himself on your property, you could open yourself up to lawsuits (which may or may not be justified).

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Another thing to consider is, with most of these back yard mechanics, they dont have a shop or a reputation to ruin with their shoddy service. So for them to earnestly care is unlikely.

I had a friend of a friend get his 2001 Nissan worked on by a backyard mechanic. After things didn't go so well, and he blew $1k to fix a very minor problem, the car was FAR FAR from being finished, when the "mechanic" fucked off. (The guy who hired him was an idiot that barely spoke english, so that was half the problem there).

But the car was a complete wreck. My buddy called me to come by and fix it for him since it "wouldn't start", but I had no idea what was wrong with the car initially, but it really didn't help when the wiring looms were removed. A/C unit was taken off, just paper cups of random nuts & bolts ALL over the engine bay. Random things taken off..... only to pop open the trunk and find half an engine top end just sitting there (WTF?????)

That kind of service is almost to be expected with most of these "mechanics" on Kijiji. So I'd very very highly recommend doing your homework before hand.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

You have to be careful for sure as there are
    Tons of hacks but the guy I posted is solid.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    06 F-150

If you guys still all need landscapers drop me a PM. I've worked on a golf course as an irrigation tech, and also have done years of other landscaping with maintainance companies. Currently working as an electrician apprentice, but happy to do some side work.