Quantcast
Any online cigar buyers here? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any online cigar buyers here?

My Ride
    Car

Just put in another order with cigarplace.biz- right now you can get a bundle of 20 Gurkha Status Maduro's for $75, so that's like 80% off if anybody's looking to add to their collection. Supposed to be pretty good ones...

Might order the 2013 aficionado's pack later, if they don't sell out

My Ride
    Hatred

I better order up some
    -U

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by JC522
    Does anyone know a site that sells Behike BHK 52 by singles that might be cheaper than local? I didn't see any on cigar place and local seems to be around the 60$ mark
    www.cuntint.com has them for $37. I believe shipping is free, but ships from Australia and you'll be rolling the dice on customs.

$46 from the chief without the customs risk, but you'd need to stock up to offset the $25 shipping.

My Ride
    G

Thanks, ya I've been ordering from cigar place so I'm familiar with the customs risks. Are the cc's that cigar place sells the ones from domican? I'll check out that site for behikes, thanks.
    Last edited by JC522; 03-04-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You wont be able to really dial in the box till you get some sticks in it, if you want a few to start off with let me know, i have waaaay too many haha
    Last edited by ercchry; 03-28-2014 at 10:45 PM.

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by Cos
    So I could use some advice. Just ordered a humidor and all the kit from the Hillhurst guy. I want to set up and condition the thing before we go to Cuba in 3 weeks.

I've smoked a few but to be honest I never know what Unknown gives me. He hasnt steered me wrong though. They are pretty nice. How do you start getting into this? What are the 'common' good cigars. Even getting the sizes right is hard for me for some reason. I'd also like to get a couple just to get a feeling and I plan to bring back a shit load when we return.
    About the cubans, pay attention to your climate. If your house/apartment gets over I think its 24C (or so) then it becomes prime tobacco beetle habitat and you'll find your cubans getting little black holes eaten into them all over the place. Only cuba has that problem due to commie pesticide rules or something. If you keep it around 21C you'll be fine though, from what I understand.

And keep the humi out of direct sunlight, for the same reason.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:13 PM.

My Ride
    G

Originally posted by Cos

I've smoked a few but to be honest I never know what Unknown gives me. He hasnt steered me wrong though. They are pretty nice. How do you start getting into this? What are the 'common' good cigars. Even getting the sizes right is hard for me for some reason. I'd also like to get a couple just to get a feeling and I plan to bring back a shit load when we return.
    The common tips seem to be to only buy your cigars from the duty free or from a casa del habano store. Never from a guy on the beach and Cohibas never come in a glass top box.

Sizing is a matter of preference, how long do you want to be smoking for? I prefer a robusto size which smokes for roughly 45min to an hour. The fad right now seems to be bigger ring guages though.

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by Cos
    So I could use some advice. Just ordered a humidor and all the kit from the Hillhurst guy. I want to set up and condition the thing before we go to Cuba in 3 weeks.

Hey Cos,

Depending on your humidor it should come with seasoning instructions. Depending on how long it has been in storage the wood could be very dry and you might not have a tight seal. Using distilled water only, damp a cloth and lightly wipe down the wood inside the humidor. Wait for it to dry, and repeat this about three times. You dont want to soak the wood or it could warp. You want to wipe it with water so it absorbs the moisture. Then take a shallow open dish and fill with distilled water and leave it in their for a few days. That or an 80%+ Boveda pack which are used for seasoning humidors. Boveda packs are usually easiest.

Once its seasoned you should notice that the lid feels firmer to open then when you first got it. If the lid still opens easily without much effort then it is not properly seasoned. Using a $5 bill slip it in between the lid and the box. If you can pull the bill out then it doesnt have a good seal.

As for cigars look into the Montecristo #4, the Romeo Y Julieta No 2 and Robusto's, and H. Upmann Half Corona's. All three are good smokes for your money. I prefer Robusto's or Half Corona's because they arent huge intimidating smokes that take longer then an hour to finish. Most resort area's have a La Casa Del Habanos which is the official store for cigars in Cuba which are government run. I recommend doing a quick google search on prices before you go down. Its not uncommon for the girls that work at these stores to add "tourist taxes" to your purchase. This is more common with credit card purchases. Some girls will overcharge you by up to $20 per box or more. If you go in and ask for specific cigars like I mentioned above and show you know what your looking for they are usually less likely to rip you off. I prefer to not buy at the Duty Free shop at the airport unless you can check the humidor where the cigars are stored first. Ask to see their hygrometer to verify the humidity is correct. Some people have reported that the duty free cigars have been dried out.

Your allowed to bring back 50 per person duty free. Cigarello's count towards your 50 total just an FYI. I love the Montecristo ones (their $70 a box here so I never buy em) but the tin of 25 eats half your allotment. You can bring back 200 cigarettes on top of your cigars, and at less then $5 a carton its totally worth it for your smoking friends. I bought four cartons of cigarettes and got change for my $20!
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 09:10 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah im around, let me know

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by Cos

Thanks for everything. Currently have my humidor conditioning with the humidifier, 3 tupperware containers of distilled water, and wiped it down with a damp cloth.

I wont have to worry about the smokes allotment, quit 5 years ago so wont be an issue anymore. All 3 of your recommendations are top of my list, and I actually found the list on Puff.com so I downloaded it. Ill probably print it off tomorrow.

My humidor already seems decently sealed and humidity has come up quite fast for what I was expecting. I am already at 70% after 2 days.

Thanks for all the tips. I am looking forward to trying some out.
    Your welcome. Let us know how it works out and what you pick up.

If you ever want more info check out: www.canadacigarforum.com
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Bump.., anyone still ordering from these guys? Anything change over the years? …the 3ft tall humidor I filled with orders circa these years is finally needing a refill

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump.., anyone still ordering from these guys? Anything change over the years? …the 3ft tall humidor I filled with orders circa these years is finally needing a refill
    I never have, but I've ordered repeatedly from CigarChief.com within Canada and they are excellent to deal with.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I never have, but I've ordered repeatedly from CigarChief.com within Canada and they are excellent to deal with.
    Probably the way to go for Cuban stuff… but this other site use to be pretty fantastic… very friendly declarations for customs… and premium non-Cuban cigars for under $5/stick CAD, landed

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Probably the way to go for Cuban stuff… but this other site use to be pretty fantastic… very friendly declarations for customs… and premium non-Cuban cigars for under $5/stick CAD, landed
    That does sound incredible.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That does sound incredible.
    Well… +1 for quick customer service… found an old email chain and responded. They already got back to me, probably not a viable option any longer… as of Jul. 2021 they are no longer willing to send “craft supplies” from your uncle that lives in Florida

True declarations and no more prepaid duty shipping option. With customs getting more and more sticky lately the odds of a huge bill/fine are looking pretty likely. If you decline delivery and the package manages to actually make it back to them, 20% restocking fee

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

How have they been on shipping times?

Anywhere else worth checking out online before I head to Zigarren this weekend?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ramminghard View Post
    How have they been on shipping times?

Anywhere else worth checking out online before I head to Zigarren this weekend?
    They used to be 24-48hr with a flat $25 rate for anything you shipped (10 boxes, or one single stick).
    I think they've changed their biz model (thanks CoVid) but my friend has still received ours in less than a week.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast