Quantcast
Calgary Alberta Floods 2013 - Re-entries slowly starting - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Alberta Floods 2013 - Re-entries slowly starting

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by coupesx
    Anyone else notice a significant change in the taste of your tap water?
    I tasted mine, it tasted fine
    City tweeted that quality of water is still good

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Not surprised if Rage is stuck in there. Seems to be the only NW/SW corridor left.
    Got some moderators (thanks guys!) to lead my gf home as they were heading the same way. Stoney is gridlocked right now. They ended up heading east from Chinook via southland to get to Deerfoot South to douglasdale, then off to barlow, glenmore, 84th, and finally ring road.

Took them almost 3 hrs to get back. Crazy!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    keeps getting hit!!

does anyone know if we are allowed to enter downtown? If yes, please advise which route to take, I want to pick up some family that are being evacuated.
    Originally posted by TorqueDog
    The first words in the article were "Tiffany Lukian loves Kia Rios" and my immediate thoughts were "There's her fucking problem".

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

I guarantee Stampede won't be cancelled. Maybe scaled down, but in the aftermath of this tragedy, it will be a rally-cry for the city's spirit, vibrancy, and trying to revitalize the economy. No way they'll cancel it, even if the parade is a couple horses on Nenshi's front yard.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by 93accord
    does anyone know if we are allowed to enter downtown? If yes, please advise which route to take, I want to pick up some family that are being evacuated.
    Looks like 10st is open. How you get there? I don't know.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

kenny somehow made it downtown to try to get some pics. I have no idea how he made it in.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

@ENMAX, in consultation with @CEMA, will be restoring power as areas are deemed safe. The evacuation order remains in effect.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Originally posted by AndyL

You'd think if they say fully closed we'd assume they might be serious and just planning to close the whole thing?
    And what would the reason be to close deerfoot north of peigan? lots of people can still use it to head out north from 17th ave, etc....

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by rage2
    kenny somehow made it downtown to try to get some pics. I have no idea how he made it in.
    I saw those pics he's taking. Must have a seadoo
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

so even if the rains stop. What's the ETA for the city to get back to a serviceable level in terms of roads etc. A day, a week a few weeks etc? This is unprecedented in my 30+ years in this city

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by 88CRX
    Just got word from parents that Cranston Sobeys (and probably most grocery stores) is a complete and utter gong show. Not sure how much I believe but apparently the shelves are clearing/cleared out. Do people really think it's going to get that bad that they need to stock up?
    I just walked by the Sobeys/Petro/Macs at Cranston. I have no idea why, but there are lineups to get gas. It makes no sense.

However all those houses they just built and are building down in the valley in Cranston are about to be flooded. Good job making the ground high enough to withstand a flood. Dumbasses.

My Ride
    4x4

Holy crap!!!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by GoChris

However all those houses they just built and are building down in the valley in Cranston are about to be flooded. Good job making the ground high enough to withstand a flood. Dumbasses.
    Really? I was down there this morning and it didn't look too bad.

jibber is offline slower than rage2 at the track
    My Ride
    2021 K1X FB20D GT Sport, 2012 K23 N50 VQ40 SV

Originally posted by BigMass
    so even if the rains stop. What's the ETA for the city to get back to a serviceable level in terms of roads etc. A day, a week a few weeks etc? This is unprecedented in my 30+ years in this city
    That depends. If a major bridge suffers structural compromise, it could be a while before things resemble normal, if Normal refers to, say, the 18th.

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Mayor Nenshi just announced for non-evacuation areas to be prepared for power outages. Charge devices and save work - his words.

Deerfoot is confirmed to be closed this afternoon.

Default downtownt this morning

Hey guys, so I have my own company doing Aquarium Design/setup/Maintenance, and got the call early this am to start installing some batter powered air pumps on a bunch of tanks downtown. Took some photos that documented the trip in and trip out

I live in Braeside, and started by heading down Southland to Blackfoot, then down heritage by the old auto circle to grab all the rest of the pumps from my work in foothills at approc barlow and glenmore. Headed up Peigan after that then along the dover ridge, then onto deerfoot N to 16 ave. Encountered mild traffic. Cut throught the community and down center street to my first call (in chinatown, the triangular building) Here are some photos

Coming down centre street

Riverfront Ave

Also riverfornt ave from inside the building

directly beside the building (didnt pay, folded the tailgate down! j.k)

Finished there, bought the fish another 48-72 hours of oxygen, headed to Paliser One and Paliser South, hit the 18,22,23, and 27 floor of Paliser One, and took the following photos looking East(ish out of their window at approx 10 am

Got some pumps onfloor 10 of paliser south as well, and as I was leaving there was water filling macleod trail south under the train tracks at 9 ave see pics

Route home sucked. One of my customers in the ALberta Building was stuck there without vehicle so I drove her way up North headed out on 16th. To get back to braeside I headed 16ave east to deerfoot, to peigan/barlow, to deerfoot North, to anderson. Lafarge is in rough shape.

Hope everyone is alright out there.

Here is some random pics

Gawkers along deerfoot

DEERFOOT and 17 ave

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I just walked by the Sobeys/Petro/Macs at Cranston. I have no idea why, but there are lineups to get gas. It makes no sense.

Gas for generators/boats etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

An idling car can power a large amount of stuff. Plus you can always drive away from the storm.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    The fire department can still respond to calls for help.... title of tweet is "Craziest image this morning? Roxboro. Yes, that is a boat."

My family owned a house on this block right across the street from the river for 43 years and never had a flood or so much as a drop of water in the basement. We sold just under a year ago. So sad to see my old neighborhood like this.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by rage2

An idling car can power a large amount of stuff. Plus you can always drive away from the storm.
    Probably also worried about water getting into the holding tanks, and not having quality gas for a week at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast