Quantcast
Thanks to all emergncy staff this weekend - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Thanks to all emergncy staff this weekend

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Default Thanks to all emergncy staff this weekend

I know there is a thread about this weekend's crisis however I want to send a separate shout out and thank you to all Emergency staff this weekend in particular those on beyond we so love to taunt in less dire times.

So to Phil and the boys thanks for putting in the extra time and keeping us safe this weekend. Not even a reported flood related injury to date.

Well done.

My Ride
    G37X

Class acts out there..two thumbs up from me to EMS..CPS..City of Calgary...Fire Dept...and of course the volunteers Makes me proud to be a Calgarian.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Yeah in the other thread there are some pretty touching and sad comments but Calgary as a community will get through this. Material things can and will be replaced. If we all help out in anyway we can we'll all get through this.

Very impressed with the amount of organization so far.

Thanks everyone, we are all happy we can be of service in this incredibly difficult time for Calgarians, and on behalf of my colleagues I thank you for the kind words. It's been nothing short of amazing watching members of EVERY emergency service tirelessly working together on 24-32 hour long shifts to get this handled.

From those of us who work the downtown district and serve every community either evacuated/underwater as part of our regular duties, and have watched an incredible crisis unfold within mere hours, big props to the people of this city for doing what they can and helping emergency services to do our jobs and help all of you out. All things being relative, this could not have gone as well as it did without that cooperation.

We have an amazing team working in CEMA, and we should all count ourselves as fortunate for having very competent management in CPS/CFD/AHS/Bylaw/City of Calgary, you name it. They handled a rapidly unfolding crisis with great care and foresight.

I'm proud to be a Calgarian and serving Calgarians right now!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Well said. Thanks to everyone helping out.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah man, huge thanks to all the CPS and related services. Good to see even the EPS is in town to help.

Frick I wish I was in town myself to help with the volunteer efforts, but Im so far away.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Big thanks to all the City staff who have been called in to assist, they have a lot of people working behind the scenes to keep things going for the front-line responders.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Great work to everyone. Being stuck in mcmurray while people I care about being evacuated is hard.

Wednesday ill be back see if I can volunteer anywhere
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Thread is two days old, but I had to throw my two cents in.

Hats off to the City of Calgary and every other agency (CEMA, AHS, EPS, EFD, Canadian Forces, etc..too many to name) involved during this crisis. But most importantly, a special shout-out should go to the men and women of the Calgary Police Service, Calgary Fire Department, and Calgary EMS.

These guys go through a lot of shit on a day-to-day basis, and especially in the case of CPS/EPS members, they are often the target of ridicule and complaining from ordinary citizens. We'll curse when we see their flashing lights in our rearview mirrors, or hiding behind a tree with a LIDAR gun. But they're always there whenever we need them most, and they will lay their lives on the line for the rest of us without any hesitation. This year's flood is no exception.

Two thumbs up for every emergency services worker out there!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I totally agree 100% - class acts all the way.

But let's not forget about the outpouring of volunteers as well. Their own services are going to go a long way in the cleanup efforts.

My Ride
    Sedans

It's amazing to see how this pulled the city together and everyone is showing so much support and giving so much assistance.

Blog: http://officialthreetwenty.com/

'92 Grand Prix SE sedan: 3.1L V6 / Auto
    '12 Focus SE sedan: 2.0L I4 / 5-speed manual

-Bill M.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I have never been so proud to be a Calgarian. Many cities go to hell when disasters hit and have violence and looting everywhere. The people of Calgary all came together and its so awesome to see. People offering places to stay and volunteering their time to help out just shows how awesome this city is. Big props to all the first responders, city workers and the awesome citizens. Great work everyone!!!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....