Quantcast
Bulleit Bourbon - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bulleit Bourbon

My Ride
    Car

Default Bulleit Bourbon

I hate to do this to my trusty Woodford reserve, but lately I've been in love with this Bulleit stuff. Problem is I feel like a douche talking about it cause I don't know the name. How the eff do you pronounce this delicious concoction?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Hahaha

I was reading the thread title and wondering the exact same thing.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Model S

bullet

Funny given the OPs handle.

This is my favourite bourbon. You should be able to pronounce it too.

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by sputnik
    Funny given the OPs handle.

This is my favourite bourbon. You should be able to pronounce it too.

Don't get me wrong, Woody's always got a special place in my bar, but sometimes you just gotta mix things up haha.

The youtube video clears things up pretty well. "Bullet". I've had a bartender tell me it was called "Boolay", which just confused the crap out of me at the time.

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

For the money Bulliet is awesome. Good as an everyday drink. for a bit more money i like Blanton's

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by alien
    For the money Bulliet is awesome. Good as an everyday drink. for a bit more money i like Blanton's

I might have to try this one. I was gonna get a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve the other day...anybody tried it? Ultimately I couldn't justify a $70 bottle on a whim so I passed.

My Ride
    '72 Volvo 1800E / '11 Escape

Jefffersons is one I've been meaning to try keep wanting to find it cheap in the US, for the same $$ reason.
    I've got a small collection of bourbons with my prizes being a Papy Van Winkle 20 year, a Blanton's Special Reserve and a bottle of Bookers; all of those just roll off the tongue and massage your taste buds.
    Rest consists of common stuff as I tried out different bottles, Makers Mark, Bulleit, Rowans Creek, Eagle Rare, Kirkland, Buffalo Trace, Woodford, Knob Creek, a few more I've probably forgotten..I just buy more any time I'm down in the States where they are 1/3 the price.

But something is seriously wrong with me because my "daily drinker bottle is...Wild Turkey 101.... Don't know wth is wrong with my taste buds, they just keep going back to the stuff though.
    2006 Edmonton Indy - Heatstroke
    2007 Vegas Grand Prix - Fremont awesomeness
    2010 Montreal Grand Prix - Section 11!
    2011 Edmonton Indy - Mudfest
    2012 Nascar Autoclub 400 - Convinced I attract rain....
    2016 Spa & Monza. Ya baby!

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

Originally posted by malbadon
    Jefffersons is one I've been meaning to try keep wanting to find it cheap in the US, for the same $$ reason.
    I've got a small collection of bourbons with my prizes being a Papy Van Winkle 20 year, a Blanton's Special Reserve and a bottle of Bookers; all of those just roll off the tongue and massage your taste buds.
    Rest consists of common stuff as I tried out different bottles, Makers Mark, Bulleit, Rowans Creek, Eagle Rare, Kirkland, Buffalo Trace, Woodford, Knob Creek, a few more I've probably forgotten..I just buy more any time I'm down in the States where they are 1/3 the price.

But something is seriously wrong with me because my "daily drinker bottle is...Wild Turkey 101.... Don't know wth is wrong with my taste buds, they just keep going back to the stuff though.
    Suprisingly the kirkland is quite drinkable. I was suprised that it was priced higher than standard jim beam/evan williams stuff too.

The Jeffersons is worth the tariff IMO if you like your bourbon. My goto is the regular Makers Mark though, and on special days Makers Mark 46. Basil Hayden's is also intersting if you're in the mood for something on the lighter side.

My Ride
    Model S

My current favorite:

http://fourrosesbourbon.com/small-batch/

Haven't tried Kirkland yet. I bought it for a cousin in law for his birthday, thinking I'd get a taste, but the bastard never opened it

I recently found out that Portland makes a few bourbons and they're pretty good. I thought nowhere outside of Kentucky really did. There is a multi-distillery tour deal there too.

My Ride
    '99 Civic HB, '95 Odyssey

where do you guys find this stuff? I gave up looking for anything beyond Makers Mark and Woodford awhile back. I guess it's time to restart the hunt.

The Kirkland is really good and not pricey. $35 for 1L($20 in the US)

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by Horatio
    where do you guys find this stuff? I gave up looking for anything beyond Makers Mark and Woodford awhile back. I guess it's time to restart the hunt.
    Coop liquor store on 11th ave sw has pretty good selection, also willow park by south center

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

Originally posted by Horatio
    If in the NW, Crowfoot liquor has a not bad selection as well. Prices seem to vary with coop though, they charge a little more for Eagle rare but are cheaper for bulleit.

I just finished a Justified (TV series) binge, all seasons viewed in a week. It was Papy Van Winkle this, Papy Van Winkle that, buying a bottle on the weekend to see what the fuss was about. The ultimate product placement, a character that loves the stuff.

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    I just finished a Justified (TV series) binge, all seasons viewed in a week. It was Papy Van Winkle this, Papy Van Winkle that, buying a bottle on the weekend to see what the fuss was about. The ultimate product placement, a character that loves the stuff.
    I've also been curious about that one, it's what they're drinking in the beginning of The Internship also. Never heard of it until then, now it seems to be everywhere.