Quantcast
2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class - Updated C400 Review - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class - Updated C400 Review

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class

First spyshots that look like a car... AMG version expected to get 4matic and 4.0L TT. Base models should be arriving by August of next year.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

It looks like an E class from the side rear. I like it.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

i read an article recently with an exec at Mercedes saying they won't be doing a 4matic C-class AMG

My Ride
    Grimace

Baby S Class. Boooooooo

My Ride
    Exploded.

They better have stepped up in the interior as well. Need to catch up to what Audi is offering right now with the A4.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by flipstah
    They better have stepped up in the interior as well. Need to catch up to what Audi is offering right now with the A4.
    Mercedes CEO
    We have again partnered with garmin to paste a pos looking screen to the dash instead of trying to either integrate it into the dash or create a unit that recedes into the dashboard. I hope you break it and crash

Regards

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Interior pics, and it looks like they're continuing down the path of the Garmin screen look. No idea if it retracts or not.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I really like the front bumper and exhaust, the new C63 should be interesting.

I had no idea they covered the interior of development cars.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by rage2
    Interior pics, and it looks like they're continuing down the path of the Garmin screen look. No idea if it retracts or not.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    I'm digging that center console although I think the vents and the screen should be the other way around.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by KRyn
    I really like the front bumper and exhaust, the new C63 should be interesting.

I had no idea they covered the interior of development cars.
    They're not really development cars at this point, they're pretty much production level cars, with the exception of software and very minor hardware tweaks. The tooling was done long ago and factories are being upgraded for the new car now, as builds will start in around 5-6 months time.

It's still getting the TT V6 option, right? And is there a dual clutch transmission available?

This is what I've always felt was missing from the C class compared to the 335i and S4. Same price, yet the other two get way more motor and a dual clutch tranny. I've always loved the way the MB looked.

^

That and AWD was what really pushed me to the S4.
    I actually like the look of the old exhaust vs the new one. Just personal preference though.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    It's still getting the TT V6 option, right? And is there a dual clutch transmission available?

This is what I've always felt was missing from the C class compared to the 335i and S4. Same price, yet the other two get way more motor and a dual clutch tranny. I've always loved the way the MB looked.
    Then, again, there are still tons of C350 on the street. So I don't think they have much incentive to fight with 335 and S4.

Isn't the 4.0TT for the AMG based on the 2.0L in CLA45 and eventual successor of 5.0TT?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by rage2
    Called it

Not sure I like it being a baby s class, but I think once all the cladding comes off it will look pretty good.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's looking like the 4.0L V8 TT for the C63, and there's a lot of speculation that it's based on the 2.0L in the 45, but really, unless it's an inline 8 (2 inline 4's merged together), it's going to be a completely different motor.

For the non AMG's, there's a 3.0L V6 TT coming in there as well with AWD, C400 4Matic. The engine is currently in the S500 Hybrid, and the E400 that might make it here, and the S400 that won't make it here.

My Ride
    W204

I have absolutely ZERO complaints about the 7 Speed torque converter in my C63. Ok maybe one complaint in that it doesn't react to my paddle commands fast enough. Otherwise, it's such a great tranny; it's smooth, it's always fully locked (unless you're stopped at a light obviously) so it feels like you're in a manual, and it's almost always in the right gear. Seriously I hate conventional autos but that tranny easily makes me forget about manuals.

Although I can't speak for the regular C-class.. No idea if the auto in those act the same (as in fully locked all the time).

Anyways I sure the new AMG C class will be fast, but big loud gas guzzling NA V8 FTW!!!!
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

^^ I'd be fine with the 7spd from the C63 if it weren't for the shift delay in manual. I know it's an excellent transmission. It's great in full auto but when you go to manual mode and the paddles have delay it takes all the fun out of it IMO, as I would drive manual mode 100% of the time unless I was in bad traffic. Input delay is extremely annoying in pretty much any product, not just cars. I have read MB purposely does that as well, which means they could take it away too - fingers crossed.

If the C400 gets that tranny I think it would be good enough for most buyers.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The shift delay is pretty much gone in the newer 7spd autos with the wet startup clutch replacing the tq converter. The only problem is that the damn tranny overheats at the track now and goes into limp mode unless you have a Black Series which has an additional tranny cooler. Hopefully that gets addressed in the newer cars.

I was able to trigger limp mode on the facelifted C63 at the track every single session in Vegas last year haha.

My Ride
    W204

^^ I'd be fine with the 7spd from the C63 if it weren't for the shift delay in manual. I know it's an excellent transmission. It's great in full auto but when you go to manual mode and the paddles have delay it takes all the fun out of it IMO, as I would drive manual mode 100% of the time unless I was in bad traffic. Input delay is extremely annoying in pretty much any product, not just cars. I have read MB purposely does that as well, which means they could take it away too - fingers crossed.
    Before this I only had manual cars and I was a little worried at first but truth be told, the tranny (especially in sport mode) is just so good at figuring out what you're trying to do that I really have no desires to drive it in manual mode. I do on occasions for shits and giggles to hear exhaust burbbling on downshifts or to hold gears but that's about it.

I think what bothers me MORE than the shift delay is the side to side +/- shifting. I absolutely despise that and would just wish that Merc would swallow their pride and ditch it in favour of something more conventional. What's worse, one time I was cornering hard and my backpack in the passenger seat came flying over and triggered a downshift! Also sometimes I put my knee up by the centre console just to stretch and it hits stick LOL.

In any case, like I said, the tranny is so willing to downshift and always stays in the right gear that I really don't miss manual shifting at all.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    This and that.

I don't know in my C63 I find the shift lag in S mode. But in M mode it shifts up and down almost right away. The lag isn't even substantial enough for it to be noticeable.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast