Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2013-2014 Edition - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2013-2014 Edition

Missed the line brawl, but god damn! Good on Hartley for sticking it in Tort's ass. Love how the Canucks are trending downwards.

Ah its nice that the flames make themselves out to be even more of a joke than what everyone already thinks they are.

^ how was it a joke? They put on a good show and got a point. Please don't tell me you are one of the pansies who thinks fighting should not be in hockey or something?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Ah its nice that the flames make themselves out to be even more of a joke than what everyone already thinks they are.
    For what exactly? The line brawl? Most entertaining thing all year. Takes two to tangle, and most fans on both sides seemed to love it. Even if you didn't like the fight part, you can't deny that it resulted in arguably the most entertaining and emotional game all year
    Last edited by btimbit; 01-19-2014 at 04:53 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Amazing. All the sudden I've immediately started reading your username with a French accent.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Torts did this twice vs the Devils when he coached NYR. I'd love to know why he thinks it's different when Hartley does it. You'd also think the team that just had 3 one-sided fighting penalties would realize that you don't actually have to fight when somebody else wants to.

PJ was right. You can't be Torts, having done what Torts did, and then get mad about the situation. Whether or not you like the fact that it's in the game is irrelevant. Torts was hilariously hypocritical and that's what PJ was hot about.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Please explain your post as most here think it is uneducated, useless drivel.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Kavy

Please explain your post as most here think it is uneducated, useless drivel.
    I think he makes these posts to create a response then disappears. Called me clueless a few pages ago and never came back to explain

Originally posted by btimbit

I think he makes these posts to create a response then disappears. Called me clueless a few pages ago and never came back to explain
    I called calgary puck clueless, and any thread on the site can explain why.

Starting your "tough" guys to instigate a fight is what my comment about the flames was in regards to. Mind you I was drinking last night and if I recalled correctly on sports centre they said calgary had started it and then Vancouver out theirs out after they saw the line up card. If that was not the case then my post is wrong obviously.

Starting your "tough" guys to instigate a fight is what my comment about the flames was in regards to. Mind you I was drinking last night and if I recalled correctly on sports centre they said calgary had started it and then Vancouver out theirs out after they saw the line up card. If that was not the case then my post is wrong obviously.
    Sure he started our tough guys... But they're also our energy line, as in start the game with a bang. Torts did not have to start his 4th line, he only did so after seeing the line Hartley chose to start with. Do you think if he started his first line out 4th line guys would jump them all?? Not likely, but he instead started willing combatants.

Takes two to tango.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

So, just like every other website on the web

No evidence that it was done specifically to start a line brawl, I think if that were the case Butler and Jones wouldn't have been out there, likely O'Brien and Bouma respectively. Starting the 4th line isn't uncommon, granted we haven't seen much of it this year, Hartley specifically used to do it quite often in Colorado with his Stanley Cup team

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Bieksa taking the faceoff but refusing to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    Bieksa taking the faceoff but refusing to fight.
    Supposedly to stand up for Laine...

The same Laine that was brought to the NHL for his 'mean play' is 6'6, and has more fights this year than Westgarth does.

Right.

My Ride
    2005 F350

that is nothing new. Bieksa would never fight someone unless they were smaller than him and only when they aren't expecting it. fuck that guy.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

SOAB - what do you base your comments on? Bieksa is not even 200 pounds, and he's fought the lights of Matt Greene (235), Marleau (220), Jamal Mayers (222), Viktor Stalberg (210), Voros (215), I could go on and on. And he lined up against Westgarth who is some 235-240 pounds.

While he HAS fought people smaller than him, on average he generally fights guys bigger than him. He fights who he needs to fight; weight doesn't seem to really factor into the equation.

...and "not expecting it"? Look through the Youtube videos of his fights, and he almost invariably squares off on them before fighting.

It was Laine's first game, and his parents had flown in. I think what Bieksa did was a stand-up thing to do rather than having Laine fight a bigger, more experienced opponent in front of his family.

I'm all for team spirit and rivalries, but it's very sad to see how you guys let your hate for the Canucks cloud both logic and the facts.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 01-20-2014 at 09:35 AM.

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by Kloubek
    SOAB - what do you base your comments on? Bieksa is not even 200 pounds, and he's fought the lights of Matt Greene (235), Marleau (220), Jamal Mayers (222), Viktor Stalberg (210), Voros (215), I could go on and on. And he lined up against Westgarth who is some 235-240 pounds.

While he HAS fought people smaller than him, on average he generally fights guys bigger than him. He fights who he needs to fight; weight doesn't seem to really factor into the equation.

...and "not expecting it"? Look through the Youtube videos of his fights, and he almost invariably squares off on them before fighting.

It was Laine's first game, and his parents had flown in. I think what Bieksa did was a stand-up thing to do rather than having Laine fight a bigger, more experienced opponent in front of his family.

I'm all for team spirit and rivalries, but it's very sad to see how you guys let your hate for the Canucks cloud both logic and the facts.
    ^lol

Here is a youtube compilation of your hero, notice everyone he fights is smaller then him...

If he was going to save Laine, who was only in the lineup to counter Westgarth, then maybe he should have fought him instead of running away. Laine ended up fighting him anyways. So all bieksa did was embarrass them both...

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Bieksa's my favourite player on the Canucks, but a defenseman stepping into a faceoff is a pretty direct challenge, only to have him turtle. I get the mentality that he wanted to 'protect'the rookie, but that rookie is a solid fighter who was brought up from the AHL specifically for his mean and tough play.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Head over to Calgary Puck if you want pure comedy in the Stajan Resigned thread.

I think hockey forums should make you answer 3 hockey questions before being able to sign up.

Side note Stajan Resigned
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Bieksa is a punk. Perfect fit on the Canucks roster.

Originally posted by Kavy
    Side note Stajan Resigned
    Re-signed.

Not resigned.

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast