Quantcast
20 most dangerous cities & places in the world. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 20 most dangerous cities & places in the world.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Arrow 20 most dangerous cities & places in the world.

http://badcontrol.net/10-most-danger...world-in-2012/

^ 10 most dangerous cities.

http://badcontrol.net/10-most-danger...ist-locations/
    ^ 10 most generally dangerous and unsafe countries/places in the world.

I thought I'd post this here.... I found these by accident, following a link off of another blog site.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Interesting...not sure I'd agree with the lists though.

Kenya, Colombia, Zim, and Brazil are relatively easy to travel safely if you do your homework. Somalia, Lebanon and Iraq require a bit of due diligence these days but can also be safely traveled as long as nothing crazy is going on.

If I were writing that list today it would contain Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, Congo, Nigeria, Sudan, and probably a few of the smaller countries on the west cost of Africa.

I've got an American buddy who hitchhikes through all of the world's dangerous places who has never had an issue. Sometimes I think it's more about how your manage and project yourself in your travels than how and where you travel.

Thanks for the links....safe travels everyone!

Can't really take that site seriously when it doesn't have citations for half of the assertions or when the links are to itself, and wikpedia (rather to the direct source). I'd take it more seriously if it was and if the assertions made were backed up with statistics to links to specific examples.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Lists like these assume that you're going to immerse yourself in the local culture by buddying up to local gangs. That list is ridiculous.

I spent almost a week in Rio and over 3 months in Cape town and would highly recommend anyone visits them. Rented cars, took public transit, hung out with locals, and partied (note: drinking is a fast way to get mugged anywhere, including Africa).

The only place I have actually felt unsafe was cities in Egypt and Jordan, and that was because I was traveling with an attractive young Caucasian woman (my fiance). Which as it turns out, is a fast track to constant sexual harassment, glares, hissing, and verbal abuse.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by thrasher22

The only place I have actually felt unsafe was cities in Egypt and Jordan, and that was because I was traveling with an attractive young Caucasian woman (my fiance). Which as it turns out, is a fast track to constant sexual harassment, glares, hissing, and verbal abuse.
    Yep, Egyptians are pricks. I didn't notice it so much in Jordan but definitely constant harassment of the women I was with in Egypt. Almost led to a few fights while I was there.

Highlight was when an Egyptian guy grabbed a Kiwi girls tit - she's a tough rugby player and pushed the guy hard against a wall and made him drop cold.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by gatorade
    Can't really take that site seriously when it doesn't have citations for half of the assertions or when the links are to itself, and wikpedia (rather to the direct source). I'd take it more seriously if it was and if the assertions made were backed up with statistics to links to specific examples.
    Can't take it seriously because it sounds like it was written by someone who isn't very well educated. I wouldn't take this list to heart. Sure, some of the spots are a no brainer, but so is the author.

My Ride
    Wristshots

It's funny that Cape Town makes the list but Johannesburg doesn't.

My Ride
    G37X

Am I the only one who's surprised that Calgary ( due to N.E. quadrant ) didn't make the top 10?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Am I the only one who's surprised that Calgary ( due to N.E. quadrant ) didn't make the top 10?

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

This is probably your worst post till date. Trying too hard to be funny :|

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Tej.S

This is probably your worst post till date. Trying too hard to be funny :| [/B]
    Glad your keeping track. I wasn't trying to be funny though, I'm genuinely surprised!!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Glad your keeping track. I wasn't trying to be funny though, I'm genuinely surprised!!
    Then you haven't lived life. #yolo

My Ride
    G6

I've only been to one on the list; Rio. Definitely some sketchy party, but they are usually pretty clear. Having said that, when we were there, my buddy who is definition idiot tourist got pickpocketed.

NE Calgary's probably safer than the bad parts of every other major Canadian city... It's a list of 10 cities, not 1,000.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

NE Calgary scares you that much?

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

http://www2.macleans.ca/crime-chart/

In this list, which is just Canada, Calgary is 50th! Wait till you come to Kelowna in the summer! Number 7!

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by GTS4tw
    http://www2.macleans.ca/crime-chart/

In this list, which is just Canada, Calgary is 50th! Wait till you come to Kelowna in the summer! Number 7!
    LOL none too surprised with PG topping the list either...gotta love HA's and all of their puppet clubs

Lol "ycd" Nanaimo feels 10x more hood than Calgary, half the town is like a trailer park, and i bet they have way more grow ops per capita. I am excluding those 4-6 blocks in forest lawn that are worse

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

freetown?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    W204

Links don't work..
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by slinkie
    Lol "ycd" Nanaimo feels 10x more hood than Calgary, half the town is like a trailer park, and i bet they have way more grow ops per capita. I am excluding those 4-6 blocks in forest lawn that are worse
    Nanaimo is pretty ghetto..I'd agree with that. But if you haven't been there recently you might be shocked. Harewood aka Scarewood (kind of like the N.E. equivalent) is actually looking much better. I don't get that hood feel from Nanaimo, It's mainly older retired types /natives not ex-child soldiers from sudan or some other war torn country.