Quantcast
are Michael Kors watches any good - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: are Michael Kors watches any good

Default are Michael Kors watches any good

I am just wondering if Michael Kors watches are any good I am looking at buying the oversized gold one that is on there website for $300

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

They are basic fashion watches that utilize quartz movements. They are nothing special and are made by Fossil.

Are they good? Not really.

Are they bad? Not really.

They're like Honda Civics. They get the job done but there's really nothing special about them aside from the name.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Considering MK watches are made by Fossil, I wouldn't hold much value to their product.

They're meh and not worth $300 IMO. Same as Diesel watches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil,_Inc.

ok that is good too know that fossil makes Michael kors watches, would you say that Emporio Armani watches are better then the MK ones as some of them are close in the same price range

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by rollinv4l
    ok that is good too know that fossil makes Michael kors watches, would you say that Emporio Armani watches are better then the MK ones as some of them are close in the same price range
    Same thing...just a different pile. Note that fossil also makes Emporio Armani watches...would you consider the quality to be any better for any reason whatsoever when it's at the same price point?

You're looking at spending what...300 bucks? If it looks nice to YOU, go ahead and buy it already because all that these watches are selling is an image. Who cares, man.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

I wouldn't buy a watch from a designer who primarily makes clothes. Stick to a watch maker.

But if you like it, why not?

My Ride

Originally posted by rollinv4l
    Literally the same product just a different name.

Fossil makes good watches overall. They can last a while and use reliable quartz movements. There's nothing wrong with them, and if you like them buy it.

Just don't brag about your new watch to anyone who has a halfway clue about anything watch related...

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Would this be a fair statement? My definition of a good watch is anything with a sapphire crystal. To me the movement is more a personal preference.

My Ride

Originally posted by supe
    Would this be a fair statement? My definition of a good watch is anything with a sapphire crystal. To me the movement is more a personal preference.
    I don't agree with that statement, but like anything else, what makes a watch a good one for you is subjective.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

I'd buy a decent seiko for around that range

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Check out obris morgan.
    For about 230 bucks you get Japanese movement (citizen)
    And sapphire crystal
    Awesome bang for your buck

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I think you guys need to take these for what they are. Fashion watches, they look cool and have some great designs for cheap, I bought a few that I wear to the bar only, both look like ivory and when buying I didn't think about anything more then the way they looked.

Stop over analyzing.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by NRGie
    I'd buy a decent seiko for around that range

My Ride
    G37X

Take a look at Skagen..I've had one of their titanium low profile watches for a couple years and it's been awesome. Think it was just over $200 @ the bay

Any basic quartz movement will accurately reflect time, and therefore be good for that purpose. However, whether a given watch is worth owning is an altogether different question. In this case, and especially for $300, an MK watch would never enter my mind, and if given one I would promptly attempt to sell it.

MK. Oversize. Gold. $300.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride

Originally posted by ddduke
    I think you guys need to take these for what they are. Fashion watches, they look cool and have some great designs for cheap, I bought a few that I wear to the bar only, both look like ivory and when buying I didn't think about anything more then the way they looked.

Stop over analyzing.
    Your first point has been made a few times in this thread already.

Regarding "stop over analyzing", he OP asked if MK watches are any good. They didn't say what "any good" referred to, so naturally people are going to come talking about movements, build quality, etc.

If you want to advocate spending $300 on fashion watches, hey, go right ahead. That doesn't mean other people should.

most fasion watches use basic quartz, some swiss movements... usually not swiss assembled even if they are swiss movements

this isn't bad.. its just what it is

most won't use swiss crystals or high grade automatic ETA movements, but I think the occational Hugo Boss watch (which is an ETA family right?) may

not popular here in Canada, but Mido watches, which are ETA as well, can be had for very good prices using good 2824 movements.

I've seen a 2892 chronometer available for under $600

My Ride

You can get Tissot's or Hamiton's with ETA auto's in them for around $350 or so. You can get Seiko 5's for around $150 or so.

If you want auto but don't want to pay $300+ for an ETA there are the Parnis/Sea-Gull/Sturhling/etc. of the world that use Chinese movements. I've had a Lucien Piccard with a Chinese auto movement for the least seven years and it's still ticking.

Originally posted by A790
    You can get Tissot's or Hamiton's with ETA auto's in them for around $350 or so. You can get Seiko 5's for around $150 or so.

If you want auto but don't want to pay $300+ for an ETA there are the Parnis/Sea-Gull/Sturhling/etc. of the world that use Chinese movements. I've had a Lucien Piccard with a Chinese auto movement for the least seven years and it's still ticking.
    I know those sea-gulls are now a proven movement, but I'd rather go for a seiko anyday

I also like this citizen watch Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Diamond I saw it on sale on a website for $680.00. are these pretty good watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast