Quantcast
Mopac Auto Supply Reveiw. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mopac Auto Supply Reveiw.

Thumbs down Mopac Auto Supply Reveiw.

I didn't realize the internet was so hard to use before coming here. A simple thing like an air filter they totally screw up and give me the wrong one. So I have to drive across the city twice to return it and they want more money.... I ask if they can take a few bucks off to compensate me for driving across the city twice and the guy says "well what do you want me to do I can't change the price." well he clearly doesn't give a sh*t and giving me a lot of attitude while saying that and just gives store credit. This place is a joke... the customer service was the WORST I have ever had from a parts place. All they want is your money, I HIGHLY recommend NOT ever going to this place. I understand the products are different but a few bucks to have a happy customer after screwing up shouldn't be such a big deal.

My Ride
    2.4L DC5 Turbo/W208

They are even worse to deal with from Wholesale.

they think they can treat people like shit cuz they are the only ones in town that are distributors with some particular brands

But on a side note; Mopac Vancouver is very nice to deal with.
    (they have to compete with lordco)

I feel like its more of a staffing and management problem; company is great.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

It's really a pain in the ass unless you know exactly what you want and need it right away and can't wait for an internet order.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Dylan those guys are awful, they made fun of my car once when I was younger, so I went and spent my money elsewhere.

My Ride
    Trucks

Somebody needs to grow a set.

Mopac in Calgary is THE WORST and always has been lol, nothing has changed in years. When it comes to customers, they are rude, short, ignorant, and mostly uninterested in serving you whatsoever. Now that's all if the vehicle you're requesting parts for is a domestic, import car? Good luck. I know that's a blanket statement but I've been going there for years, and have been treated that way, witnessed others treated that way, and heard stories from others.

Their prices on most stuff is insane.

With all that why do I find myself there? I don't anymore, at least not much, They sell Redline Synthetic products so from time to time I peak in to grab a bottle of this or that. As a general practice I avoid Mopac Auto Supply like the plague, which is ironic because that's how I feel I'm treated when I walk in their door.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Never had a problem with them.

When I dealt with them for wholesale stuff they were good as well.

Sorry for the shitty experience I guess

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Prices suck, but i usually find the guys to be friendly. I usually know what i want tho, so i dont rely on their "expertese"

My Ride
    FAT tires

Ha... I like when i get their "expertise" when i order by part number. I had an argument over oil coolers a while back because the parts guy basically refused to order what i asked for by part number. He apparently knew better than i did without even knowing my application. It shocks me that they ate still in business sometimes.

My Ride
    G37X

I love how they don't display prices on anything and try and charge more then list price for automotive books! I'm surprised this dinosaur (Mopac) hasn't gone extinct what with their piss poor customer service and the cost savings of the internet.

Prob old white trash guys who don't trust the internetz keeping them in business!

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

The last few times I've gone I haven't really had any issues with service or attitude, in fact the last time I went the guy was actually pretty helpful. Just FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not tell them it's for an import.

Years ago when I lived in Calgary the first time around, the place was brutal. I think it's just learning how to manipulate them into getting what you want without a fight lol. They certainly have a very poor reputation, and it is definitely earned.

On the flipside, the Mopac in Vancouver was fantastic. Guys were helpful and knowledgeable.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

They are extremely rude to newbies, even to those in the industry with performance questions.

They follow zero rules when it comes to costumer service, and they will always be held back by that.

There are tons of alternatives and these guys need to fail sooner than later.

My Ride

Have to be pretty desperate to go to Mopac these days. Tried ordering a Canton road race pan from them; 80$ more than summit, and summit could ship < a week. Mopac was 4 to ??? weeks plus they wanted me to pay for shipping.

EM1FTW is offline I'm a fag because only fags love Hondas
    My Ride
    EM1 yo!

only time i ever shop at mopac is when i need AN fittings NOW, even then, some of the guys are very hard to deal with.
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Kinda like this morning when I wanted to tell my GF to pass the sugar and it came out "You fucking bitch, you've ruined my life."

Originally posted by Anomaly
    Have to be pretty desperate to go to Mopac
    This!

They are absolutely, positively, my last resort, even then the dialogue in my own head is hilarious. "Are you sure you need that? You can't go without it for a bit? You've tried every other option? Maybe Steve has one, give him a shout! Steve doesn't have one, fuck! off to Mopac"

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by EM1FTW
    only time i ever shop at mopac is when i need AN fittings NOW, even then, some of the guys are very hard to deal with.
    JB's power center has a wide selection fyi.

Found myself going there lately.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by 89s1

JB's power center has a wide selection fyi.

Found myself going there lately.
    This is good information. Need a thread stating the availability of motorsports/performance parts like this. Preferably at non-speed shop prices.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Maybe it's just the stuff I've needed but Mopac's pricing has been cheaper than Summit. I only go when I have part numbers so they don't have to do much.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Summit doesn't snort and shake its head when I place a part in my basket. I'd rather pay more with duty than deal with those retards.

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

I have to say I've had very similar experiences there. I've been in a few times and in all honesty they just seem like any customer that walks through the door is a major pain in the ass.

Must be a front for something because I can't fathom how such an overwhelmingly rude RETAIL store can stay in business otherwise.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast