Quantcast
Mopac Auto Supply Reveiw. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mopac Auto Supply Reveiw.

courtX, let me get this straight you demanded a discount, and youre pissy you didn't get it?

yup, seems right on the money, there seems to be a ton of people willing to bite these guys heads off for little or no reason so i can't blame them for being short tempered with dealing with hostile customers.

there is one guy there that's a dick and i just don't deal with him. can't remember his name though.

I however. haven't had any problem with these guys. even went in there with a half ass sketch of the fuel system i needed and what i already had and Kevin had no problem helping me out for well over an hour. yeah sometimes they're busy, somethings i've found cheaper else where. but really i've had no reason to believe these guys are the worst.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Originally posted by syritis
    courtX, let me get this straight you demanded a discount, and youre pissy you didn't get it?

Wrong. If reading fails me, they gave him the wrong air filter.

Ray

mopac is to cars, what blackfoot is to bikes

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I bought a walbro from them last summer and I looked up the part number on the pump and it was actually a 190lph. Box says 255. Took it back and it took a fucking hour of the guy calling people and looking shit up before he exchanged it for a "real" 255lph pump.

Bet you five bucks they're still selling 190lph pumps as 255s.

EDIT: Bad memory. Here's my post from last year.
    I looked up the part number and it was actually a 155lph pump and not a 190lph pump. So after humming and haw'ing for 40 minutes and looking up part numbers and calling a bunch of people, they finally agreed they screwed up and let me upgrade to the 255lph pump by paying the difference, which was like 15 bucks. All their "190" lph pumps are actually 155 lph if you look up the part number.
    Last edited by Sentry; 07-03-2013 at 06:46 AM.

My Ride
    is wild

Last time I was there I needed a pile of an fittings and hose. They have to hold your hand while you find the fittings, then they cut me the wrong type of hose. Drove home and by the time I figured out I have the wrong hose it was late. Went back the next day and had to remain calm during the explaination of why I wasnt going to accept being unable to return the hose...eventually common sense won out.

Never really had a problem with them, but you always need to know exactly what you want. For me its almost always just misc an stuff.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    AW10

Originally posted by syritis

yup, seems right on the money, there seems to be a ton of people willing to bite these guys heads off for little or no reason so i can't blame them for being short tempered with dealing with hostile customers.

there is one guy there that's a dick and i just don't deal with him. can't remember his name though.

I however. haven't had any problem with these guys. even went in there with a half ass sketch of the fuel system i needed and what i already had and Kevin had no problem helping me out for well over an hour. yeah sometimes they're busy, somethings i've found cheaper else where. but really i've had no reason to believe these guys are the worst.

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT!

They gave him the wrong part.. and he had to drive to return the item and they wanted more money. (For a re-stock fee) even though they fucked up his order. He asked for a discount because he had to drive around town, waste gas, waste time, for a part that they messed up on!.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Originally posted by fiveowed
    mopac is to cars, what blackfoot is to bikes
    So true. Blackfoot is the worst.

I have no problem paying retail. Just don't mark up all your Dainese products 25% over retail to gouge customers you fucks.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

This type of thing is why I don't buy local anymore. Why would I pay more than US prices for shitty service and bullshit wait times. There is a reason why the automotive places in town are few and far between, and it's not because no one is buying.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Went in there once to grab a helmet because it was close by. They had the same bullshit shitty attitude that the Subaru dealership parts department people have, almost seem annoyed that you're there. Kinda sad that they still get away with it because people out there don't know about online and just go in there and get abused thinking its the only option.

Originally posted by Kramerica
    almost seem annoyed that you're there.
    Yup I always got the impression that selling me something was an inconvenience for them.

My Ride
    Nothing

I've never had a problem, but then again I go in knowing exactly what I need.

Pricing is about on-par with Summit once you factor in shipping, customs and exchange, at least on what I buy.

I'm just happy for stainless and startlite hose they only use aeroquip and didn't change it to their crappy "house brand". That would piss me off to no end.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Better than the retards at part source, i have gotten the wrong parts 5 times on 4 occasions from part source, this is at the Mcknight location twice, the 17SE location, and the 17SW location. I will never return to that chain.

A couple years ago i found the staff very helpful at the mcknight one, which is why i gave them a second chance after they gave me the wrong part the first time.

Last time at the mcknight one the guy tried to tell me EK civics only came with one engine.

If you work at part source and read this, i don't know if it's your computer system, your lax hiring process, or some kind of air conditioning malfunction killing your brain cells, but you need to fix your shit sharpish.

As for mopac i only shopped there once i can't remember what i bought either, it was a pretty neutral experience.

My Ride
    Ferrari

I've been to Mopac a couple times for custom application air filters (Couple different cone filters for my cars and quads). It was a neutral experience. I told the guy the dimensions I needed and he found the closest match or exact match and I was happy with the results.

Too Crowded. Parking sucks. Don't tell them you have an import.

That new place on barlow and mcknight beat mopac's prices by a long shot on a fuel pump, regulator and wideband a couple weeks ago.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I've never had an issue with them ever.
    Now parts source especially on McKnight ?
    Completely different story 0 for 4 and on simple
    Shit like brake rotors x 2 , pads, serp belt.. One stupid
    Fak asked me if I was sure If I knew the year and was sure of the
    Engine size,,... Ah ya buddy.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Originally posted by sidewaysD

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT!

They gave him the wrong part.. and he had to drive to return the item and they wanted more money. (For a re-stock fee) even though they fucked up his order. He asked for a discount because he had to drive around town, waste gas, waste time, for a part that they messed up on!.
    funny that, when i bought the K&N replacement for the OE filter. I was given the wrong filter. when i compared my filter and the K&N filter in their parking lot i went back in a showed them. just a few minutes i had the right filter in my hand and i was only asked to cover the difference in price, no restocking fee.
    does kinda suck when that happens but if you think they're going to pay for you time then they have many other customer that they can serve that aren't whining.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

Originally posted by snowcat

So true. Blackfoot is the worst.

I have no problem paying retail. Just don't mark up all your Dainese products 25% over retail to gouge customers you fucks.
    I dealt with Blackfoot this spring for some repairs. They were fast efficient and friendly in the service department.

Mopac on the other hand has been unhelpful, unfriendly and even rude.
    Last edited by D. Dub; 07-04-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Yes. Don't say import. Know what you want. One old guy is crotchety. I keep remembering things to buy and make him look gay stuff up. 4" fart cans. and warm air intakes. Drives him nuts
    ----------------------------------

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by gamman
    Yes. Don't say import. Know what you want. One old guy is crotchety. I keep remembering things to buy and make him look gay stuff up. 4" fart cans. and warm air intakes. Drives him nuts
    Hahah, have him build a big price quote of ricey shit and then go "I'll have to think about it"

I didn't "demand" a discount I just calmly asked, since it was their screw up, if it was possible. Then the rep responds with "well what do you want me to do about it?? you either buy it or I give you store credit." They sold me the wrong part and wouldn't give me my money back so they force me to keep spending in their store. When I get pissy sales people and encounter policies where they basically steal my money and force me to buy more things I am going to complain about it.

However I did get a hold of somebody from their website that works in Edmonton and did get my cash back after waiting around in the Calgary store for 20 - 30 mins again.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Ah, i see nothing has changed since last time i was there 6-7yrs ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast