Quantcast
Clicking in left shoulder - injured rotator cuff or scar tissue? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clicking in left shoulder - injured rotator cuff or scar tissue?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Tej.S

If you want to up it another level, get lacrosse balls instead. It'll put you in a world of pain, but I guarantee it will help. Oh and an easier way to make the peanut like he did in the video is to just put the two balls in to a sock and tie off the top lol. Use a thin sock if you're hardcore or a thick one if you can't handle the pain haha.
    Looks like I'll make two for tomorrow haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
    You have a weak back. I was having tons of shoulder issues, started working my back, (bent over barbell row, seated row, cable standing rear delt row, etc.) and now I never feel my shoulders anymore.

Most people go to the gym and work legs, chest, arms, shoulders, but completely ignore their back. Once you start working your back, you will be able to lift way heavier shit and your existing pain/new injuries will go down dramatically.
    I don't think it's a weak back. Like I said before, back workouts are a regular part of my regimen and the problem is not in both shoulders, just the left which is compounded by an old sliced hand injury.

I have an deep massage appointment soon so I'll keep you guys posted!

I am also going to try using a wrist strap to help with my left grip since my left pinky is pretty useless .

My Ride
    USE20

Don't underestimate shoulder pain or injury...even if it is minor.

Mine started with the grinding and clicking from a previous lacrosse injury....2 years later I found myself under the knife twice because I neglected it. I started having severe pain while sleeping on my left side.

I ended up tearing my rotator cuff (2/4 tendons), I had bone shaved off my humerus which was impeding the movement (grinding/clicking - fairly painful). Recovery was very painful as well.

Since I neglected the initial injury and being under 30 I assumed what everyone else my age does, and played Mr. Invincible which landed me under the knife the second time with a SLAP tear 9 months later.

And to think it alll started with what the OP describes as a "grinding/clicking"...relatively painless at first but as I continued.....

Pull your arm in and out, up and down. If there's play you need a new ball joint
    dv/dt

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Bump.

So, I thought I'd give you guys an update. I've been going to the chiropractor since December 2013. After doing some tests and finally getting a specialized ultrasound, we found that there's a complete blood flow blockage with my hands and neck in certain positions. We've narrowed down the cause to this:

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

It's characterized by the impingement or compression of the neurovascular bundle which includes the subclavian artery and brachial plexus.

It is pretty consistent with my symptoms: numbness, weakness, coldness in 4th/5th digit, etc., and it seems to have been exacerbated by forward rolling shoulders as a result of posture and overactivity in the chest.

The massage therapist says the clicking in my shoulder is because of a shift where my clavicle hits a bone in the shoulder (couldn't quite remember everything she said).

From here on, it's a long process because the myelin sheath in my nerves have been worn down over the years, so it will take a long time of not aggravating them and allowing them to heal. At this point in time, I've been recommended to refrain from any upper body exercises, so it's pretty much leg day every other day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2