Quantcast
Suggest A Good Tattoo Shop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggest A Good Tattoo Shop

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Default Suggest A Good Tattoo Shop

Please don't tell me about your friend working out of your basement.

I need someone that can do a quick 1 hour job, is very good and can do it in the next 7-10 days.

Specifically it is small angel wings with a halo or maybe couple of small stars.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    93 integra

big johnson ink, enso tattoo, heroes and villains and ghost town are all very good.

Any of those will be able to help you.

Most really good Tattoo artist in Calgary are booked at leasta few mmonths out. If you can get in with a tattoo artist in the next few days than either they are new or suck. Honestly when it comes to getting your tattoo I can't imagine a scenario that would take you to absolutely have it asap. It's a big decision so take your time.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

If you are willing to drive up to Red deer, Classic tattoo is an awesome shop with some great artists (Lucas Ford, Ryan Gagne, Shawn Hedley and more), and the best part is, they only do walk in tattoo's on Saturdays... You have to get there pretty early because the spots fill quick but it is great for people looking to get solid, quick tattoo's without an appointment. They are one of the few shops who do this! Old school...

http://classictattoo.ca/home.html

My Ride
    MDX

Strange world tattoo in Dalhousie is great too. I sat with Rick Wilson for my most recent work.

I should add that he is wait listed through to 2014. They have 6 artists on site most days.
    Last edited by jdmakkord; 07-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Most really good Tattoo artist in Calgary are booked at leasta few mmonths out. If you can get in with a tattoo artist in the next few days than either they are new or suck. Honestly when it comes to getting your tattoo I can't imagine a scenario that would take you to absolutely have it asap. It's a big decision so take your time.
    This is not true at all, there's tons of fantastic artists in Calgary and some of them just don't like to book themselves way in advance.

Moose from Calgary Tattoo Co. is IMO on of the best in Calgary, He can probably get you in. Ryan Krebs works there too, he's awesome and can maybe get you in.

Another guy who hates booking way in advance is Dave Price from Ultramagnetic. He's a great guy and a great artist.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by ddduke

This is not true at all, there's tons of fantastic artists in Calgary and some of them just don't like to book themselves way in advance.

Moose from Calgary Tattoo Co. is IMO on of the best in Calgary, He can probably get you in. Ryan Krebs works there too, he's awesome and can maybe get you in.

Another guy who hates booking way in advance is Dave Price from Ultramagnetic. He's a great guy and a great artist.
    I think it is true. The top tier artists in Calgary will have a huge wait list or not take any appointments at all.

James Tex is booked up the ying yang and the same can be said for Heather Mclean. They are IMO the best in Calgary. That said, every artist focuses on something and they cant be the best at everything.

To the OP, it seems like your looking for something super simple but remember tattoos are forever.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Kyle Staub @ Honor Bound Tattoos since he just opened the shop has openings. And Andrew Graham who is a co owner just has moved across country, so he has openings and he is amazing as well.

https://www.facebook.com/HonorBoundTattoos?fref=ts

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by kvg
    Kyle Staub @ Honor Bound Tattoos since he just opened the shop has openings. And Andrew Graham who is a co owner just has moved across country, so he has openings and he is amazing as well.

https://www.facebook.com/HonorBoundTattoos?fref=ts
    thanks for mentioning this shop. Seems like they have amazing artists from checking their fb page. Will definitely be going there for a piece soon.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

I think it is true. The top tier artists in Calgary will have a huge wait list or not take any appointments at all.

James Tex is booked up the ying yang and the same can be said for Heather Mclean. They are IMO the best in Calgary. That said, every artist focuses on something and they cant be the best at everything.

To the OP, it seems like your looking for something super simple but remember tattoos are forever.
    What I was getting at is that there are tons of artists that are of the same caliber as James Tex or Doug Fink that you don't have to wait for. Scotty Mclean and Kyle Kirkland are Just as good as James and Doug but they don't book 18 months in advance. There's too much ego in the tattoo world and too many stupid people that get one piece at "Calgary's best shop" then tell every one they know to go there and only there which just pumps these guys tires even more.

I have over 200 hours worth of work on me and have been to damn near every good shop in Calgary (and some bad ones too) and just because a tattoo doesn't come from Smiling Buddha or Bushido does not make it any less good. There's at least 30 amazing artists in Calgary that tons of people don't even know about, Look at Immaculate Concept, they have a handful of great artists that no one hears about.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

I just sent Kyle a message, he is booked until November but as KVG mentioned Andrew will be able to book people sooner. Honor Bound has some of the best tattoo artist right now, also check out Anthony Tex at Deadly I'm pretty impressed with his stuff as well and on his Instagram he usually lets people know if he has availability.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Thanks everyone. I really pushed to get Hedley to do it because he did myself and my brother and this piece is for my mom's first tattoo. It would have been nice to have him do all three of us. I phoned his shop in Red Deer but he's booked up for weeks and the only drop in day was last Saturday. Even though I called prior to Saturday, you had to be there lined up before 7am in order to be guaranteed to get in and they don't open until 10. I couldn't get my mom up at 5am to wait all day for her tattoo. I appreciate all the help, I'll have to get someone back home to do it.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    CBR 929

I haven't found many tattoo artists here that are at the same level as some in the US and in Europe... at least not for portrait style or other unique style tattoos. Seems like everyone these days is doing all Japanese work.

Trying to get an appt with someone who is doing a guest spot in the US and usually works in Europe but she is so damn bad at replying to emails it makes me a little nervous to book flights and hotel to get a tattoo with her.

Other shop I was looking at is in Detroit, which probably isn't the most fun city to spend a weekend in either.......

[url]

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by bignerd
    I haven't found many tattoo artists here that are at the same level as some in the US and in Europe... at least not for portrait style or other unique style tattoos. Seems like everyone these days is doing all Japanese work.

Trying to get an appt with someone who is doing a guest spot in the US and usually works in Europe but she is so damn bad at replying to emails it makes me a little nervous to book flights and hotel to get a tattoo with her.

Other shop I was looking at is in Detroit, which probably isn't the most fun city to spend a weekend in either.......
    I agree with this. I have been talking to an artist in budapest to do a piece for me in memory of my dad. The work in europe is on an entire other level than most if not all in north america.

I went in too enso and they quoted me $250-300 for some lettering I want down my right shin. They said that it should not take much longer than an hour and a half. Is that pretty pricey

Originally posted by rollinv4l
    I went in too enso and they quoted me $250-300 for some lettering I want down my right shin. They said that it should not take much longer than an hour and a half. Is that pretty pricey
    200 an hour if it takes them 1.5 hours for 300.

IMO that's a little pricey. Which artist is that?

I don't even think Brett Schwdint and James Tex charges that

My Ride
    RSTi

The only time I've seen prices that high is when I've been sitting in the chair and someone comes in with a tattoo that the artist has no interest in doing.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by GQBalla

200 an hour if it takes them 1.5 hours for 300.

IMO that's a little pricey. Which artist is that?

I don't even think Brett Schwdint and James Tex charges that
    Tex is up to $200 now.

Originally posted by stevieo

Tex is up to $200 now.
    damn, just keeps going up and up

Last time i went to Brett Schwindt he was 185 while everyone was still 150.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Spending $225 an hr in LA in September for an artist from Europe doing a guest spot.

[url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast