Quantcast
Rate your insurance company - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rate your insurance company

My Ride
    something green

Default Rate your insurance company

I am looking at changing my insurance company due to some pretty poor service over the last year.
    My broker is decent, but the actual insurance company has been hard to deal with.
    I would like to hear good and bad , price isnt real important as I know I am paying more than I could be be paying now.
    I am after info like:
    Speed of claims handling
    Adjusters being reasonable with claims
    In house or contracted adjusters.
    Dispute resolution
    Insurance company's relationship with contractors for repairs.
    I think my Broker only deals one product, so I will end up having to change brokers to.
    Too loud for Aspen

Alberta Motor Association auto and home insurance - been with them since 1981 on vehicles, since 1991 on home, 1979-1991 on renter insurance.

Deal direct with insurance company - no brokers. One thing of note - it's been our experience that any rep we've dealt with at AMA has explained the pro's and con's of following through with a claim.

Speed of claims - very satisfied regardless of what type of claim and have had accident, theft, vandalism and hail claims.

Combination on in-house and contracted adjusters - both have been excellent with respect to any claim we have made over the years. The August 2012 hail storm - both vehicles assessed within 1 week, one fully repaired 2 weeks after the storm and the second 3.5 weeks after. House was assessed within a month and repairs will happen this month - mostly due to the amount of claims needing to be processed plus we didn't want the house being repaired during the winter. Got way more in damage assessment then we were expecting

Disputed resolution with insurance company - none, always met or exceeded what we expected. Had one instance where we had our El Camino in being repainted due to someone rear ending it - whole car had to be repainted due to custom paint color, AMA approved body shop missed one painted metal piece between bumper and grill and didn't want to repaint that piece due to amount of work/time involved car - quick call to AMA had auto body shop change it's mind within 10 minutes.

Over the years have listened to neighbors complain about their insurance providers with respect to claims or rates or what not and can honestly say we've never had any complaints about AMA Insurance and how they've treated us in the 32+ years we've been with them.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    is wild

Max,

You probably already heard this from Erik but I am with All State and can say nothing but good about them.

House last year got hail damage, roof and a bit of siding. Estimator came out right away, new roof which All State warranties for life and new siding. No questions or arguments. Replaced our hot tub cover as well. All vehicles were appraised and paid out.

I have never had to deal with them previously but I now believe the " you're in good hands " advertising

Also had a couple of car related issues, wife got hit in our 3/4 diesel by an old woman in town how pulled out from a stop sign and hit the rear end behind the back wheel...claims the wife must have been speeding as she didnt see her...lol maybe time for new glasses...

They were quick to help settle that for us as well as some dumbass in Calgary that rear ended our horse trailer at a light because he had to cut in front of a semi. Semi got it all on video which he provided to our insurance. Guy's lucky he didnt injure the horse on board, big dollar animal.

Been with them for years and have had many other companies offers but none have been less money.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Who is your insurance company?
    Insurance Pro

Wawanesa -

I waited over a year to get reimbursed for damage caused to my vehicle from an uninsured driver. I had full coverage.

Fast forward 3 years, no incidents, no changes to policy; after 3 drops in premiums, I get an update with a 113.4% increase.

Do not recommend.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Johnson Ins - Unifund Assurance

Roof - replaced twice, once 4 years ago from wind damage, second time last year's hail. No problem what so ever.

Vehicle - 2 not a fault claims on two different vehicles, I could pick any bodyshop and rental car while its in the shop

- 2 claims on hail damage on 2 diff vehicles, one is written off with a very very good payout, the other we boughtback and still got a very good payout. For the one that's so damaged it couldnt be driven, they sent someone over within days and I got the cheque a week later.

Nothing but good things to say about them. Claims are quick and premium is reasonable

My Ride
    Stuff

I'm with Intact, I use Ray Tsui as a broker (He's amazing), my car claim went so easy, I got to choose my paint shop (Dan at Screamin' Paintworks, also amazing) and they handled everything perfectly.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I am with Darren/Bill @ Touchstone Insurance. Insured with Aviva.

Before I was using TD Melonche Monnex for insurance. Got rear ended. The claim was a pain in the ass because of the adjuster. Whenever I had questions, he would get mad at me and said he explained everything the first time he called. Wouldn't give me a rental to drive for the week. Said he noticed I had another vehicle insured on my policy and to drive that instead of a rental.

Was with them for 4 years prior to accident. Once my car was fixed, and claim was paid, I cancelled and jumped over to Touchstone.

Haven't had any claim with Touchstone yet but so far the communication/advice and knowledge and how fast they respond to my questions/concerns is top notch. As well, its nice to actually deal with somebody local vs calling an adjuster who doesn't speak english.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

td sucks. Switching asap.

TD Meloche Monnex was horrible.

I've been with them for 10+ years both home and full auto coverage.

Last year we were rear ended and the experienced nothing but grief from their customer service.

In general, they treated us as we were the culprits and not the victims. One would expect their insurance company would assist and tell you how to go through such ordeal for the very first time (as this was our first not at fault situation) but they didn't seem to care. Basically, stating that it's our responsibility to find out what to do and tell them how to they can assist.

Regardless, in the end after pulling teeth to close the claim, they had the nerve to raise my premium when it was deemed not at fault. My driving record has been clean.

I contacted them when I received my renewal and they kept mentioning it's because of the claim for being rear ended. I mentioned this was a NOT AT FAULT claim and why would I be penalized for it.

After calling another agent they looked into it further and noticed that the claim was stated at being at fault. They corrected it and I replied no thanks for renewal.

One other beyonder mentioned this had this happen to them as well in another thread so be careful to check on your premium renewal when you're involved in a not a fault claim.

There's a reason why they have offer low premiums; it's because when you need help, they won't help or make it extremely difficult to help.

Anyways, long story short, good riddance forever to TD Meloche Monnex and went to Allstate; several other friends ditched them as well after hearing experiences from others and myself.

My Ride
    Trucks

My insurance, I don't bother them and they don't bother me. Perfect relationship, and I can't even recall who they are.

My Ride
    NC1

Been with Statefarm for over 10 years now.

1 at fault auto claim.
    1 non at fault auto claim.
    1 house break in claim.

Quick service all the way around for everything. I am pretty sure I pay a premium vs other insurance places but loyalty with them I will not switch.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    something green

So stay away from TD MM... I will shop my various policies to the companies that got the thumbs up so far.
    For my current situation, I will see how it boils out tomorrow. I was told I would have a reply regarding my claim by Monday. I am giving them till 5 pm Monday as a deadline, if nothing I am pulling the plug on them and hiring a lawyer.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Foz

I contacted them when I received my renewal and they kept mentioning it's because of the claim for being rear ended. I mentioned this was a NOT AT FAULT claim and why would I be penalized for it.

After calling another agent they looked into it further and noticed that the claim was stated at being at fault. They corrected it and I replied no thanks for renewal.

They did the exact same thing to me. I got rear ended. The other driver admitted and confessed it. And I got a letter in the mail with information about my AT FAULT claim.

Thats the reason why I switched.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have had nothing but helpful interactons with TDMM. Iv'e had four auto claims (one at fault, one not at fault colision, and two hail) and they were easy to deal with every time. They were also easy to deal with when the wind ripped some shingles off my house roof.

maybe my expectations are low, but they've met them every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

TDMM no complaints, one hail claim, fixed quickly and good communication, my rates keep dropping too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

never get hit by someone insured by wawanesa...

such a piss poor company. got hit on may 2nd, last tuesday i FINALLY got the paperwork to sign to write off my bike. no confirmation that a cheque has been mailed. if it has it hasnt got to me yet.

then the gear gets handled through the personal injury side for whatever reason. i met with the agent, showed her everything. she took pics and told me to send links for replacements.

tells me they will be repairing my phone and watch instead of replacing them. asks me to get quotes. i again do all the fucking legwork, sent her everything on the 17th of last month. now i cant get a hold of her, doesnt respond to emails... etc, etc

oh, and my case got passed to 7, yes SEVEN different agents...

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Same thing here with TDMM
    maybe its hit or miss but I have 2 properties and a car with them.
    Always helpful when I call in, never had the attitude that previous users have mentioned. I'm happy with them