Quantcast
Fit4Less reviews or experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fit4Less reviews or experience?

My Ride
    '99 Honda Civic SI

Default Fit4Less reviews or experience?

Anyone a member of, or been to the Fit4Less on McLeod Trail (near Southland)?

Just curious as to how busy it is. For those who don't know its a gym where you can pay $10 dues per month. Supposed to be pretty basic equipment, no towel service, etc..

Just curious if anyone can weigh in on what its like there. Am interested as I don't want to dump $50+ per month plus get locked into a contract.

I know its not a "real" gym or anything, just looking for first hand experience with it though.

My Ride
    TDi

try it out for a month? its only $10
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    wrx wagon

BUMP

Thinking of joining this gym, anyone have any experience there?

My Ride
    VAG products

My buddy works out there,

Says its ghetto, but awesome cause it has most things required for a good work out and is never ever busy.

My Ride
    Lease

I'm a member.

For $10-20/month (pending level), it's still a lot better than majority basement home gyms.

My views are:

Good points:

- 24 hour access
    - Same MAJOR equipment you see at more pricey gyms
    - Good parking during non-peak hours, the strip mall has other good stores blue collar people usually go to
    - Inspiring that not everyone is in perfect shape, there's always someone worst shape than you there (not judging)

Bad points:

- Personal training not avalaible, and they post signs saying no personal training (i.e. I'm guessing can't even hire someone who's a member to train you)
    - Lack of change area (they have retail clothing store like change rooms, gets busy during peak times, no issue during summer if you're changed; winter gets annoying)
    - No showers
    - No water fountain/proper drinking water available (I don't count bathroom tabs)
    - Poor parking during peak hours
    - Because of the low price range, expect the 17-25yo know it all walking around "owning" the place

My Ride
    BMW X5

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Bad points:

- Personal training not avalaible, and they post signs saying no personal training (i.e. I'm guessing can't even hire someone who's a member to train you)
    - Lack of change area (they have retail clothing store like change rooms, gets busy during peak times, no issue during summer if you're changed; winter gets annoying)
    - No showers
    - No water fountain/proper drinking water available (I don't count bathroom tabs)
    - Because of the low price range, expect the 17-25yo know it all walking around "owning" the place
    I paid $157 for a year since you have to pay activation and card fees, etc. It's $10 a month for basic membership and $20 a month for one that includes free tanning I think. I don't tan so just did the basic one. I think it's a great gym for the money. I don't see how it's ghetto AT ALL. Everything is brand new and in good shape. Has everything you need for the most part.

Another downside is that dumbbells only go to 75lbs so if that day I need heavier, I go to Talisman.

The lack of water fountains is what I hate the most but have gotten used to it. BRING WATER WITH YOU! They sell drinks there but seem to try to make up for the cheap membership. A Powerade for example is like $5 haha.

They are offering personal training now - last few times I was there I saw them.

Not very busy - especially since New Years Resolutions are dying down.

As far as people with attitude that Tomco is referring to, it's way worse at Talisman, Goodlife (Airdrie and Downtown at least), etc. Though I may be one of the people Tomco thinks that about

My Ride
    Lease

I prepaid the $250 for the $20/month (no setup fee)

(answering some of Anton's points), the $20/month gets you

- half price for their water/powerade. ($0.50 bottle water, $2 Powerade; with the half price)

- free use of tanning beds and massage chairs during staff hours

- free t-shirt and gym bag.

Haha, haven't been there for a while didn't know they got training available. I'm sure you're a chill dude Anton, I've had good experiences in my younger years at WHC on Southport road, and Gold's on Canyon Meadows.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Thanks for posting Tomco. I'm not too interested in personal training, 75lb+ dumb-bells, or showers, so I think this will work for me. Lack of water fountain kind of sucks but I think I could deal with it.

Currently working out at Southland Leisure Center so I don't think the parking could be much worse, or the attitudes lol (there was literally a fist-fight there yesterday ).

Just wondering, were you able to pay the entire cost up front (on credit card/cash) or did you have to give them your banking info and setup monthly payments? Not too keen on giving any gym my banking info after hearing about all the people getting scammed by Gold's.

My Ride
    stays in the far right lane

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    I'm a member.

For $10-20/month (pending level), it's still a lot better than majority basement home gyms.

My views are:

Good points:

- 24 hour access
    - Same MAJOR equipment you see at more pricey gyms
    - Good parking during non-peak hours, the strip mall has other good stores blue collar people usually go to
    - Inspiring that not everyone is in perfect shape, there's always someone worst shape than you there (not judging)

Bad points:

- No showers
    Tomco pretty much nailed it on the head.

I'm a member as well.

Peak hours are usually from 3pm-8pm, where the weight area is mainly occupied. Only seen people bickering about weights needing to be reset but other than that everyone has been pretty friendly. Some members of the staff also help spot if anyone needs it.

Originally posted by a social dsease
    Just wondering, were you able to pay the entire cost up front (on credit card/cash) or did you have to give them your banking info and setup monthly payments? Not too keen on giving any gym my banking info after hearing about all the people getting scammed by Gold's.
    You can pay the whole membership on credit card/cash or set up pre authorized bi-weekly payments through your chequing account.
    Last edited by pockett; 03-05-2014 at 02:29 PM.