Quantcast
Front loading washer and dryer recommendation? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Front loading washer and dryer recommendation?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    If you've got problems with slight bending over for the occasional laundry load, then you probably shouldn't be alive.
    Holy fuck, chill bro.

I like top-loaders because you can soak overnight.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

most front loads have optional stands to bring them off the ground, you can also stack them to save floor space too

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ercchry
    most front loads have optional stands to bring them off the ground, you can also stack them to save floor space too
    Possibly the only reason why I'd consider a front-loader.

Originally posted by flipstah

Holy fuck, chill bro.

I like top-loaders because you can soak overnight.
    If you've got problems with slight bending over for the occasional laundry load, then you probably shouldn't be alive.
    If you've got problems with slight bending over for the occasional laundry load, and having to soak clothes overnight, then you probably shouldn't be alive.

Fixed lol.

My Ride
    Exploded.

If you've got problems with slight bending over for the occasional laundry load, and having to soak clothes overnight, then you probably shouldn't be alive.

Fixed lol.
    Bwhahaha fucker.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Do you guys really find the pedestals helpful? I thought about buying a pair. Is there more vibration than straight on the floor, or less?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Bump this thread.

Looking for a set during boxing week sale. Anyone know the best deal going right now?

with all the "boxing day week" sales strating today or tomorrow, is there any reason to shop on actual boxing day?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

I heard Lowes will be having a Samsung pair for around $1200.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I heard Lowes will be having a Samsung pair for around $1200.
    There is one, I am looking for a set as well for parents. Can the full sized ones be stacked as well? They need a special kit to do that or how does it all work. Never had a need for one until my parents bought a new place, and stacking would save a ton of space in their small basement.

Originally posted by eblend

There is one, I am looking for a set as well for parents. Can the full sized ones be stacked as well? They need a special kit to do that or how does it all work. Never had a need for one until my parents bought a new place, and stacking would save a ton of space in their small basement.

I just had that pair delivered to my house two weeks ago. So far, they have worked awesome! Some great steam settings too - comes with all required hoses and a splitter. As far as I can see, they aren't stackable without some kind of add-on. No pedestals - I agree with the other poster - if you can't bend over to do your laundry you have issues; and unless you are really good at balancing shit, you're asking for some crazy vibration/walking with those pedestals.

Leons was $1299 delivered. Same price as Sears, Home Depot, and Futureshop without delivery.

I'm not aware of any that aren't stackable, and in most cases, you'll have to buy the stacking kit separately.

Here's the pair at Lowes (page 6).

http://www.lowes.ca/flyer/

This is what I bought on Black Friday from Leon's.

Still on sale at Futureshop - pretty solid reviews.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...cb30b29776en02

My Ride

Originally posted by Env-Consultant

I just had that pair delivered to my house two weeks ago. So far, they have worked awesome! Some great steam settings too - comes with all required hoses and a splitter. As far as I can see, they aren't stackable without some kind of add-on. No pedestals - I agree with the other poster - if you can't bend over to do your laundry you have issues; and unless you are really good at balancing shit, you're asking for some crazy vibration/walking with those pedestals.

Leons was $1299 delivered. Same price as Sears, Home Depot, and Futureshop without delivery.
    Think my parents going to pickup this set tomorrow. On the site it says they are stackable and I found a staking kit, which is just a metal plate to keep them two attached.

When they stack...what prevents one from scratching the paint off the other, some rubber feet or something?

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Anyone eyeing other models, like the one step up for $1696? This one is $1000 off right now.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

Home Depot has that LG Pair for $1050

My Ride

Anyone know where to get an LG stacking kit KSTK1 that isn't $70 for 3 pieces of metal. They sell for like $35-$40 in the states

Anyone know where to get an LG stacking kit KSTK1 that isn't $70 for 3 pieces of metal. They sell for like $35-$40 in the states
    They gave me mine for $30 when I bough the pair at Home Depot. They also delivered for free and took away my old washer for free.

Originally posted by Wrinkly
    Can't comment on other brands mentioned here because I've no experience of them (except for the old school Hotpoint pair I had previously).

Eight years ago I purchased a Miele pair. Expensive but well worth it IMO, never a single problem (until recently, a slight intermittent leak from the washer, but after eight years trouble free, i think thats more than reasonable). They've suffered VERY heavy usage, too! Gotta love that German engineering
    We purchased a Miele washer and dryer about 5 years ago and has been totally trouble free. It even came with a 10-year warranty.

A few weeks ago, we noticed a crack on the plastic covering the instrument panel which we thought was due to the flooring people damaging while moving it around. We called Miele and they sent a service guy out. He looked at the crack and said it was no problem to replace. Did that at no cost and even re-levelled the washer when we said it sounded funny when spinning. Would recommend it heartily.

Funny thing was that we bought it only because it was the only front load washer that opened to the right and the dryer to the left. That was the only logical way it would work based on our laundry room layout.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

They gave me mine for $30 when I bough the pair at Home Depot. They also delivered for free and took away my old washer for free.
    Son of a bitch haha, my dad and I loaded ours into the van and took them away....the lady there was useless, didn't even know what we were talking about. I want to find one but unwilling to pay $70 for it..yet, don't need washer and drier for a few weeks still.

Looking for a top loading washer (and perhaps dryer). Any recommendations? Something a bit on the larger capacity. Was taking a look at the maytag bravos xl at sears for 750 but the reviews are either complete shit or its the best washer I have had. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast