Quantcast
Oath to Queen for new Citizens Discriminatory? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Oath to Queen for new Citizens Discriminatory?

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by LollerBrader

WTF does being Scottish or being from Noval Scotia have to do with keeping the Monarch?

By this logic, every Honger and East Indian on here should also be a monarchist as well.
    How? To think that east Indians view the queen in the same light as people from Great Britain/UK is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by frizzlefry

How? To think that east Indians view the queen in the same light as people from Great Britain/UK is pretty stupid.
    What's pretty stupid is to think that everyone from UK is English, or views the queen equally.

History fail.

The English are only one tribe of many.

The queen's subjects aren't necessarily monarchists. Applies in UK as much as it does in India, or HK.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

What's pretty stupid is to think that everyone from UK is English, or views the queen equally.

History fail.

The English are only one tribe of many.

The queen's subjects aren't necessarily monarchists. Applies in UK as much as it does in India, or HK.
    Not saying every commonwealth loves them some queen. But come on, ask a random person in the UK about the monarchy and they have an opinion. Random person in India you are just as likely to get a "who?" as you are to get a remote understanding of their existence. Unlikely to get a detailed opinion.

I'm not necessarily a monarchist But I just like to acknowledge our history and think if you want to be a part of the greatest country in the world you recognize our head of state. If you want to bitch about it then get lost. It shows a poor attitude. Rights violation it's not. You don't have an automatic right to be a citizen unless born here.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 07-16-2013 at 12:33 AM.

I'm not necessarily a monarchist But I just like to acknowledge our history and think if you want to be a part of the greatest country in the world you recognize our head of state.
    Given your claimed love for history, it's a surprise you don't know your own.

You said previously that you're a monarchist because you're of Scottish heritage. It would appear that you've confused Scottish with English, and you may want to do your ancestors justice by learning the difference.

They would be horrified at your allegiance.

If you want to bitch about it then get lost. It shows a poor attitude. Rights violation it's not. You don't have an automatic right to be a citizen unless born here.
    I was born here and have every right to object to this ill placed adoration of a foreign figurehead, however misplaced your understanding of history.

If you don't like that, you can suck my Canadian born, ex-military dick.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

You said previously that you're a monarchist because you're of Scottish heritage.
    Never said I was a monarchist, I just think that we should keep the monarch around because its tradition. It's our history. If people want to democratically vote to abolish it then I'm fine with it.

Given your claimed love for history, it's a surprise you don't know your own. You said previously that you're a monarchist because you're of Scottish heritage. It would appear that you've confused Scottish with English, and you may want to do your ancestors justice by learning the difference.
    I was born here and have every right to object to this ill placed adoration of a foreign figurehead, however misplaced your understanding of history.
    Fine. Object. But if you are applying to become a citizen and they want you to do jumping jacks or write an essay about Twilight. Do it. Them bitching about shows a poor attitude. Like I said, the yanks make you publicly deny any allegiance to your previous homeland. Swearing an allegiance to a figurehead is pretty easy in comparison.

Oh and the SNP recently said that an independent Scotland would retain the queen as head of state. Not doing so would be highly unpopular among the Scots.

Article

Don't tell me to learn my history. You clearly have no idea how much of the monarch has Scottish blood. Or maybe your social studies teacher was lazy and just put "Braveheart" on for your Scottish history class.

If you don't like that, you can suck my Canadian born, ex-military dick.
    I'm confused, am I supposed to be impressed by your military service or amused with how you clearly lied during your Oath of Allegiance? Either way, I am indifferent to this statement except for its stunning display of your grace and etiquette.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 07-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

This reminds me of Isreal's loyalty oath which was or is being planned for its Arab population.

Personally when I know that ruling bankers (from New York) funded the Russian monarchs overthrow and installed Lenin in which Stalin succeeded after... and knowing that after Hitler took over an European country in which he was an enemy of the U.K at the time.... the monarch released that occupied countries gold to Hitler on his request. (Discovery Channel doc, Banking with Hitler)
    So when we see that allied bankers have actually funded both sides of world wars... why anyone would bow and kneel to a system that has genocided hundreds of millions... Anglo whites being a good percentage... is beyond me.
    Last edited by Arash Boodagh; 07-17-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Did not realize beyond membership was predominantly back woods rednecks who have no idea of the function the monarchy or what immigrants go through to get here.

As a non-white Canadian born citizen I would never sing god save the queen.
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Besides, when I go to the US I always notice they don't have white vinegar for their fries... so uncivilized.
    Hey this is a commonwealth, you are supposed to have malt vinegar with your fish and chips. GTFO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3