Quantcast
George Zimmerman found not guilty - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman found not guilty

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Default George Zimmerman found not guilty

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...y.html?cmp=rss

George Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges on Saturday for the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in this central Florida town in February of last year.

If he had been convicted, the 29-year-old former neighborhood watch volunteer, who claimed he acted in self-defense, could have been sentenced to life in prison for second-degree murder or up to 30 years for manslaughter.

A panel of six women jurors rendered its verdict in the case, which sparked a national debate on issues including race and profiling, after a trial that began in Seminole County court on June 10.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

In for riots.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Not surprised. Although he's going to have to go into hiding somewhere other than Florida. I watched some of the highlights here and there on CNN. I think there was a preponderance of evidence, but not enough to be beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

I wonder if there was any African Americans on the jury.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Not really surprised - the prosecution's case was pretty thin, and the only living witness was Zimmerman.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

OUTRAGE OUTRAGE OUTRAGE

Rev Al is going to be coming up promoting more hatred.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 03:59 AM.

Anybody that followed this case for more than 2 minutes knew "Not Guilty" would be the right verdict. The prosecution had nothing. They tried their best with the little they had but ultimately there was reasonable doubt in just about every assumption they made. Justice was served.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

That's the difference between the court of public opinion, and the actual court. The court has to take real evidence into account.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

This was the correct verdict and I'm glad Zim will be able to move on with his life for the most part rather than be locked in a cage for defending himself.

The family never wanted justice, the family and the racist drones that followed only wanted revenge.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    8P 3.2

I saw the closing arguments and the prosecution was pathetic. Defense did a wicked job.

Real reason why that kid is dead is because of American gun culture. Zimmerman was within USA law. If there was no gun Zimmerman would have been beat up a little and the black kid would have got 5 years for assault. I am 100% behind having whatever weapon you want to defend your home but being allowed to walk around with one leads to exactly what happened in Florida.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    I am 100% behind having whatever weapon you want to defend your home but being allowed to walk around with one leads to exactly what happened in Florida.
    We have hundreds of men/women allowed to walk around with a gun here in Canada and it also leads to aggressive gangster wannabes to have holes in their chest.

At least hold a consistent position.

If zim was a sworn in cop and this happened would you be upset that cops get to carry guns in public?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Modelexis

We have hundreds of men/women allowed to walk around with a gun here in Canada and it also leads to aggressive gangster wannabes to have holes in their chest.

At least hold a consistent position.

If zim was a sworn in cop and this happened would you be upset that cops get to carry guns in public?
    Not legally. Go try and get an ATC. Good luck. Live in the woods you may get an open carry permit in very remote places.

I have no issue with cops carrying guns. Hate the cops in Calgary? Live in Mexico for a while.

If there was no gun Zimmerman would have been beat up a little and the black kid would have got 5 years for assault.
    That's pure speculation. Not to mention irrelevant.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Surprised modelexis is on board with zim, the "Authority" figure with a gun. If
    anything Zimmerman should be found guilty of being a pussy, seriously an unarmed 14 year old is a threat to your life?

Originally posted by sxtasy
    seriously an unarmed 14 year old is a threat to your life?
    Thats the media bias at work, Martin was 17 not 14.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

That's pure speculation. Not to mention irrelevant.
    It's relevant I think. Zimmerman was protecting himself against something right? Assault seems the likely result if Zimmerman did not have a gun. Of course if there was no gun Zimmerman, like most yanks, would not have the balls to get into a fight. So no gun, nothing would have happened.

Again, I think Zimmerman acted within the law. The failures here are obviously the right to carry and the inability of the police to protect the neighborhood.

It's relevant I think. Zimmerman was protecting himself against something right? Assault seems the likely result if Zimmerman did not have a gun. Of course if there was no gun Zimmerman, like most yanks, would not have the balls to get into a fight. So no gun, nothing would have happened.

Again, I think Zimmerman acted within the law. The failures here are obviously the right to carry and the inability of the police to protect the neighborhood.
    It's irrelevant because Zimmerman did have a gun. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, it doesn't matter, if we lived on the moon or if 2+2=5 who cares that's specualtion, "assault is the likely outcome" again just speculation and totally irrelevant.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

It's irrelevant because Zimmerman did have a gun. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, it doesn't matter, if we lived on the moon or if 2+2=5 who cares that's specualtion, "assault is the likely outcome" again just speculation and totally irrelevant.
    Not sure why you are so pissy about what I said, I agree with the verdict. The verdict was correct in the society they live in. Just saying that no gun, no one would have died. That's all.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast