Quantcast
Any Alberta motorcycle forums? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Alberta motorcycle forums?

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Facebook =drama which is why I am adverse to using it. IIt's too bad these communities are run from it. What happened to the good olé days of forums..

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Yeah no doubt. What happened with so many actual forums, is they took off with a huge following, then bit by bit members started falling off, then it slowed down noticeably until people just stopped bothering checking it. I've seen a good number of forums die this way.

Most of the local ones are the same way. Yeah I fully agree about Facebook, which is why Im on it perhaps a few times a year at best. Just bullshit really.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by ercchry
    Admin Staff Include:
    Brett S., Travis B., Zale B., Josh L., Henry H., Elliot H., Ryan M. & Ed J.

same old shit leopards, just a different name
    I agree there may have been some troubles on the last forum, so thats why Canada Motorcycle came out of the works and you will see that "Beyond Motorcycle Cruise" is pretty much dead.

I encourage you to check us out though, i can assure you that you will not encounter the same problems.
    I have a significant background in sociology and my whole intent of starting Canada Motorcycle was to bring everyone together peacefully, encourage partnership in the powersports community while giving back to the riders 110% of what can be given, and giving the motorcycle community a better name than it may have (ie. hooliganism and disrespect (incl. unsafe riding and deleting members for their opinions for example). This is a group for Everyone to get together... It's not my group, or the admin's group... it's OUR's. It will always be that way.

Check us out, or PM me if you have any other concerns!
    We will do what we can for any rider, anywhere.

EDIT: Note too, Canada Motorcycle will not solely be a "Facebook Group" shortly. We are currently working on a webpage for everyone to interact on, on all fronts!
    Last edited by swak; 07-19-2013 at 02:00 AM.

My Ride
    has 2 wheels and goes like stink

Im waiting on ths website as I would like to enjoy and partake in what Canada Motorcycle is trying to do, but i do not go anywhere near FB so hurry up with that please before we run out of summer . Thx man. Till then just keep shootin me txts when there's something happening

My Ride
    14' 435i

Just a heads up to everyone...

we are going to be working VERY closely with beyond on this and most likely will be taking over the BIKE TALK area...

im sure very few of you are aware of how hard and how much work it takes to run/maintain a forum...

My Ride

^ Lol, so Brett is the newest Mod then? hahaha.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by GOnSHO
    Just a heads up to everyone...

we are going to be working VERY closely with beyond on this and most likely will be taking over the BIKE TALK area...

im sure very few of you are aware of how hard and how much work it takes to run/maintain a forum...
    If you need any help let me know. I have setup and been part of a few.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Thanks for the offer man, we will be opening up the admins portion when we find out what kind of work and involvement is needed!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Lol, so Brett is the newest Mod then? hahaha.
    Yeah, pretty 'green' to the whole Canada Motorcycle thing

Originally posted by firebane

If you need any help let me know. I have setup and been part of a few.
    PM me if you see any areas that you can help in... We'll definitely keep those interested and dedicated to 'Canada Motorcycle' in mind!

Its all about community at the end of the day... So we are always appreciative of any support

For those of you who don't know, you can check us out on facebook at:
    www.facebook.com/groups/canadamotorcycle

Or check out our LIKE page for major updates and information on whats happening
    www.facebook.com/canadamotorcycle
    ... or click my sig.
    Last edited by swak; 07-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

With all groups and clubs, you might have to try a few to get a good "fit". You won't like them all and all of them may not like you, that's why there are all types out there IMO. Keep looking until you find a bunch of riders just like you.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

here is my problem right here with the group (and im SURE i am not alone)

"Admin Staff Include:
    Brett S., Travis B., Zale B., Josh L., Henry H., Elliot H., Ryan M. & Ed J."

Elliot H aka scat aka snowcat... pretty straight forward

Josh L, a carry over from the "beyond riders group"... fun times have been had, here is how "open to opinion" Josh is:

Nolan posts this very mature post in the group:

"I'm all about meeting new people to ride with how ever with all the recent stuff going on we don't actually know alot of the people in this group. I think that if there are people in this group who did not show up to any rides this summer they should be removed from this group. No to be a dick but there were PLENTY of opportunities to come meet the majority of us over this whole summer. There's just too many people who have joined/been invited and for what if they choose not to ride with this group. IMO this is a riding group if you don't partake there is no need to have you around. Not to mention this could eliminate possible u/c po po! "

(this is right after Mr. snowcat's brilliant youtube videos made the news)

my response:

"if i felt like it wouldnt negatively affect my driving record, maybe i would come out. but i also dont have a fast bike anymore and would rather not struggle to keep up. plus it sucks on the highway. you really shouldnt be posting any incriminating on the internet anyways. cause it will always have a way to come back and bite you right in the anus. just ask our good friend elliot in a week when the boys in blue hand deliver him a few yellow and pink slips of paper"

Nolan:

"Incriminate? If you ever showed up you would know we actually don't speed. We have a young lady on here who started out a very novice rider on a very very slow and underpowered bike (no offense) and she was defs a semi regular rider with us never had to 'struggle' to keep up. And as a group we have never been ticketed on a ride because we ride to the rules of the road . Any tickets mentioned in this group were acquired on those individuals own time."

Me:

"and the videos of highway stunting... closed course, right? and if there is nothing incriminating, then why care who is in the group?"

Nolan:

"Why care? Why be in a group if people are not going to partake in the sole purpose that the group was started for. My opinion anyways."

Me:

"when i joined this group i was fulling committed to coming out. first cruise i saw was a highway cruise. which i really dont like doing on my current bike. then stunting videos on a very public roadway were posted. then just super squid/immature comments. also saying why care is rather hypocritical, dont you think? but really, im too old and busy to bother with this shit. so have fun!"

THEN Josh comes in:

"you should check out the 403riders group you should fit in there"

...and i'm removed from the group...

so yeah, THIS is why i dont fucking believe a word about this "new" group. same old shit leopards, just a different name
    Congrats, you just showed what a whiney hater you are

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by snowcat

Congrats, you just showed what a whiney hater you are

congrats, you just proved my point

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I don't agree with removing people from a group just because they don't show up to the rides. I personally only like riding with 2-4 people MAX so we can stay tight. I use the group to stay in touch with some riders but also to see what's up from time to time.

It's like if Beyond started removing members just because they don't post.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I don't agree with removing people from a group just because they don't show up to the rides. I personally only like riding with 2-4 people MAX so we can stay tight. I use the group to stay in touch with some riders but also to see what's up from time to time.

It's like if Beyond started removing members just because they don't post.
    Agreed 100%!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I personally too like smaller more 'intimate' rides if you will.... Gives you a better feeling of who's around you and easier to stay together as a group.

I do it for the communal/social environment associated with these groups/forums, etc...

This is the whole reason what brought up Canada Motorcycle...
    As an admin of Canada Motorcycle (on behalf of all the admins), everything done for the group is done for the riders and the community! I do it to give back as much as possible and to grow the community. Nobody has intentions of making money off the Memberships sold as part of the group etc....

My Ride

Its honestly impossible for Snowcat/Scat to not cause shit which always results in him being banned, Ive lost count as to how many times hes been beaten with the banhammer.... yet still more of the same.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Its honestly impossible for Snowcat/Scat to not cause shit which always results in him being banned, Ive lost count as to how many times hes been beaten with the banhammer.... yet still more of the same.
    What on earth are you talking about? The issue eric has doesn't have anything to do with me, he just likes to bring up random shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

all these "motorcycle groups" are filled with idiots because the vast majority of motorcycle riders are idiots- fact

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

What on earth are you talking about? The issue eric has doesn't have anything to do with me, he just likes to bring up random shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    Every issue i have with this shit somehow comes back to you elliot... and if brett was serious about this new group he would NOT have you in anyway associated with it.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Every issue i have with this shit somehow comes back to you elliot... and if brett was serious about this new group he would NOT have you in anyway associated with it.
    In your mind everything comes back to me.

You have a weird obsession. Get over yourself.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

In your mind everything comes back to me.

You have a weird obsession. Get over yourself.
    If it involves you riding a motorcycle I don't want to be within 50 miles of it...

Everyone who has ridden bikes with any groups knows the riders like you...the ones that get a bike and 6 months later assert that they're gods gift to riding...go around telling everyone else about how they're doing it wrong, lecturing drivers and buzzing pedestrians like they found a badge in their fruit loops...you're bad for the riding community, you're bad for other people's safety, and you're bad for any other rider that is just trying to go around not getting hasssled by the police.

but that's just my opinion...I haven't made any YouTube videos so clearly I'm no expert.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...we as riders are often defined by the worst among us...and when you're with a group with some of the worst, you deserve it. I'm pretty careful in who I choose to ride with for that exact reason. Unless I'm leading the ride or know the person that is leading I won't go on a larger ride...and I avoid any rides that certain people say they're attending.

The people in charge of this new forum should be mindful of what sort of message they're sending when they appoint certain people as admins.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 08-03-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast