Quantcast
Any Alberta motorcycle forums? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Alberta motorcycle forums?

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Default Any Alberta motorcycle forums?

Hey are there other popular motorcycle forums out there specific to Calgary? Alberta? Canada?

I'm just trying to get hooked up into the scene.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

ground pilots is all that comes to mind

My Ride
    ZX10 Street / CBR600 Track

Lots of groups on Facebook now.
    "Live on the Redline" www.redlinecalgary.com

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

I checked out ground pilots, seemed quite quiet there.

I have been anti facebook. Are groups "forum like" or just another discussion feed same as regular fb?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Ground Pilots has lost a lot of steam over the last couple of years. It's too bad, I used to be quite active over there. The motorcycle sub-forum here isn't too bad but not much for organized rides & such.

With that said I think CGP is still a viable option. Ask an honest question (not just trolling) and there is a ton of valuable info on the board.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    VAG products

Facebook has a decent groups. There are couple hundred members in 403riders. These guys go on tonnes of cruises.

I think you have to be invited into it though. I'm sure there are a bunch of members from beyond on there too.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Check out Canada Motorcycle.
    www.facebook/com/groups/canadamotorcycle

Planned cruises, mid-week meets and with membership 20% off at Bow Cycle North

Also the nice thing about facebook groups is it keeps the active topics at the top, and with the number of people on the group, should get some quality responses

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

just make sure you dont have your own opinion on these facebook groups.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Not true, Canada Motorcycle and the admins are very open to ANY discussion.. we strive to make the group as diverse and open minded as possible

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

...isnt elliot an admin?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^id recommend Canada motorcycle by far. There used to be another forum called calgaryunderground.com, actually CUG on here used to run it, but it's stone dead right now, I haven't logged in for years (his username being CUG is obviously the acronym for his old site). CGP is the only other forum, but those guys are idiots, the typical "Shells angels" type people. There are a few good riders on there, but most are squids and goofs. I refuse to join for that reason alone. I'm glad to hear it too is falling by the wayside.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I understand the need for areas for people to come together but I don't like how Facebook has become that medium.

I do not use Facebook and haven't used it for a very long time. I too searched a long time for any reputable forums for bike riders in Alberta/Calgary and all I could find was stuff on Facebook.

Perhaps unfortunate for me to miss out but also unfortunate those groups who choose to only be on facebook to lose a large user base too.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yeah, I don't really like using FB for that either.

I rather have a motorcycle meet/cruise thread on Beyond like we used to before it went to FB. The only problem was that no one on Beyond wanted to meet up lol.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Canada Motorcycle is currently working on a website, so we can move away from a FB page.

in the mean time, i was gonna see if Rage would open up a spot in bike talk for our group

My Ride
    '11 Titan/01 RC51

Originally posted by GOnSHO
    in the mean time, i was gonna see if Rage would open up a spot in bike talk for our group
    not a bad idea.

i'm sure some people may disagree but one thing i like knowing when joining in on a group ride is the pace the riders intend to maintain. i like seeing things on other forums where people describe the riding style.

ie. "hitting up 1A, pace will probably be 10-20 over speedlimit for the most part"

or

"going 22x to bragg. speedlimit all the way"

maybe even..

"quick boot around the city. will be riding like an angry teenager that wasn't hugged enough"

My Ride
    14' 435i

LOL true..

Again, we as a group are trying to advance the rider community, we only ever ride to the ability of our weakest rider and try to get give tips/tricks and help anyway. The last thing we want to do is alienate or leave someone behind. We also dont want to be classified with those that ride like idiots, we all have our fun but when riding as a group, we want to show that we are respectful group.

My Ride

^ I'd stand behind that 100%. I've always hated group rides because my personal experience has always been the opposite of that. I went on a group ride with Steve ("Got Rice", on here) and it was amazing, it was 12 of us on 9 bikes. Everybody was well behaved and we had a blast going for beers and food in Canmore.

It would be cool if we had a beyond riders group, to which our own little subsection, but it's hard to justify that outside of the current bike section & bike classifieds.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-18-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

here is my problem right here with the group (and im SURE i am not alone)

"Admin Staff Include:
    Brett S., Travis B., Zale B., Josh L., Henry H., Elliot H., Ryan M. & Ed J."

Elliot H aka scat aka snowcat... pretty straight forward

Josh L, a carry over from the "beyond riders group"... fun times have been had, here is how "open to opinion" Josh is:

Nolan posts this very mature post in the group:

"I'm all about meeting new people to ride with how ever with all the recent stuff going on we don't actually know alot of the people in this group. I think that if there are people in this group who did not show up to any rides this summer they should be removed from this group. No to be a dick but there were PLENTY of opportunities to come meet the majority of us over this whole summer. There's just too many people who have joined/been invited and for what if they choose not to ride with this group. IMO this is a riding group if you don't partake there is no need to have you around. Not to mention this could eliminate possible u/c po po! "

(this is right after Mr. snowcat's brilliant youtube videos made the news)

my response:

"if i felt like it wouldnt negatively affect my driving record, maybe i would come out. but i also dont have a fast bike anymore and would rather not struggle to keep up. plus it sucks on the highway. you really shouldnt be posting any incriminating on the internet anyways. cause it will always have a way to come back and bite you right in the anus. just ask our good friend elliot in a week when the boys in blue hand deliver him a few yellow and pink slips of paper"

Nolan:

"Incriminate? If you ever showed up you would know we actually don't speed. We have a young lady on here who started out a very novice rider on a very very slow and underpowered bike (no offense) and she was defs a semi regular rider with us never had to 'struggle' to keep up. And as a group we have never been ticketed on a ride because we ride to the rules of the road . Any tickets mentioned in this group were acquired on those individuals own time."

Me:

"and the videos of highway stunting... closed course, right? and if there is nothing incriminating, then why care who is in the group?"

Nolan:

"Why care? Why be in a group if people are not going to partake in the sole purpose that the group was started for. My opinion anyways."

Me:

"when i joined this group i was fulling committed to coming out. first cruise i saw was a highway cruise. which i really dont like doing on my current bike. then stunting videos on a very public roadway were posted. then just super squid/immature comments. also saying why care is rather hypocritical, dont you think? but really, im too old and busy to bother with this shit. so have fun!"

THEN Josh comes in:

"you should check out the 403riders group you should fit in there"

...and i'm removed from the group...

so yeah, THIS is why i dont fucking believe a word about this "new" group. same old shit leopards, just a different name

My Ride

^ Whoah, Scat is Snowcat? crazy.

Looks like a joke of a group. Last wednesday meet I was talking with a guy on a black CBR600, he did a lot of work for that 403riders, and was ousted due to a bunch of things..

All in all it seems like a total joke they are. Which is yet another reason Im not on any local bike groups any more.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

No, that was "403 riders" it was the "beyond riders group" yeah! BEYOND... but yeah, all of them are probably the same. this new canada motorcycle group is pretty much the same people

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast