Quantcast
Fatal crash at World Superbike race in Moscow - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fatal crash at World Superbike race in Moscow

Default Fatal crash at World Superbike race in Moscow

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 03:54 AM.

must not be a big deal if they finish the article with race results

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Default Re: Fatal crash at World Superbike race in Moscow

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Dare I say, WTF were they thinking holding the race in those weather conditions?!?
    Welcome to racing. Rain or shine, when the race date comes, you race. Nice, dry conditions are always ideal obviously, but most people argue that racing in all sorts of weather conditions really puts the racers (and their crew for setting up the bikes) through the paces and tests out their true skill and abilities.

Thats one of the reasons I never bothered taking up actual racing on my sportbike. For reasons like this. Bike racing is already just elbow to elbow most of the time, all it takes is some thick mist kicked up from the bikes in front of you when its raining like this, and this can EASILY happen.

Its already just balls-to-the-walls pushing yourself and the bike to the limits, but with this on top, some serious accidents have happened over time.

RIP regardless, always a tragedy, but at least he went out doing something he obviously loved doing.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 03:54 AM.

My Ride

^ They never ever call it off short of freezing rain, ice or snow. I've seen circuit racing when its absolutely *pouring*. Doesn't matter.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ They never ever call it off short of freezing rain, ice or snow. I've seen circuit racing when its absolutely *pouring*. Doesn't matter.
    Haha that's kind of strange when you think about it, especially when you see baseball games stop due to rain and racing is much more dangerous.

My Ride

^ Yeah it is in that regard. I remember 5,6 or maybe 7 or so years ago when Canadian Superbike came to Ratcity raceway. The racers were covering themselves up in plastic garbage bags to stay dry it was raining so hard. I paid to be spectator there, but with these monsoon like rains I just left after the first heat. Yet they'd race the whole session in those conditions. It was conditions just like in that video, just vicious mist from the guys in front. Which is especially nuts considering how brutally rough that track was, and quite a good share of the racers were from all over Canada, and have never raced on that track before.

But like I say, such conditions sure test the riders (and crews) skills & determination and abilities, so like with almost all major bike race events, the show went on.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-21-2013 at 09:47 PM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Put on the wet tires and away you go... people pay for tickets, the show goes on. Its amazing how well these guys ride and that there isnt more fatalities in motorcycle racing. That was sad to see. Yesterdays MotoGP race has a minute of silence for him before the race at Laguna Seca.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....