Quantcast
What should I see in Israel/Jordan? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What should I see in Israel/Jordan?

Default What should I see in Israel/Jordan?

I just read on Wikipedia that rain and thunderstorms are a common occurrence in Tel Aviv during the months of November and December.

Is the weather really that iffy in Tel Aviv during that time of year? Is it more rainy during November or during December?

Are there at least a good number of nice, sunny and warm days? Do the amount of dry days easily outnumber of amount of wet days during those months?

Despite November and December being Israel's wet season- Is the weather in Tel Aviv still acceptable enough to have outdoor fun?
    Last edited by stoshes; 07-28-2013 at 06:29 AM.

For starters, wear sandals.. And if you ever see a television camera, take them off and wave them in the air, make sure you shout angrily for attention.. Also, if you find a rock pick it up and throw it at any sort of authority, or military vehicle. Ive never been, but judging from what I see thats all that goes on over there.

Take public transit. It's the bomb!

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

I've never been to either country but be sure to check out Tel Aviv (AKA the city that never sleeps), from what I have researched they have:
    awesome beaches (sunsets on the beach are a must see apparently) be sure to research which beach you want to visit as each one attracts a different crowd.

Amazing restaurants, Cafe's and specialty snack shops
    Like this one that is famous for its humus:
    Ali Karavan - 1 Ha'Dolfin St., Tel Aviv, Israel; (972-3) 682 0387

lots of Museums (decide what you want to see before you go)
    shopping- clothes and Jewellery (Tel Aviv has the largeset diamond exchange in the world).

edit: grammar
    Last edited by bh87; 07-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Definitely go for a float in the dead sea. Don't shave before going though as the water is extremely saline and that will burn big time.

Wadi Rum is incredible. Well worth seeing. If I ever go back I'll probably try to arrange an overnight camping trip as I hear the stars are incredible. I was there in the day and found it spectacular.

Petra is definitely worth visiting. You've probably only seen photos of the one building there but there are actually quite a few buildings you can hike around to see. Bring lots of water.

As for other travel tips, I'm full of 'em but you need to be a bit more specific!

Sex and romance[edit]

"No problem if there’s intimate encounters," an Israel Outdoors employee told American staffers during training. "In fact, it’s encouraged!"[10]
    One participant said that "the outside perception of Birthright trips being giant drunken orgies is actually grossly exaggerated ... the vast majority of people participating in Birthright do not have sex on the trip. The amount of sexual activity taking place may be slightly above average, but not by that much."[11]

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

You can't go to Jordan and not see Petra! Its without a doubt one of the best things I've ever seen.

Dead Sea is a close second, and borders both Israel and Jordan

If you're renting a car, be sure to drive the Kings Highway. Its a 5000 year old route and is a pretty insane/ windy drive through gnarly canyons. This picture doesn't do it justice, but its a blast to drive.

Wadi Rum was very cool, but I would see only if you had time to get to Petra and the Dead Sea first.

Jerash is also worth seeing. The city has been inhabited for close to 5000 years, and has enormous Roman ruins. Its a beautiful drive from Amman too.

We also stumbled across a really cool hilltop castle somewhere between the Dead Sea and the Red Sea, but I can't remember the name. Rad things like that just... happen there haha the benefit of it being such a small country?

The only thing I would warn against since I'm assuming you're female, is be careful when you're around any larger cities. Younger men in Jordan can be pretty terrible to western women. You'll hear some pretty offensive comments, and be careful of guys trying to cop a feel. Just don't take it personally, and don't walk alone at night. Sorry to be "that guy", but it was a big problem with I was there with my fiance in the fall, and we're fairly well traveled.
    Once you're away from the big cities (Amman), that problem disappears though! Aside from the few creeps, people there were AMAZINGLY friendly and accommodating.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 03:50 AM.