Quantcast
How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Probably took more people to do this
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/358853/ci...nailed-itquot/

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I always used to park on this street for a bit when I had trouble finding a spot elsewhere.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

No wonder the flood recovery is going to cost an estimated $400 million. City workers have never been known for their efficiency.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Saw this on reddit:

This financial crisis is forcing state and local agencies to make some tough decisions. If things continue for much longer, there’s a real risk that we may have to lay off Jose.

My Ride
    VE & S13

BAHHAHAHAHA.... Jose..

Thank God no one has a camera when the oil business is at work. I recall working with a company that rhymes with Hell, never did they travel in a pack of less than four. If the meeting was an hour either side of lunch, well they sent a half dozen over as their lunch was covered at the local Sausagefest Earl's or Cactus Club.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 08-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Thank God no one has a camera when the oil business is at work.
    Mandatory switch off every 15 minutes
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Thank God no one has a camera when the oil business is at work. I recall working with a company that rhymes with Hell, never did they travel in a pack of less than four. If the meeting was an hour either side of lunch, well they sent a half dozen over as their lunch was covered at the local Sausagefest Earl's or Cactus Club.
    The way I see it, O&G companies generate revenue and spends their own money, which doesn't really affect us the taxpayer. City employees, comes straight out our (taxpayer's) pockets. I'd be more concerned with 10 people being paid out of our collective pockets to do a simple job than how O&G wastes their profits away.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

Default Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

Originally posted by rage2

Bonus points if someone can identify each and every role lol.

its a special epoxy the guys applying it arent city employees they are contractors! but thanks for trying to make the city look stupid bud!! i do know 2 people in the pic as they are my co workers! like i said its a special epoxy that is being applied and its a timely process

but i guess everyone else on here is perfect and would love to be criticized about the work they do right?
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

Originally posted by 96GrandAMGT
    its a special epoxy the guys applying it arent city employees they are contractors! but thanks for trying to make the city look stupid bud!! i do know 2 people in the pic as they are my co workers! like i said its a special epoxy that is being applied and its a timely process
    Were you in the pic? Or were you one of the 2 that ran off as soon as you saw us taking the pics? Thanks for detailing the process of the special epoxy that requires 12 people to apply. Makes me feel a lot better about the efficiency of the city contractors.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

Default Re: Re: Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

Were you in the pic? Or were you one of the 2 that ran off as soon as you saw us taking the pics? Thanks for detailing the process of the special epoxy that requires 12 people to apply. Makes me feel a lot better about the efficiency of the city contractors.
    the amount of people is purely because its a new product so there were tons of people to see how it is applied so we can do it in house.... its no different then when we get a new line painting truck only difference nobody take pics... guess its a hazard of working for the city... your all deemed lazy and useless right?
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Can I get some people to help me watch the paint dry next time for a case of beer? It's really special paint, much appreciated lol.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

but i guess everyone else on here is perfect and would love to be criticized about the work they do right?
    Under our corporate umbrella, we run a painting company.

We've done outdoor City contracts for paint for at least the last 8 years (not Calgary).

If I put that many people on a site that small to apply your "special" epoxy paint I would expect to be in shit as I would be costing us, or someone, a ton of cash. We didn't need that many people to repaint an entire full sized swimming pool and surrounding deck for god sake so just relax, it IS funny. And unnecessary.

EDIT - And even if it is justified as training day, it is STILL funny. Did you epoxy that sand right into your cunt? Get off the internet on work time City boy!
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Default Re: Re: Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

Ohhh snap!!!!

My Ride
    Ford F150

Pour bucket on street, spread?
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

the amount of people is purely because its a new product so there were tons of people to see how it is applied so we can do it in house....
    That's why you outsource.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

Talking Re: Re: Re: How many city employees does it take to paint a bike lane?

Original ly posted by rage2

not gonna lie but one of the guys in the picture sure looks very similar to someone who's upset facebook page. Hahaha not saying it's himbut who knows
    Last edited by sh0ko; 08-07-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Bro bro bro bro, like WWE tag team, must not participate until tagged in

Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    Pour bucket on street, spread?
    just like hot butter on toasted bread... minus the toast and fats

It's a funny picture to see people standing around in safety vests watching guys apply a special epoxy! Thanks for defending the City's honor bud!! I'm also glad you have 2 co workers that you know! It's good to have friends to keep you company when you apply a special epoxy because its a timely process

but everyone else on here is perfect and has no idea about what its like to be criticized about the work they do - that's what being perfect means right?

All jokes aside - The photo makes the situation look funny, and people had some fun with it. By the standards of this place, that was nothing.

You going postal to defend the honor of the virgins in your painting company could really take this to the next level though, so please keep it up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast