Quantcast
Quebec Charter of Values - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quebec Charter of Values

Default Quebec Charter of Values

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

The racist redneck side of me loves the idea But the rest of meknows it's ridiculous. Another attempt for Quebec to try and live in the 1800's moral wise. FRENCH SPEAKING ROMAN CATHOLICS ONLY. Seriously, fuck off Quebec.

Originally posted by btimbit
    The racist redneck side of me loves the idea But the rest of meknows it's ridiculous. Another attempt for Quebec to try and live in the 1800's moral wise. FRENCH SPEAKING ROMAN CATHOLICS ONLY. Seriously, fuck off Quebec.
    Better French than punjabi. Multiculturalism is all fine and dandy by me but it's getting right the fuck outta hand how CANADIAN BORN CAUCASIANS have to be on thinner and thinner ice with every little fuckin thing that might offend these people. You wanna enjoy our freedoms? Learn to appreciate our values. That should be a mandatory compromise IMO.

My Ride
    Bicycle

if they are going for such ban, at least be fair and remove all religion. No hijab, crosses, star of david , no matter of size. demolish or relocate all religious artifact from government buildings.

I would have respected that more than this half ass effort.

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Better French than punjabi. Multiculturalism is all fine and dandy by me but it's getting right the fuck outta hand how CANADIAN BORN CAUCASIANS have to be on thinner and thinner ice with every little fuckin thing that might offend these people. You wanna enjoy our freedoms? Learn to appreciate our values. That should be a mandatory compromise IMO.
    Since I am a Canadian born punjabi,perhaps you can educate me specifically what "YOUR" freedoms and values are. I can assure you I will do my best to respect them. I would love to share these values and freedoms with my brother who is a 20 year member of the Canadian armed forces. Perhaps the next time he is deployed to he can assure he is protecting "YOUR" values and freedoms. Since your probably more Canadian than my brother and I, I'm eagerly awaiting your response.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    8P 3.2

I just have no idea what they hope to accomplish.

Government money should never promote any specific religion. But a worker wearing a cross or a hijab is not promotion, its just a personal culture/religion thing. If it does not violate any rights and freedoms who cares? If Les Français want to be a melting pot then they can fuck off and become yanks.

Myself, I think a hijab is actually kinda hot.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    I just have no idea what they hope to accomplish.

Government money should never promote any specific religion. But a worker wearing a cross or a hijab is not promotion, its just a personal culture/religion thing. If it does not violate any rights and freedoms who cares? If Les Français want to be a melting pot then they can fuck off and become yanks.
    This... Can someone also explain to me how my wearing a turban possibly affects anyone else and takes away their freedoms?

Originally posted by VWEvo

Since I am a Canadian born punjabi,perhaps you can educate me specifically what "YOUR" freedoms and values are. I can assure you I will do my best to respect them. I would love to share these values and freedoms with my brother who is a 20 year member of the Canadian armed forces. Perhaps the next time he is deployed to he can assure he is protecting "YOUR" values and freedoms. Since your probably more Canadian than my brother and I, I'm eagerly awaiting your response.
    You're Canadian, you're born here. What's the issue?

Originally posted by mrsingh

This... Can someone also explain to me how my wearing a turban possibly affects anyone else and takes away their freedoms?
    The same way some Ethnic groups make a big deal about their children having to sing our national anthem in school and saying MERRY CHRISTMAS over happy holidays. Neither affects fuck all, really.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

The same way some Ethnic groups make a big deal about their children having to sing our national anthem in school and saying MERRY CHRISTMAS over happy holidays. Neither affects fuck all, really.

You're blaming the wrong people. It's hyper-sensitive Caucasians that make the most issues, because they don't want to be called racist. Not the ethnic groups themselves, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah or whatever else. In my house we've had a Christmas tree every year since I was a child. We always enjoyed the time off and treated it as a time for the family to all be together. I respect all and reap the benefits of that, and those are the values I am teaching to my child.

As for the national anthem, I can proudly belt it out with the best of them, and remember proudly singing it every morning as a child in school.

Originally posted by mrsingh
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah or whatever else. In my house we've had a Christmas tree every year since I was a child. We always enjoyed the time off and treated it as a time for the family to all be together. I respect all and reap the benefits of that, and those are the values I am teaching to my child.

As for the national anthem, I can proudly belt it out with the best of them, and remember proudly singing it every morning as a child in school.
    Well that's you. Same can't be said about 100% of the Ethnic population, and push come to shove you're gonna stand behind your own kind. I know I will. And that's what Quebec seems to be doing.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Well that's you. Same can't be said about 100% of the Ethnic population, and push come to shove you're gonna stand behind your own kind. I know I will. And that's what Quebec seems to be doing.
    That's a great attitude, thankfully your viewpoint doesn't represent all of "your kind."

What is your kind, heavyfuel?

I'm as Canadian as you can get (50+, white as ever, married with kids, independent business owner and past 25+ career somewhere else) and guess what, I could not ever belt out our anthem - does that make me not Canadian in your eyes?
    Will fuck off, again.

Your kind??? I'm curious to hear how "your kind" is different than my kind?

The idea of ethnic groups making a big fuss all the time, is a complete exaggeration. I agree that from time to time issues come up, but most would agree they live in the greatest country in the world.

Unfortunately, its people like you that have a tainted view and pretend an issue exists when none does. But since this is "your" country, I'll make sure all of my friends and family begin to conform.

You have yet to list what your values and freedoms are. Care to educate us?
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by speedog

I'm as Canadian as you can get (50+, white as ever, married with kids, independent business owner and past 25+ career somewhere else) and guess what, I could not ever belt out our anthem - does that make me not Canadian in your eyes?
    I would feel like less of a Canadian if I couldn't sing the anthem

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by speedog

Jesus that's a loaded question

i know that kind... uneducated, coal-rolling white trash rednecks with shaved/bald heads and slayer t-shirts.

(sorry to offend you slayer, but unfortunately these idiots do wear your t-shirts)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by frizzlefry

Myself, I think a hijab is actually kinda hot.

Well, she is kinda hot. Modestly dressed Middle East female is like a Kinder Surprise.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    I would feel like less of a Canadian if I couldn't sing the anthem
    Gots grey/white hair, don't go to many events that require me to sing it and I generally don't practice the anthem at home - certainly I hope you don't place to much emphasis of capable one is of being able to sing our national anthem as a part of how Canadian one is.

Hell, there's people who don't know the names of all the provinces or territories in Canada or who don't know who's mug is on the $10 dollar bill and I don't judge them as being less Canadian because of that.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Back on topic,

This is just a PQ tactic to start trolling again and prepare to take Quebec back from a weaken (already weak) NDP.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast