Tesla Motors - Page 111 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 111 of 149 FirstFirst ... 101 110 111 112 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2976

Thread: Tesla Motors

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that plug metered to your condo? Or are the parkade plugs all shared? I think I would be pissed if someone was charging their car for free if I lived in a condo... or I would definitely buy one too. lol
    Electricity is included in our condo fees, which I believe are already high enough ($1000+) and I'm currently fighting with the board about this. I don't think I should pay extra to charge my car, I think I use about $10/month in electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If they provide block heater plugs, what's it to stop people using it as EV charger other than some by-law.
    There are other things. I can leave my lights on 24 hours, but I can't plug in my car? I can leave my house for a month and leave my AC on high, plus all lights and whatever else, but I can't charge my car? I don't buy into that.

Not knocking Jlude because he appears to have a legitimate beef but I'd like to know where I can get free gasoline aside from siphoning it illegally - if EV owners figure they should be able to get free electricity then what of us ICE vehicle owners? I want a piece of that cake too.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Well, my car battery (12v) was dead in my Condo's underground parking, I plugged my 12V charger overnight ... got phone call from the Condo manager I was not supposed to do it ..... (I told him my battery was dead, couldn't start the car, so he let me do this once, but should just use booster pack next time .. ) I pay ~$400 condo fee, and I don't even live there .. so ...
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Not knocking Jlude because he appears to have a legitimate beef but I'd like to know where I can get free gasoline aside from siphoning it illegally - if EV owners figure they should be able to get free electricity then what of us ICE vehicle owners? I want a piece of that cake too.
    Just siphon it out of your supers truck

Follow it up with a “I pay your salary”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just siphon it out of your supers truck

Follow it up with a “I pay your salary”
    Don't have a super, am own boss.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

don't have a super, am own super.
    ftfy
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Don't have a super, am own boss.
    siphon from wife
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    Electricity is included in our condo fees, which I believe are already high enough ($1000+) and I'm currently fighting with the board about this. I don't think I should pay extra to charge my car, I think I use about $10/month in electricity.

There are other things. I can leave my lights on 24 hours, but I can't plug in my car? I can leave my house for a month and leave my AC on high, plus all lights and whatever else, but I can't charge my car? I don't buy into that.
    I doubt you use only $10. When I did my calculations, I drive 2500km/month. Depending on how hard you drive, that would be 500-700kwh of usage. At Calgary rates and riders, that works out to $70-$100/month. On that note, when comparing to ICE costs, that’s 250-300L of fuel for my E wagon depending how hard I drive, or $360-$430 in fuel costs. The gap closes up a bit in winter.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    95B

It looks like Rupert Murdoch’s son is going to replace Elon,
    https://bgr.com/2018/10/10/james-mur...-succeed-elon/

In other related topic what are your guys thoughts on NIO?
    Last edited by ganesh; 10-11-2018 at 08:59 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I doubt you use only $10. When I did my calculations, I drive 2500km/month. Depending on how hard you drive, that would be 500-700kwh of usage. At Calgary rates and riders, that works out to $70-$100/month. On that note, when comparing to ICE costs, that’s 250-300L of fuel for my E wagon depending how hard I drive, or $360-$430 in fuel costs. The gap closes up a bit in winter.
    That gap closes up a lot with a more fuel efficient vehicle. Like a Honda Fit for instance.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That gap closes up a lot with a more fuel efficient vehicle. Like a Honda Fit for instance.
    Then you don’t have a full-size luxury car, and without that status why would you even bother “saving the planet” with an electric car?!?

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Didn't Sugarphreak buy into NIO a couple days after the IPO? It seems like an interesting company, but the stock price is a WILD ride. If they start making money and good cars, it could shoot up. I would say it's highly speculative as an investment right now.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Didn't Sugarphreak buy into NIO a couple days after the IPO? It seems like an interesting company, but the stock price is a WILD ride. If they start making money and good cars, it could shoot up. I would say it's highly speculative as an investment right now.
    I bought in on Monday. Worth a long gamble. Probably start a NIO thread at some point when it gets interesting haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Ya, so about that. You know how much I travel, and my office is 200 yards from my home. The S has 237klms on it and I doubt I’ll hit 300 before the end of the year, maybe 350 if I’m lucky. One of my vehicles is a 2014 and even with two cross country trips and one road trip to California, it still doesn’t have 40k on it. Realistically, I’m not even using $10 of electricity every month.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Yeah I picked up some as sort of a long shot, I think it will be interesting to see how it does

I don't think it will be a power house in North America; however with the trade wars; China's insistence on penalizing the crap out of imported cars; and the shift towards cleaner cars by the Chinese government; I think it could develop into a major player in the Asian market.

This article does a good job of going over the pro's and con's of it
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ds-out-in.aspx
    What the article doesn't mention is that the valuation is actually pretty high already. I see NIO as a viable vehicle for investors to jump onto once TSLA runs into financial problems, which is why I went in on it, hoping for the next big rollercoaster ride. There's a lot positives that I've seen with NIO. They've been in Formula E so there's a lot of sound engineering effort behind their work. They're following the good parts of TSLA's strategy, entice with high performance, but sell decent performance vehicles to keep expenditures low. They're also doing a lot of what I wanted TSLA to do, such as not blowing all their cash on Capex, leverage 3rd party manufactures to get started with production. Their cash burn is reasonable at this rate. I think their market will be beyond China, most likely Europe. Only reason why they're invested heavily in Formula E competition and delivered a track car.

On the cons side, it's a Chinese company, and probably a Chinese Hustle haha. But yea, putting any money on it at this stage is a pure gamble IMO. Give it 6 months to see what kind of meaningful production it can sustain, and maybe it'll be worth investing. Can't win big without some gambling though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    Ya, so about that. You know how much I travel, and my office is 200 yards from my home. The S has 237klms on it and I doubt I’ll hit 300 before the end of the year, maybe 350 if I’m lucky. One of my vehicles is a 2014 and even with two cross country trips and one road trip to California, it still doesn’t have 40k on it. Realistically, I’m not even using $10 of electricity every month.
    Fair enough.

My Ride
    Silverado

Same type of people that take office supplies from work and then complain when all the supplies get locked up.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:43 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

If electricity is included in condo fees I don't see why this wouldn't be included. If electricity isn't in the fees and this common parking area is one of the few locations that the board pays for they should just make it so that the power is only on 25% of the time.

Page 111 of 149 FirstFirst ... 101 110 111 112 121 ... LastLast