Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 122 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 112 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2523

Thread: Tesla Motors

  1. #2421
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    and thanks to that, her "new" car we got last year, she's lost all interest in since riding in a friends S and X for a while. ..
    Sounds like you have much bigger issues then Tesla service in your future

  2. #2422
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    They can rent a bay at U-wrench.
    Some may find this of interest.

    https://youtu.be/2DucRxWz_58
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

  3. #2423
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,918
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like you have much bigger issues then Tesla service in your future
    Werd! Lololol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  4. #2424
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Wow. Just wow. So I guess their Fairmount Dr location is closed?

    Looks like cash crunch is real.

  5. #2425
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    This is pretty cool. Someone went on an extended camping trip with a Tesla model X towing a small trailer.
    https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-superchargers

    Neat option for a retired couple who isn't in a hurry. Would be pretty awful with a bunch of kids.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad this is such a safe space full of support and encouragement.

  6. #2426
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Just wow. So I guess their Fairmount Dr location is closed?

    Looks like cash crunch is real.
    They just dropped a bunch of cars off the other day, so probably not closed yet. Honestly I hope they do shut it down, those assholes park in the right lane just before the Glenmore on-ramp and fuck traffic up every few days.

  7. #2427
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They just dropped a bunch of cars off the other day, so probably not closed yet. Honestly I hope they do shut it down, those assholes park in the right lane just before the Glenmore on-ramp and fuck traffic up every few days.
    I wonder if only services side is affected, it's still the sales and delivery point.

  8. #2428
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg/Saint John
    My Ride
    MS & Q5
    Posts
    2,228
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, and that's great for a simple problem. What happens when something major goes, and they need a lift to get the car up off the ground for example? Example the really heavy components, say like the gearbox/trans - the 25% of repairs that Tesla itself says can't be done by mobile service (they claim that up to 75 or even 80 percent can be done by mobile service techs). Then what? If you take a Tesla under warranty to a non-certified shop for repairs, it voids the entire warranty (I was told this twice by two different Tesla agents today). There are hundreds of stories online about owners who are still waiting for body work/panels/etc from accidents, and does the same thing goes there, no certified shop, no more warranty?

    I'm not knocking the cars or the tech, we wanted (and still want) to buy a S P100D and perhaps an X SO badly, it's all the missus has talked about since riding in one, and thanks to that, her "new" car we got last year, she's lost all interest in since riding in a friends S and X for a while. However, I'm NOT going to drop 1 or 2 hundred k into vehicles that have no local shop I can get them serviced and especially repaired at, no matter how good the mobile techs are at fixing little doo-dad problems. I'd love to see a mobile tech replace major powertrain/drive unit/motors/battery in some guys parking spot outside of his condo...
    I know here in Winnipeg they do most stuff at my home and then anything they need a lift for, they cooperate and rent space from one of the local bigger shops to perform the larger work. I believe that's the reason why the don't feel they need a service center here.

    Your post give me the sense your'e all over the place. In two sentences you say you wanted to, and still want to, but then you say you won't. As for the mobile techs doing anything, they're certainly not going to replace major components in your parking spot, they'll coordinate with a local shop. You seem to only be discouraged from buying a Tesla by the lack of a conventional building with the word "TESLA" on it.

  9. #2429
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Fake news:

    https://electrek.co/2019/04/08/tesla...inappropriate/

    Sounds like disgruntle employee fired over some inappropriate behavior. Calgary service center isn't going anywhere.

  10. #2430
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,185
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Tesla Internally: “fuck people are really pissed about us shutting this service facility down”

    Tesla to the public: “We totally aren’t shutting the facility down, we just happened to fire everyone who works there. They were sharing n00ds which ain’t cool. We are going to open up a new service facility staffed by black jack dealers and hookers. Wait...”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #2431
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,953
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fake news:

    https://electrek.co/2019/04/08/tesla...inappropriate/

    Sounds like disgruntle employee fired over some inappropriate behavior. Calgary service center isn't going anywhere.
    It's not fake news. That article has as many 1/2 truths as the "service center is closed" posts on TMC. Talked to a few people in the know over the weekend. The entire service team was let go. Literally every single member that worked on the service side of things. There's still staff there but on the customer experience side of things. It's not just a single disgruntled employee. It's the entire service team, from front end to technicians. So while technically, the service center isn't closed, there is literally nobody to service anything in the bays. There is no replacement staff at this time. Training in Fremont takes months to get certified, so unless someone has been secretly training Tesla service techs the last couple of months...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #2432
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fake news:

    https://electrek.co/2019/04/08/tesla...inappropriate/

    Sounds like disgruntle employee fired over some inappropriate behavior. Calgary service center isn't going anywhere.
    It was probably Challenger red eye pics or cool engines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

  13. #2433
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    In other news,

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RJ03I

    FCA provided lifeline to Tesla to avoid EU fines.

    Tesla sent out a feeler and on FCA took the offer.

  14. #2434
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg/Saint John
    My Ride
    MS & Q5
    Posts
    2,228
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other news,

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RJ03I

    FCA provided lifeline to Tesla to avoid EU fines.

    Tesla sent out a feeler and on FCA took the offer.
    That works until they change the rules.

  15. #2435
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know here in Winnipeg they do most stuff at my home and then anything they need a lift for, they cooperate and rent space from one of the local bigger shops to perform the larger work. I believe that's the reason why the don't feel they need a service center here.

    Your post give me the sense your'e all over the place. In two sentences you say you wanted to, and still want to, but then you say you won't. As for the mobile techs doing anything, they're certainly not going to replace major components in your parking spot, they'll coordinate with a local shop. You seem to only be discouraged from buying a Tesla by the lack of a conventional building with the word "TESLA" on it.
    I'll be more clear - We want to still buy a Tesla (or 2), and we WOULD still buy them, contingent upon Telsa having the proper facilities and capabilities to service these vehicles in a timely fashion - as in the same time other dealers take - for the entire time we would own them. Since in Calgary this is obviously NOT the case right now, at least for the near future, IMO, with there not being a service center, we won't be. Simple. We bought an LC500 last year, and again, after riding in the Teslas some friend in California own, she's hooked on them, and won't shut up about getting them. While some might call that "trouble", it's 1st world trouble, which I'm happy to accept, as she's pretty stingy despite having the means not to be. She just wants the magic space car tech, despite losing the exhaust note of the LC500, which was one of the things that sold her on that particular car over a bunch of others. I posted before we bought the LC500 several times, and specifically said that even then we were strongly considering the Tesla S even then. She just hadn't spent much if any time in a Tesla until nearly a year after we bought the Lexus. As I said in the last post, I like the cars and the tech, the only thing keeping me from buying and driving them right now is a large serving of no service center, and a bit of financial picture on the side.

    Also, it's not completely "fake news" about the local service center. I called it again today - rang forever again. I called Tesla's 1800 line again - same story. Called the 1800 service line and tried to book an appointment with the Calgary service center, and couldn't.

    As for the mobile team coordinating with a local shop - does anyone have evidence of this happening? How does the mobile service team get access to all the parts and tools they'll need doing this? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that the logistics of this alone would make it very difficult IMO. "Hi, we're calling to co ordinate the repair of your 140,000 dollar vehicle, please come by Joe's body shop once all your parts show up, and we'll then send out the mobile tech to change out your damaged or broken parts". I'll pass on that.


    edit - OK, I finally stopped getting the rapid busy when hitting the "service" extension number, and got a live person in Calgary on the phone. She told me that the head of the Vancouver Tesla service center was there today, and was already conducting interviews, and that they had pulled in a lot of techs from other centers across Canada and the USA, and would keep the center fully manned until qualified replacements had passed their probationary periods (whatever that meant) and were fully certified Tesla techs. If that's the case, and it sticks, it'd go a long way in our specific case.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.

  16. #2436
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,145
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be more clear - We want to still buy a Tesla (or 2), and we WOULD still buy them, contingent upon Telsa having the proper facilities and capabilities to service these vehicles in a timely fashion - as in the same time other dealers take - for the entire time we would own them. Since in Calgary this is obviously NOT the case right now, at least for the near future, IMO, with there not being a service center, we won't be. Simple. We bought an LC500 last year, and again, after riding in the Teslas some friend in California own, she's hooked on them, and won't shut up about getting them. While some might call that "trouble", it's 1st world trouble, which I'm happy to accept, as she's pretty stingy despite having the means not to be. She just wants the magic space car tech, despite losing the exhaust note of the LC500, which was one of the things that sold her on that particular car over a bunch of others. I posted before we bought the LC500 several times, and specifically said that even then we were strongly considering the Tesla S even then. She just hadn't spent much if any time in a Tesla until nearly a year after we bought the Lexus. As I said in the last post, I like the cars and the tech, the only thing keeping me from buying and driving them right now is a large serving of no service center, and a bit of financial picture on the side.

    Also, it's not completely "fake news" about the local service center. I called it again today - rang forever again. I called Tesla's 1800 line again - same story. Called the 1800 service line and tried to book an appointment with the Calgary service center, and couldn't.

    As for the mobile team coordinating with a local shop - does anyone have evidence of this happening? How does the mobile service team get access to all the parts and tools they'll need doing this? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that the logistics of this alone would make it very difficult IMO. "Hi, we're calling to co ordinate the repair of your 140,000 dollar vehicle, please come by Joe's body shop once all your parts show up, and we'll then send out the mobile tech to change out your damaged or broken parts". I'll pass on that.


    edit - OK, I finally stopped getting the rapid busy when hitting the "service" extension number, and got a live person in Calgary on the phone. She told me that the head of the Vancouver Tesla service center was there today, and was already conducting interviews, and that they had pulled in a lot of techs from other centers across Canada and the USA, and would keep the center fully manned until qualified replacements had passed their probationary periods (whatever that meant) and were fully certified Tesla techs. If that's the case, and it sticks, it'd go a long way in our specific case.
    Lexus LC500 > Tesla

  17. #2437
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    $35K Model 3 no more. Another change on price and options.

    https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-our-vehicle-lineup

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/b...a-model-3.html

    Interesting bit about leasing tho....
    Please note, customers who choose leasing over owning will not have the option to purchase their car at the end of the lease, because with full autonomy coming in the future via an over-the-air software update, we plan to use those vehicles in the Tesla ride-hailing network. Customers can visit tesla.com/3 now to lease a Model 3.

  18. #2438
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    You've probably seen it already.

  19. #2439
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've probably seen it already.
    A SpaceX rocket thingy of theirs went kerBlewie, too!
    I don't really see the spontaneous fires being legit issues but fracturing battery cases in accidents and exposing ANY car's lithium to oxygen should lead to some serious fires and fires that also don't respond to water worth a shit.

  20. #2440
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Haaamonnnd!

Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 112 121 122 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options)

    By RedDawn in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 297
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
  2. Tesla Motors Releases Patents

    By 01RedDX in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 25
    Latest Threads: 06-13-2014, 10:47 PM
  3. Tesla Motors is "open source" lol, release patents.

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM
  4. 3 Tesla Motors Employees Dead after Plane Crash

    By scat19 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  5. Tesla Roadster, 100% Electric, 0 to 60 in 4 Sec!

    By woovic in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 26
    Latest Threads: 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •