Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 122 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 122 of 149 FirstFirst ... 112 121 122 123 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2976

Thread: Tesla Motors

My Ride
    '14 Taco

and thanks to that, her "new" car we got last year, she's lost all interest in since riding in a friends S and X for a while. ..
    Sounds like you have much bigger issues then Tesla service in your future

My Ride
    something green

They can rent a bay at U-wrench.
    Some may find this of interest.

https://youtu.be/2DucRxWz_58
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like you have much bigger issues then Tesla service in your future
    Werd! Lololol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bicycle

Wow. Just wow. So I guess their Fairmount Dr location is closed?

Looks like cash crunch is real.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is pretty cool. Someone went on an extended camping trip with a Tesla model X towing a small trailer.
    https://www.greencarreports.com/news...-superchargers

Neat option for a retired couple who isn't in a hurry. Would be pretty awful with a bunch of kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Wow. Just wow. So I guess their Fairmount Dr location is closed?

Looks like cash crunch is real.
    They just dropped a bunch of cars off the other day, so probably not closed yet. Honestly I hope they do shut it down, those assholes park in the right lane just before the Glenmore on-ramp and fuck traffic up every few days.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    They just dropped a bunch of cars off the other day, so probably not closed yet. Honestly I hope they do shut it down, those assholes park in the right lane just before the Glenmore on-ramp and fuck traffic up every few days.
    I wonder if only services side is affected, it's still the sales and delivery point.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Ya, and that's great for a simple problem. What happens when something major goes, and they need a lift to get the car up off the ground for example? Example the really heavy components, say like the gearbox/trans - the 25% of repairs that Tesla itself says can't be done by mobile service (they claim that up to 75 or even 80 percent can be done by mobile service techs). Then what? If you take a Tesla under warranty to a non-certified shop for repairs, it voids the entire warranty (I was told this twice by two different Tesla agents today). There are hundreds of stories online about owners who are still waiting for body work/panels/etc from accidents, and does the same thing goes there, no certified shop, no more warranty?

I'm not knocking the cars or the tech, we wanted (and still want) to buy a S P100D and perhaps an X SO badly, it's all the missus has talked about since riding in one, and thanks to that, her "new" car we got last year, she's lost all interest in since riding in a friends S and X for a while. However, I'm NOT going to drop 1 or 2 hundred k into vehicles that have no local shop I can get them serviced and especially repaired at, no matter how good the mobile techs are at fixing little doo-dad problems. I'd love to see a mobile tech replace major powertrain/drive unit/motors/battery in some guys parking spot outside of his condo...
    I know here in Winnipeg they do most stuff at my home and then anything they need a lift for, they cooperate and rent space from one of the local bigger shops to perform the larger work. I believe that's the reason why the don't feel they need a service center here.

Your post give me the sense your'e all over the place. In two sentences you say you wanted to, and still want to, but then you say you won't. As for the mobile techs doing anything, they're certainly not going to replace major components in your parking spot, they'll coordinate with a local shop. You seem to only be discouraged from buying a Tesla by the lack of a conventional building with the word "TESLA" on it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Fake news:

https://electrek.co/2019/04/08/tesla...inappropriate/

Sounds like disgruntle employee fired over some inappropriate behavior. Calgary service center isn't going anywhere.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Tesla Internally: “fuck people are really pissed about us shutting this service facility down”

Tesla to the public: “We totally aren’t shutting the facility down, we just happened to fire everyone who works there. They were sharing n00ds which ain’t cool. We are going to open up a new service facility staffed by black jack dealers and hookers. Wait...”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Fake news:

Sounds like disgruntle employee fired over some inappropriate behavior. Calgary service center isn't going anywhere.
    It's not fake news. That article has as many 1/2 truths as the "service center is closed" posts on TMC. Talked to a few people in the know over the weekend. The entire service team was let go. Literally every single member that worked on the service side of things. There's still staff there but on the customer experience side of things. It's not just a single disgruntled employee. It's the entire service team, from front end to technicians. So while technically, the service center isn't closed, there is literally nobody to service anything in the bays. There is no replacement staff at this time. Training in Fremont takes months to get certified, so unless someone has been secretly training Tesla service techs the last couple of months...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

Fake news:

It was probably Challenger red eye pics or cool engines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Bicycle

In other news,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RJ03I

FCA provided lifeline to Tesla to avoid EU fines.

Tesla sent out a feeler and on FCA took the offer.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

In other news,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RJ03I

FCA provided lifeline to Tesla to avoid EU fines.

Tesla sent out a feeler and on FCA took the offer.
    That works until they change the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    I know here in Winnipeg they do most stuff at my home and then anything they need a lift for, they cooperate and rent space from one of the local bigger shops to perform the larger work. I believe that's the reason why the don't feel they need a service center here.

Your post give me the sense your'e all over the place. In two sentences you say you wanted to, and still want to, but then you say you won't. As for the mobile techs doing anything, they're certainly not going to replace major components in your parking spot, they'll coordinate with a local shop. You seem to only be discouraged from buying a Tesla by the lack of a conventional building with the word "TESLA" on it.
    I'll be more clear - We want to still buy a Tesla (or 2), and we WOULD still buy them, contingent upon Telsa having the proper facilities and capabilities to service these vehicles in a timely fashion - as in the same time other dealers take - for the entire time we would own them. Since in Calgary this is obviously NOT the case right now, at least for the near future, IMO, with there not being a service center, we won't be. Simple. We bought an LC500 last year, and again, after riding in the Teslas some friend in California own, she's hooked on them, and won't shut up about getting them. While some might call that "trouble", it's 1st world trouble, which I'm happy to accept, as she's pretty stingy despite having the means not to be. She just wants the magic space car tech, despite losing the exhaust note of the LC500, which was one of the things that sold her on that particular car over a bunch of others. I posted before we bought the LC500 several times, and specifically said that even then we were strongly considering the Tesla S even then. She just hadn't spent much if any time in a Tesla until nearly a year after we bought the Lexus. As I said in the last post, I like the cars and the tech, the only thing keeping me from buying and driving them right now is a large serving of no service center, and a bit of financial picture on the side.

Also, it's not completely "fake news" about the local service center. I called it again today - rang forever again. I called Tesla's 1800 line again - same story. Called the 1800 service line and tried to book an appointment with the Calgary service center, and couldn't.

As for the mobile team coordinating with a local shop - does anyone have evidence of this happening? How does the mobile service team get access to all the parts and tools they'll need doing this? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that the logistics of this alone would make it very difficult IMO. "Hi, we're calling to co ordinate the repair of your 140,000 dollar vehicle, please come by Joe's body shop once all your parts show up, and we'll then send out the mobile tech to change out your damaged or broken parts". I'll pass on that.

edit - OK, I finally stopped getting the rapid busy when hitting the "service" extension number, and got a live person in Calgary on the phone. She told me that the head of the Vancouver Tesla service center was there today, and was already conducting interviews, and that they had pulled in a lot of techs from other centers across Canada and the USA, and would keep the center fully manned until qualified replacements had passed their probationary periods (whatever that meant) and were fully certified Tesla techs. If that's the case, and it sticks, it'd go a long way in our specific case.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I'll be more clear - We want to still buy a Tesla (or 2), and we WOULD still buy them, contingent upon Telsa having the proper facilities and capabilities to service these vehicles in a timely fashion - as in the same time other dealers take - for the entire time we would own them. Since in Calgary this is obviously NOT the case right now, at least for the near future, IMO, with there not being a service center, we won't be. Simple. We bought an LC500 last year, and again, after riding in the Teslas some friend in California own, she's hooked on them, and won't shut up about getting them. While some might call that "trouble", it's 1st world trouble, which I'm happy to accept, as she's pretty stingy despite having the means not to be. She just wants the magic space car tech, despite losing the exhaust note of the LC500, which was one of the things that sold her on that particular car over a bunch of others. I posted before we bought the LC500 several times, and specifically said that even then we were strongly considering the Tesla S even then. She just hadn't spent much if any time in a Tesla until nearly a year after we bought the Lexus. As I said in the last post, I like the cars and the tech, the only thing keeping me from buying and driving them right now is a large serving of no service center, and a bit of financial picture on the side.

Also, it's not completely "fake news" about the local service center. I called it again today - rang forever again. I called Tesla's 1800 line again - same story. Called the 1800 service line and tried to book an appointment with the Calgary service center, and couldn't.

As for the mobile team coordinating with a local shop - does anyone have evidence of this happening? How does the mobile service team get access to all the parts and tools they'll need doing this? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that the logistics of this alone would make it very difficult IMO. "Hi, we're calling to co ordinate the repair of your 140,000 dollar vehicle, please come by Joe's body shop once all your parts show up, and we'll then send out the mobile tech to change out your damaged or broken parts". I'll pass on that.

edit - OK, I finally stopped getting the rapid busy when hitting the "service" extension number, and got a live person in Calgary on the phone. She told me that the head of the Vancouver Tesla service center was there today, and was already conducting interviews, and that they had pulled in a lot of techs from other centers across Canada and the USA, and would keep the center fully manned until qualified replacements had passed their probationary periods (whatever that meant) and were fully certified Tesla techs. If that's the case, and it sticks, it'd go a long way in our specific case.
    Lexus LC500 > Tesla

My Ride
    Bicycle

$35K Model 3 no more. Another change on price and options.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-our-vehicle-lineup

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/b...a-model-3.html

Interesting bit about leasing tho....
    Please note, customers who choose leasing over owning will not have the option to purchase their car at the end of the lease, because with full autonomy coming in the future via an over-the-air software update, we plan to use those vehicles in the Tesla ride-hailing network. Customers can visit tesla.com/3 now to lease a Model 3.

You've probably seen it already.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    You've probably seen it already.
    A SpaceX rocket thingy of theirs went kerBlewie, too!
    I don't really see the spontaneous fires being legit issues but fracturing battery cases in accidents and exposing ANY car's lithium to oxygen should lead to some serious fires and fires that also don't respond to water worth a shit.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Haaamonnnd!

Page 122 of 149 FirstFirst ... 112 121 122 123 132 ... LastLast