Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 104 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 94 103 104
Results 2,061 to 2,074 of 2074

Thread: Tesla Motors

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Still, with so many challenges already (now after production is good, it's a logistic/delivery problem), Elon just keep piling on just for shits and giggles.

E-tron debut today.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/...uv-first-look/

Range not final but expecting 400km WLTP (which is around 600km NEDC and 220-250mi under EPA) off 95kwh battery. Seems to be on par with EQC.

Nothing really new other than subscription service on options (rent as needed) and integrated e-pedal into brake system (system automatically figure out if friction brakes need to come in or not).
    I don't know how I feel about renting features on a car I own

If I don't drive at night, can I not pay for the headlights and rent them for 5$ a month down the road as needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    You can't score on shots you don't take.

My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Nothing really new other than subscription service on options (rent as needed) and integrated e-pedal into brake system (system automatically figure out if friction brakes need to come in or not).
    Im actually surprised they’re the first to do this. I always assumed that using brakes does not actually triggers friction brakes in an EV, but ramps up regen till friction brakes are needed. I’m almost certain Prius works that way. Looks like every other EVs rely on driver to manage that themselves through 1 pedal driving and friction brakes when using brake pedal.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2018 Allroad, 2016 Golf R

E-Tron looks good, right up there with the I-Pace, if not a bit better looking. The cameras + triangle displays are pretty sweet, but I doubt we'll see them in NA.

My Ride
    2016 MB C450

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    E-Tron looks good, right up there with the I-Pace, if not a bit better looking. The cameras + triangle displays are pretty sweet, but I doubt we'll see them in NA.
    Wonder if CETA will mean it can come to Canada as is. But if I'm a betting man, given VW has a mandate to build up EA, all EVs from VAG will be allotted to US instead of Canada.

Heck, even Hyundai has pretty much saod Canada won't get much of the Kona EVs unless a significant pre-order is received.

As for camera mirrors, looks like Lexus ES beat them to it but Lexus's implementation is less tasteful.

Last edited by Xtrema; 09-18-2018 at 04:42 PM.

My Ride
    Altima

https://electrek.co/2018/09/20/tesla...-rating-nhtsa/

Model 3 gets 5 star safety rating in every category.

I've had my Model 3 for a week now and its excellent, I was one of the first in the city to get AWD. Autopilot has been amazing, especially TACC, driving down deerfoot in rush hour is a breeze now.

Sales center said expect a few hundred more to be delivered in the next few weeks.

My Ride
    2016 MB C450

Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post

I've had my Model 3 for a week now and its excellent, I was one of the first in the city to get AWD. Autopilot has been amazing, especially TACC, driving down deerfoot in rush hour is a breeze now.

Sales center said expect a few hundred more to be delivered in the next few weeks.
    Should update your ride in your profile.

Congrats. I start to see a lot of Model 3 in the Mission area. So I don't doubt there has been deliveries in Calgary. I have the say that I still prefer the presence of Model S with the low wide look. But then again Model 3 is supposed to be $35K, so it looks good for what it is.

I don't know if it's the tire choices or what, they are louder than what I expect them to be when they rolled by.
    Last edited by Xtrema; Yesterday at 09:24 AM.

My Ride

Did you get the AWD or Performance? And pics!

In the quick 5 minutes with Model 3 Autopilot, compared to my Mercedes Intelligent Drive setup, the Model 3 tracked lanes slightly better, and can track construction areas with the dots as painted lines while Mercedes just aborts and quits. Pretty spiffy. That’s the gen2 Mercedes setup, will have to recompare when I get my hands on Gen3. You’re right, rush hour is a breeze these days, don’t dread it at all. Let the car do all the boring work, and only drive when it’s fun.

Congrats on your car!
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Congrats on the new car Supe, also agree on sharing pictures

I saw Tesla went ever 300$ today, was a nice ride for anybody who jumped in at 260!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I saw Tesla went ever 300$ today, was a nice ride for anybody who jumped in at 260!
    Not regretting not going in. Still way too volatile right now IMO. I'm still wary of going in again for this quarter end.

My Ride
    Altima

My Ride
    100% SAVAGE

Looks great Supe, I hope it treats you well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    @ExtraSlow is a real inspiration to everyone on Beyond and the internetz!

It is pretty sweet you don't have to do oil changes or other inspection services. What is the actual maintenance schedule like for a model 3 though?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Not regretting not going in. Still way too volatile right now IMO. I'm still wary of going in again for this quarter end.
    Yeah I was in and out... I don't have the balls to stay in long term on it. Did the same thing with NIO this week, might hold that one long term.

My Ride
    MS & Q5

Wish I would have gotten silver, in hindsight. My black MS arrives on Monday.
    Buying a Tesla? Use this referral code for free supercharging and/or other benefits when purchasing --> https://ts.la/james19973

My Ride
    is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    It is pretty sweet you don't have to do oil changes or other inspection services. What is the actual maintenance schedule like for a model 3 though?
    Not even brakes! Electric regen takes most of the energy so the physical brakes only act under extreme braking. Most Prius i've seen still have the original brakes 200+km later. Tires are the biggest expense.

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 94 103 104