Tesla Motors - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2976

Thread: Tesla Motors

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I always love Tesla's 8K filings.

http://ir.tesla.com/secfiling.cfm?fi...63&CIK=1318605

Q1 production totaled 34,494 vehicles, a 40% increase from Q4 and by far the most productive quarter in Tesla history. 24,728 were Model S and Model X, and 9,766 were Model 3. The Model 3 output increased exponentially, representing a fourfold increase over last quarter. This is the fastest growth of any automotive company in the modern era. If this rate of growth continues, it will exceed even that of Ford and the Model T.
    Funny shit. Please keep the hype going until I net a quick 30% gain.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the meantime picked up some Tesla stock today haha. Let’s hope Elon distracts well enough in next weeks quarterly call and idiots drive up the stock price.
    Up 15% in a week. Fucking easy money haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rally pig

Up 15% in a week. Fucking easy money haha.
    you're over 20% now

I made the bet with AAPL but it has been a roller coaster ride the past week so only 5% gain

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Cashed out at a little under 19% today. Solid gamble.

The Model X crash isn't going away. And Tesla is pretty much being an asshole about the whole thing.

http://abc7news.com/automotive/exclu...-team/3325177/

Tesla's response is downright harsh.

We are very sorry for the family's loss.

According to the family, Mr. Huang was well aware that Autopilot was not perfect and, specifically, he told them it was not reliable in that exact location, yet he nonetheless engaged Autopilot at that location. The crash happened on a clear day with several hundred feet of visibility ahead, which means that the only way for this accident to have occurred is if Mr. Huang was not paying attention to the road, despite the car providing multiple warnings to do so.

The fundamental premise of both moral and legal liability is a broken promise, and there was none here. Tesla is extremely clear that Autopilot requires the driver to be alert and have hands on the wheel. This reminder is made every single time Autopilot is engaged. If the system detects that hands are not on, it provides visual and auditory alerts. This happened several times on Mr. Huang's drive that day.

We empathize with Mr. Huang's family, who are understandably facing loss and grief, but the false impression that Autopilot is unsafe will cause harm to others on the road. NHTSA found that even the early version of Tesla Autopilot resulted in 40% fewer crashes and it has improved substantially since then. The reason that other families are not on TV is because their loved ones are still alive.
    That last bit is downright brutal, not only in delivery, but in truthfulness of the 40% statement. There's a lawsuit trying to figure out where that 40% number comes from.

http://www.safetyresearch.net/blog/a...dot-tesla-data

Premise is that the research is flawed, autopilot came out the same time as automated braking, and there's existing research that pegs AEB accident reduction at 40%.

Anyways, lots of other quality issues with Model 3, more autopilot steering into shit, and now a mess with certified pre-owned cars this week not being refurbished, which is a problem because used sales are all purchased sight unseen. Really starting to see a swing in Tesla worshippers on the forums starting to turn on Tesla a little. Think this might be the turning point for the stock.

i searched but couldn’t find much on Canadian law regarding “auto pilot” control.

Obviously in Alberta you could not do anything other than focus on the road with the autopilot on as you are still defined as a “driver” even if you don’t have control (still tick the care portion of the care and control definition of a driver in the ATSA) so you’d be slapped with distracted driving if you were doing other things.

However beyond that what have Canada and/or the provinces done to address this tech?

I can’t find any references to maintaining physical control of the vehicle in the ATSA
    Last edited by J-hop; 04-11-2018 at 06:22 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    i searched but couldn’t find much on Canadian law regarding “auto pilot” control.

Obviously in Alberta you could not do anything other than focus on the road with the autopilot on as you are still defined as a “driver” even if you don’t have control (still tick the care portion of the care and control definition of a driver in the ATSA) so you’d be slapped with distracted driving if you were doing other things.

However beyond that what have Canada and/or the provinces done to address this tech?

I can’t find any references to maintaining physical control of the vehicle in the ATSA
    The driver is always under control, period. The autonomous systems are all level 2 today, until level 3 is out and regulations sorted out for level 3 vehicles, drivers will always have to pay attention.

The driver is always under control, period. The autonomous systems are all level 2 today, until level 3 is out and regulations sorted out for level 3 vehicles, drivers will always have to pay attention.
    Yea that’s what I was reading under nhtsa Tesla is still level 2. However nhtsa states at level 2 “driver will be required to be able to regain control with short notice”. So kinda sounds like under nhtsa you could technically have your hands off the wheel.

I haven’t seen much in the way of laws addressing it in Canada. While you are under Alberta law required to pay attention I don’t see anywhere about keeping a physical connection.

and now a mess with certified pre-owned cars this week not being refurbished, which is a problem because used sales are all purchased sight unseen.
    that alone would make me never buy from that company. Imagine paying top dollar for a cert pre-owned from quebec used to tail gate sanding trucks and never washed to clean the salt off it, but has routinely had an ice scraper applied to its paint to de-ice it, while the back seat is used to haul babies that spill their cheerios and milk daily.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    that alone would make me never buy from that company. Imagine paying top dollar for a cert pre-owned from quebec used to tail gate sanding trucks and never washed to clean the salt off it, but has routinely had an ice scraper applied to its paint to de-ice it, while the back seat is used to haul babies that spill their cheerios and milk daily.
    Pfft, did you not know that Teslas are made from unobtainium and as such, are impervious to the issues you speak of?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And they could only ever go up in value.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you're up for a read, here's the CPO mess that started right after their policy change. You can't see the cars prior to purchase and it comes delivered in pretty disgusting condition.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...a-scam.112768/

Name:  teslaeww.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  43.8 KB

Apparently, the new policy on not refurbishing CPO cars is to cut costs as a huge # of leases are starting to come back into Tesla's hands.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That’s terrible.

I would have toyed with the idea of picking up a used one for a couple years but that’s a pretty big deterrent.

Have the residuals dropped like a rock in response?

Not even cleaning the cars... that’s not CPO. That’s NE special.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well this is interesting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla...igation-2018-4

Tesla pulls out of NTSB investigation, but will still provide technical support to NTSB. Sparring over release of information during investigation, as Tesla continues to release statements blaming the driver.

My Ride
    Bicycle

If you're up for a read, here's the CPO mess that started right after their policy change. You can't see the cars prior to purchase and it comes delivered in pretty disgusting condition.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...a-scam.112768/

Name:  teslaeww.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  43.8 KB

Apparently, the new policy on not refurbishing CPO cars is to cut costs as a huge # of leases are starting to come back into Tesla's hands.
    TLDR, what the hell would anyone take delivery on car in that condition? Or is this just fanboyism trusting Tesla sight unseen?

You should really read before posting stuff like this and falsely attributing it to the new CPO program. They're still cleaning the cars before reselling them under the new program. There's obviously something wrong with the way this specific car was handled prior to resale but it's not indicative of the standard that will be followed for the new CPO process.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    TLDR, what the hell would anyone take delivery on car in that condition? Or is this just fanboyism trusting Tesla sight unseen?
    You have no choice. The process is fucked. You buy the car with no pictures sight unseen from Tesla's website:

https://www.tesla.com/inventory/used/ms

Click on any car, you get stock photos. You have to trust Tesla from here on in. Put in your deposit, pay for the car, and it gets delivered to your door on a truck after a couple of weeks. The reason it takes so long is because some of these cars aren't sitting on some Tesla used lot, they're active service loaners, and have to wait until it comes back from whomever is using it.

If you click on the car, there's a new disclaimer for their used cars now:

Name:  teslaeww2.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  24.1 KB

So they'll guarantee that it's mechanically sound, and that's it. They're supposed to clean it, but clearly, that didn't happen in the above car.

The entire process makes it completely hit/miss. End up buying a car that's an active loaner, you end up with something like above. Buy a used one that came back from a lease from an owner who cares about the car, you'll have a car that feels brand new.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    You should really read before posting stuff like this and falsely attributing it to the new CPO program. They're still cleaning the cars before reselling them under the new program. There's obviously something wrong with the way this specific car was handled prior to resale but it's not indicative of the standard that will be followed for the new CPO process.
    I'm not falsely attributing anything. Cleanliness is one thing, there's a ton of damage on that car. No other CPO program from any other manufacturer would sell a certified car with so much shit broken. The key is that they no longer refurbish their used cars for sale, and you don't get to see what it looks like prior to delivery.

Really, the only thing I posted wrong is that I'm still calling it CPO. Tesla looks to have completely removed the CPO term on their site now.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How do carproofs look on Tesla’s?

Can you see if it was a service loaner?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    How do carproofs look on Tesla’s?

Can you see if it was a service loaner?
    No clue. Carproof and carfax relies on data provided by service centers, so that's all under control by Tesla.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well this is interesting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla...igation-2018-4

Tesla pulls out of NTSB investigation, but will still provide technical support to NTSB. Sparring over release of information during investigation, as Tesla continues to release statements blaming the driver.
    Funny, further updates:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ilot-data-flap

So basically, Tesla got the boot, but announce they quit instead before it's announced they got the boot.

IIRC, they did the same thing with the Mobileye split, Mobileye terminated the contract, Tesla says they pulled out before Mobileye said anything.

Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast