Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2976

Thread: Tesla Motors

Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You dodged my point, I'll just ask you directly, do you think Elon is not capable of disrupting yet another industry like he did with space and electronic payments?
    And electric cars. Slef made guy who lived of $30 a month for food in Claifornia starring out. And people post 'if I had his money i could build a better car company"

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:40 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Elon didn’t start Tesla. He funded it then took it over.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Pretty sure he started Tesla when he was stupid rich

If I had that kind of money I could easily start my own car company... lol.

I regularly beat the window sticker mileage on all of my cars when I am on the highway

Your baseless refute aside, EV's need to get better than gas vehicles to make up for the excessive charging time. So until they get 1000km+ or charge in 10 minutes, they are about as useful as an urban scooter.
    another "I'm better thant Musk" haha. you kill me.

Musk is what? 50? Average age here? 30? You have 20 years to catch up to him and change the world yourself.. Stop posting nonsence, and get after it.

Edit. he's 46, made his first billion age 40. Lets go boys times ticking.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 06-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.

He got lucky with a big payout by piggy packing on paypal
    yes yes of course, serial luckster. lottery after lottery for him all chance

jelousy is not flattering on you. I could do better, if only i was as lucky just rings trashy

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    another "I'm better thant Musk" haha. you kill me.

Musk is what? 50? Average age here? 30? You have 20 years to catch up to him and change the world yourself.. Stop posting nonsence, and get after it.

Edit. he's 46, made his first billion age 40. Lets go boys times ticking.
    I could shit into a voice to text microphone and the result would be more intelligent that anything you've said here.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I could shit into a voice to text microphone and the result would be more intelligent that anything you've said here.
    You give yourself to many pats on the back.

Once again another useless troll post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

My Ride
    Trucks

Double post, but I want to get back on topic

Vancouver just opened its first Hydrogen fuel station. I've been waiting a long while to see what I think will be the real future direction for cars starting to emerge.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uver-1.4709016

I've always said that Hydrogen makes a lot more sense as an energy storage medium compared with heavy metal batteries. Storage for hydrogen has become a lot safer, plus new process technologies are able to reduce the energy required to produce hydrogen; making it increasingly feasible as a fuel.

The mining of exotic metals is expensive and ridiculously bad for the environment, and worse is the unreliable and short range that it provides for vehicles. Reduced long term battery capacity, sensitivity to temperatures, and expensive replacement cost are other negatives when compared to hydrogen. Batteries are just a clumsy option for automotive purposes.

Hydrogen is the very definition of a clean burning fuel. Alternatively can be used in cells to produce electricity with no combustion. The storage capacity vs weight is better than batteries. Probably the biggest advantage is the fact that you can fill your car a hell of a lot faster than charging a battery.

This is Hyundai's entry into the market, and they point out that it has better range and only a 5 minute fill-up compared to a Tesla:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/8/16...v-car-ces-2018

Toyota and Honda are launching their hydrogen cars in Canada shortly as well
    Gasoline car gets in a serious accident = possible fire that burns part or all of the car over a few minutes.
    Electric car gets in a serious accident = possible extremely hot fire that can spontaneously re-ignite numerous times over the next month
    Hydrogen car gets in a serious accident = no fire, just a huge explosion that leaves a crater and possibly kills everybody near it. Can be started with a simple static charge and leaking fuel. Lol

Actually the problem will be the same as natural gas in that it takes cryogenic temperatures to liquify hydrogen. Highly compressed vapour doesn't even come close in capacity as the same in liquid form.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 06-16-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:39 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...omous-vehicles

Wow, I did not realize EV's were still so unprofitable. This, combined with Tesla starting to circle the drain.

Wonder if a glut of poorly designed and implemented EV's before their time will kill the industry for years to come?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...omous-vehicles

Wow, I did not realize EV's were still so unprofitable. This, combined with Tesla starting to circle the drain.

Wonder if a glut of poorly designed and implemented EV's before their time will kill the industry for years to come?
    About 10 or so pages back, I had calculated when EVs would become profitable. Something like 2026 if battery costs continue it's rate of decline. Until then, every entry level EV will be either a money loser, or have shit range because of small battery. GM Bolt loses something like $10k/car for GM. High end EVs are the only segment where you can make money today but that's a tiny segment.

In other Tesla news, stock price has gone up quite a bit since the shareholder meeting. Missed out on that when Elon did a 360 and talked completely rationally like old Elon, and pushed the dream forward. I think Q2 will be another financial disaster for the company, they're building cars outdoors now to try to hit their 5k/week goal. Model 3 will still be negative margin, losing money for every one they sold. If I had more balls, I would be shorting them at the end of this month prior to their Q2 earnings. Elon Musk seems to be setting up excuses for a potential miss as well. Everyone is focused on the 5K/week target, when Elon says they need 10K/week for the Model 3 to be profitable (that could be misdirection I guess). Lots of bonds maturing in the next 8-9 months as well.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    changes daily :D

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/tesla-...trade-secrets/

and now former employee's are taking trade secrets from Tesla and selling them.....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/tesla-...trade-secrets/

and now former employee's are taking trade secrets from Tesla and selling them.....
    Not sure he was selling them but it's pretty clear he was the source behind this businessinsider story: http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla...factory-2018-5

My Ride
    Model S

Process Technicians can’t code or hack. If they could, they’d be doing development, sysadmin, or security work. Lawsuit is a bit fishy. He probably leaked but it sounds like Musk is turning it into something bigger than it is.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post
    Why would he fire himself, the stock is nearing all time highs, I'm pretty sure that is the point of this thread.

In the month of June the stock has moved 20% and shorts have lost $2 billion. I personally kind of like where this is going.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKBN1J82OX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's a rollercoaster ride. A month's snapshot is completely useless.
    Shorts have made $2b this week alone if we want to play the snapshot game haha.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The more I read about it the more I am excited by the mission E. I think they claim 400km of range in 15 minutes using their 800V charger? Awesome.
    Learnt more about the Mission E aka Taycan.

Every Porsche dealership will have the fast chargers. No network planned at all for Canada, so the Taycan will most likely be a city or short range car only in the short term. Won't make it out to Kelowna in the winter for sure. In the US things are a little different, Dieselgate made VW invest in charging stations, so they'll be blanketing the US with $5b worth of chargers.

The big news is pricing, expect this to be priced between a Panamera and Cayenne. I'm told 600hp model is estimated at around $120k cdn. Arriving late next year.

I've put my name on the list for one. If the above is true, will be in an EV in a couple of years. Probably 2nd model year car to be safe.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Fucker. Price was my main concern, it looks awesome. At 120k it’s competitive with E63 imo, and way nicer than any Tesla.

I promised myself another couple years with the C63 so I am very interested in what you think. Honestly 2-3 years timing for one of these to avoid early adopter tax and bugs could work or nicely. Especially now that I have a literal winter beater lol.

Although if C63 R is a real thing I might be another cycle away from trying electric.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-22-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Wonder if they will revise it if CAD continue to crash against USD.

Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast