Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 57 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2976

Thread: Tesla Motors

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Thoughts on Matt Robinson @car throttle’s article saying Tesla will be out of money by the end of 2018? Wasn’t very in depth or enlightening, only a few paragraphs long.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/tes...e-end-of-2018/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Been driving a P100D down here in the Bay Area. First time driving an AP2.5 car. Autopilot is still sketchy, annoying how a lot of Tesla owners claim it does way more than reality. Still can’t handle sharper turns properly.

Works well on the freeway in the middle lanes. The side lanes it’s all over the place due to poor decision making when faced with lane merges and jogs. Sometimes it’ll track left line, sometimes right line so I look like a drunk driver.

Almost feel like AP1 is better, but it’s been a while since I drove an AP1 car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Who's shorting Tesla today? I want to but don't have the balls to.

Earnings announcement after market closes today. Should be fun.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have thought about buying some one year puts but they are surprisingly pricey. Lots of demand
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Loving the first-page graph trolling all the other luxury car makers. Model 3 on track to become the best selling Mid Size luxury car in the US next quarter.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Record loss. Quelle Suprise.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

I posted about this before on the forum here. The fund I have a large position with has been short on Tesla a long time, I invested after speaking at length with several others including one of the fund's managers. We'll see what happens the rest of the year. They wrote a position paper about Tesla and being short on them a year ago, it all still applies today, even more so.

The Vilas cap CEO has been in the media as early as Jan this year, being quoted as saying Tesla is doomed. I agree with him. They don't have enough assets to sell off, now a pending lawsuit for 2 bil (another one), and as stated, way to much overhead in new staff to cover themselves. Now with their best hope in fixing a lot of issues with the vehicles leaving...heh. My prof Sebastian Thrun at Stanford when I did distance learning there, was instrumental in creating the algos and everything else that went into this self driving tech, and he has a lot to say about how Tesla has operated (not good either).

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/411d8...f3eb64a579.pdf

Everyone interested in Tesla and their market position should read this. The final paragraph says it best...

Tesla is mainly owned by growth investors with little experience or understanding of the capital intensity, or cyclicality, of the auto business. People defer purchases of cars in recessions, especially expensive cars. A hard lesson will be learned by the “trees can grow to the sky” crowd.
    We are short Tesla and expect to make a substantial profit over the next few years.

I'll try very hard not to be smug with the friends who invested in Tesla and would never STFU about how perfect they were. Hell, I almost fell for it all too and as stated in another thread, nearly bought one myself, until I was convinced about how bad their financial position was, and how poorly their tech actually worked. Despite have a 'wicked fast" electrically propelled vehicle, at its core, it's a failure. The financial market conditions are another matter entirely, and even worse for Tesla.

There is a tiny spark of hope with Elon Musk being a true magician, I believe in him and his abilities, his ideas, and his ability to make them a reality. Even he has stated that Tesla is running on the very edge of financial sanity, and again, I've been convinced that smart odds are that even he can't save them from the reality of the market and the existing conditions.

Tesla has held on for longer than I thought, but I think this is probably the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-02-2018 at 05:14 PM.

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Who's shorting Tesla today? I want to but don't have the balls to.

Earnings announcement after market closes today. Should be fun.
    I am could not resist. We will see how it does.

Down a few percent in after hours trading.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

GL Chandler.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Hah, nice catch Sugarphreak. Unreal. Again, with the 2 billion lawsuit news on top of everything else...after hours trading is down more as of now.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Been driving a P100D down here in the Bay Area. First time driving an AP2.5 car. Autopilot is still sketchy, annoying how a lot of Tesla owners claim it does way more than reality. Still can’t handle sharper turns properly.

Works well on the freeway in the middle lanes. The side lanes it’s all over the place due to poor decision making when faced with lane merges and jogs. Sometimes it’ll track left line, sometimes right line so I look like a drunk driver.

Almost feel like AP1 is better, but it’s been a while since I drove an AP1 car.
    Well yeah, 9000rpm bro.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Drive safe in that thing Rage2. What version of the software does it have, and what's it like to floor/launch that thing?

Stories like this aren't helping Tesla's cause, down 8.10 % in pre market trading this morning.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/tesla...20180503-00986

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That’s just Musk treating Wall Street like it treats everyone else.

Amazing he is still allowed to run a Public company. Guy is acting like Steve jobs before he got fired.

fact.

Down 7% this morning.

Should I buy some?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Drive safe in that thing Rage2. What version of the software does it have, and what's it like to floor/launch that thing?
    Just like every other P model Tesla I've driven, it's pretty awesome in the city. Unreal acceleration, pushes through gaps that you can't make in any other ICE car. At highway speeds it's no different than say an E63 or any other 500-600hp sedan.

The car I'm driving is pretty new, delivered in April, but lots of small problems with the car. Panel gaps are brutal (but the owner doesn't care or noticed), basically from the top of the trunk to the bottom the gaps are different in 5 different places. The driver's seat isn't fully secured (owner noticed this) so under accel and brake you can feel the seat move a few mm. Also a bunch of stuff is broken, summons and self parking being the 2 big ones (owner noticed). It worked on day 1 and has been broken since. Owner still loves the car though so that's all that matters. He picked up a Model X and a Model S last month based on my recommendation.

Pics of panel gaps:

Name:  A597630D-5590-4BF5-9547-E2A88411B62F.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  81.7 KB

I also saw a couple 3's down here and they're even worse.

I also had a chance to drive a Bolt, again one of my recommendations to a co-worker. That is a solid solid EV that feels like driving a normal car. City driving, tons of zip, feels like a GTI darting through traffic. With incentives, huge bang for the buck. $35k msrp, dealer discounted to $26k, $10k cali incentives, $1k pg&e incentives, $15k purchase price. No other car can touch it at $15k. It's too bad it sells for $50k in Alberta and totally not worth the money. It's also too bad GM doesn't care to make more than demand as it's purely a compliance car that doesn't make them any money.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Down 7% this morning.

Should I buy some?
    I wouldn't. I got out of my position at 320ish and don't see it getting there again for quite some time.

Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast