Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 50 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2945

Thread: Tesla Motors

  1. #981
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.

  2. #982
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    You’re underestimating Tesla and Musk. They’re going to announce the Model Y, and some more details on the roadster, get everyone horny, then raise another $5b in the next quarter or 2. Same cycle.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  3. #983
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,586
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    He's going to call the next new car platform the model T, (after striking a deal with Ford) because it's going to revolutionize transportation even more than the last car to carry that name. The headlines alone will generate billions of fresh capital, and he'll hit his first compensation incentive target.

    Building cars is for chumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  4. #984
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Maybe he should try selling a few model 3’s before he annouces a third future model that no one can afford and that Tesla doesn’t know how to make?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  5. #985
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Model 3 ordering just opened for Canadians. Sounds like he crack the whip and ramp up production hard in the last couple of weeks.

    Still without traditional QA, even with way less parts, I will bet that 1st year Model 3s will have lots of issue.

    BTW, my bro-in-law asks for his $1000 back because Model 3 AWD is way late and he needs a car soon. All he hears are crickets.

  6. #986
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.

  7. #987
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Will be interesting to see how 1 crash into a median so hard that the front end is gone.

  8. #988
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    LNF
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There is a lot more to that story.. For one, the crash barrier was damaged prior to the accident (see imgur link) so that probably played a huge factor in this collision.

    https://i.imgur.com/ZGERxzv.png

    https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4104...7i16384!8i8192

    https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...tting_freeway/

  9. #989
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Stock tanked today as NTSB opens investigation into crash.

    https://jalopnik.com/ntsb-opens-inve...ras-1824115008

    I haven’t driven Tesla AP much, but I have driven the first gen Mercedes drive pilot way more, and on roads with shitty or faded markings, it will follow the wrong one. That’s why these are still level 2 and require full attention under use. If the driver wasn’t paying attention and AP followed the right line, it would drive straight into that divider. With that being said, this happened a bit outside our office, and my boss drives this exact route on AP daily without issues.

    Anyways, all speculation, but investors are spooked.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  10. #990
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Hold on. One automated car crash is what it took?

    Years of missed numbers, poor quality control, losing money? Nbd

    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #991
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hold on. One automated car crash is what it took?

    Years of missed numbers, poor quality control, losing money? Nbd

    The fatal crash last year NTSB found Tesla to be partially at fault, and they had to update the cars to stop complete hands free driving. Kinda surprised this is a big deal.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #992
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Yea it seems like small potatoes to me.

    Can’t wait for them to go under. The sooner they do the sooner I can order my Ford Tesla, and have it built with a semblance of quality and in a reasonable amount of time.

    Edit:

    I would say the rating downgrade to even lower junk status likely has more to do with it https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnbc...on-delays.html

    6.9% yield on their debt is a tough pill to swallow if they want to raise more money.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  13. #993
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.

  14. #994
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    stock down 30% in a month
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  15. #995
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    stock down 30% in a month
    Ready to ride the next wave! haha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  16. #996
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hold on. One automated car crash is what it took?

    Years of missed numbers, poor quality control, losing money? Nbd

    All hail the power of pixie dust.

    I'm wondering why Gestalt hasn't replied to the latest developments.

  17. #997
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CAL
    My Ride
    GMC 1500 AT4
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This one was obvious to me...

    I called the short timing in the middle of December 2017.

    Their bonds are on the way to junk status.

  18. #998
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    FB6
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their bonds are on the way to junk status.
    You mean that they are already seven steps into junk status "Tesla’s $1.8 billion of senior unsecured notes, issued in August, were downgraded to Caa1, seven steps into junk, from B3"

  19. #999
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one was obvious to me...

    I called the short timing in the middle of December 2017.

    Their bonds are on the way to junk status.
    Let’s just wait to see their Q1 numbers as well as their next capital raise first before you say you called it. Although with the performance of their last junk bond, stock price tanking, and $1b of debt maturity in next 12 months, raising capital might prove to be a challenge.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  20. #1000
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one was obvious to me...

    I called the short timing in the middle of December 2017.

    Their bonds are on the way to junk status.
    Uh huh.

    That was obvious from day one in which the big automakers would crush Tesla if need be.

    What's more evident, is the so called financial advisers that recommend you invest in such a pathetic company.

Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options)

    By RedDawn in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 297
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
  2. Tesla Motors Releases Patents

    By 01RedDX in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 25
    Latest Threads: 06-13-2014, 10:47 PM
  3. Tesla Motors is "open source" lol, release patents.

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM
  4. 3 Tesla Motors Employees Dead after Plane Crash

    By scat19 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  5. Tesla Roadster, 100% Electric, 0 to 60 in 4 Sec!

    By woovic in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 26
    Latest Threads: 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •