1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Model 3 sales numbers out today.

Initial target for Q3 (July-Sep) - 1628

Q3 hit the now famous 220 (30, 75, 115)

Q4 so far at 490 (145, 345)

Total sales to date - 710.

Showing a bit of promise in November @ 345. Still a ways to go to hit 5000/week.
    Numbers are out today. 1550 for Q4, so roughly 1060 for December.

Tesla claims that they're actually churning out 1000 a week now (based on last week of Dec. production rate) and have adjusted their production ramp further into the future to 2500/week at the end of Q1 and 5000/week at the end of Q2.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

snooze. Telsa is just loves taking the most hypothetically possible situation, doubling that, and then saying that's what they're doing today... and just wait for the proof tomorrow! I'd love to see how 1060 in december turns in to 1000/week currently on jan 3rd lol.

and 2500/week by end of Q1..... we'll believe that when we see it i think.

Tesla model s is the number one selling car in Norway and now 52% of all cars in Norway are electric or hybrid thanks to resla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Tesla model s is the number one selling car in Norway and now 52% of all cars in Norway are electric or hybrid thanks to resla.
    no its not. It's #7 actually. It was first only in December.

The best selling car in norway is still the golf.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Also high in December because the incentives ended Dec. 31st. Exact same thing happened in Hong Kong.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla...crapped-2017-7
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

It was a rpoposed tax on heavy and luxury electrics, and i read it hasnt passed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys remind me of that music cd accountant comercial. The internet is a fad

My Ride
    Silverado

Wow you mean of the government gives a company a bunch of money to sell their products for a loss people will be more likely to buy them? No fucking way.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You guys remind me of that music cd accountant comercial. The internet is a fad
    Nobody here says EV aren't the future to get us off fossil fuels. It's just that the market doesn't see it that way yet, and need incentives to move forward. Tesla isn't a bad car, it's just that the company isn't all it's cracked up to be from a financials perspective. Please stop confusing two separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Wow you mean of the government gives a company a bunch of money to sell their products for a loss people will be more likely to buy them? No fucking way.
    Are you also cryibg about all the subsidy past and preasant for oil and gas? Auto makers?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody here says EV aren't the future to get us off fossil fuels. It's just that the market doesn't see it that way yet, and need incentives to move forward. Tesla isn't a bad car, it's just that the company isn't all it's cracked up to be from a financials perspective. Please stop confusing two separate issues.
    I see lots of people saying electric isnt viable. And tesla doesnt care about being viable, hes all about growing the industry for everyone.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I see lots of people saying electric isnt viable. And tesla doesnt care about being viable, hes all about growing the industry for everyone.
    For the average consumer, it's not viable today. That's why government incentives are needed to make it compete against traditional ICE vehicles. They're not wrong.

For the average consumer, it's not viable today. That's why government incentives are needed to make it compete against traditional ICE vehicles. They're not wrong.
    Need more then incentive. We need inventory. Besides tesla theres maybe 3 family tyoe electric cars total on dealer lots in the hole city next to a million ice. Its perfect for 95% of people and 99% if they are a 2 car family.

What we also need now is legislation that something like 20% of new car sales must be electric.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Umm, I don't see you driving a Model S P100D right now. Tesla's are for the rich. They are $200K. I rather a used GT3 RS or half a dozen cheaper cars (yes 6 cars in my possession) for the same price.

$55K for the Bolt is insane money for what it is. I would get one, if you could get one in Alberta for a reasonble $30-$40K.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I really want to buy a Tesla. I am just waiting for the Federal and Provincial governments to provide some heavy incentives so the cars only cost ~$80K instead of over $100K, and for the cities to build some more free gas - I mean charging stations so I can live off the taxpayers too poor to afford a new car...

What we also need now is legislation that something like 20% of new car sales must be electric.
    How does that help when current electric cars are too expensive for most people?

thanks to resla.
    Also, who has an urge to watch Scooby Doo?

Need more then incentive. We need inventory. Besides tesla theres maybe 3 family tyoe electric cars total on dealer lots in the hole city next to a million ice. Its perfect for 95% of people and 99% if they are a 2 car family.

lol with what money incentive. The carbon tax? lawl

My Ride
    Bicycle

Ontario threw $14K at them and sales of EV barely break 1% in 2017.

Alberta dealers can't get them because of 1) demand out east and 2) no demand here as there is no incentive to do so.

At this point a Chevy Bolt has the same functionality and prestige of Corolla iM but 2x the cost. And that's the best common man EV right now. Nobody will buy that unless it's under closer to $30K than $50K. NDP should match BC on rebates with all the carbon tax they have collected this year if they are serious about this.

Also Tesla other than Model 3 are readily available. Order a S and a X, you can have one in less than 4 weeks.

And we are not California, we have no teeth in mandating EV sales. All it means is business will leave this country all together and reduce our choice and increase prices.

I already mapped out that EV (2 cars) and PHEV (1 car) will work for me. The lowest Model S 75D runs for $1500/mth if you lease (with government incentive of $5K). There are a lot of better ICE cars that has no range limitation and better build quality for that kind of coin.

And even the dictatorship of China only forcing 12% EV sales for 2020. But that said, since their system is cap and trade, EV makers like Tesla and BYD will benefit from ICE maker's inability to ramp up and sell them credits. I think as legislation goes, that's a pretty even handed approach and it whip companies that have no EV plan to speed up development (like Honda).
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

When the day comes where electric vehicles are comparable in costs at entry level pricing, that's when you'll see large investment in it, and large number of choices for EVs. Today, you need incentives to make a sale, all these incentives are time/quantity limited, so it would be a financial mistake to invest heavily in EV production as there is a finite amount of incentives to meet the necessary sales. That's not stopping car manufacturers (to a degree), as they start to move towards 2020 introduction of mid to high priced vehicles, where it's expected the costs of batteries + drivetrains to be closer to ICE, which makes it financially viable.

See my post here: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/373...99#post4698499

My Ride
    Exploded.

Would it be wise if Tesla just dropped making cars and focused on the supercharger delivery technology?

That way, we won't have a BetaMax vs. VHS battle.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Would it be wise if Tesla just dropped making cars and focused on the supercharger delivery technology?

Already have that. Tesla Supercharger, CHAdeMO, SAE CCS... the list just keeps growing. Porsche has their new 800V charger coming out for the Mission E that's even faster although I believe it's going to be under the SAE CCS standard.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post

We ended up with Lightling vs USB and the world is ok with it.

I don't see why history won't repeat itself here.

It's the 3 different standards backed for Japan/China/US+EU that will have to fight it out as defacto standard. I think Japanese's CHAdeMO will lose out due to smallest car market of the 3 regions.

And I still believe that there is a limit to how fast battery can charge before you start to see accelerated degradation. The only way I can see shorter charge time is to split the pack in 2 and bring in another plug to parallel charge them. Then you could easily cut that 40min to 20min.

Tesla supercharger generates a lot of heat on the pack to vent. I can't see them ramping up easily. Elon has teased about Supercharger v3 that supposed to 3x the currer 120kw max but no solid info yet.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-10-2018 at 10:01 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    And I still believe that there is a limit to how fast battery can charge before you start to see accelerated degradation. The only way I can see shorter charge time is to split the pack in 2 and bring in another plug to parallel charge them. Then you could easily cut that 40min to 20min.

Tesla supercharger generates a lot of heat on the pack to vent. I can't see them ramping up easily. Elon has teased about Supercharger v3 that supposed to 3x the currer 120kw max but no solid info yet.
    That’s already happening. Tesla rate limits charging speeds after 200 or so fast charges to protect the battery from blowing up.

https://electrek.co/2017/05/07/tesla...umber-charges/

No clue how Porsche is going to manage that with double the rate. We need a new electrical storage medium.

Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast