Quantcast
Excessive force in camrose. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Excessive force in camrose.

Default Excessive force in camrose.

As much as i seem to be jumping to early conclusions by posting only one side of the story. Or even a little unreasonable for spreading wildfire of a bad cop among the good ones I do believe that stories like these need as much publicity as they can get as it's still only a mild form of accountability for the so often abuse authority that reigns over us.
    either way, It's not a far stretch to think that the doctor was being pretty belligerent maybe even being disrespectful, But doing anything at all to justify these injuries i find hard to believe. especially when it's one officer vs one women.
    scary to think that were obligated to rely one these people for the protection of our lives yet more and more they seem to be the detriment. i'm curious to see how this investigation turns out.

http://globalnews.ca/news/772573/cam...exual-assault/

Coles: women stopped for speeding
    approaching sheriff hits her window.
    she asked him to stop.
    he hits her in the face
    he orders her out of the car.
    hit's her again.
    throws her to the ground and threatens to step on her.
    Last edited by syritis; 08-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My money is on the doc. I hope she sues through the roof for this.

"In the meantime, the sheriff in question is still at work (*beating doctors, nuns and small puppies)."

Nice call there on the police department.

* the cop is batting one for three, even money he gets one of the remaining two punching bags.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 08-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It's definitely not a good situation, but I fail to see the "sexual assault"? If a guy gets hit in his manboobs, is that sexual assault as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Hatred

I hope a cop doesn't punch me in my man boobs..
    -U

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

There has to be a LOT more to this. If it was as clear cut as the lady would like everyone to believe, he couldn't be at work, he'd be on administrative leave pending the investigation.

Either way, I think sheriffs have dash cameras. Should be pretty funny to watch the true story come out. And the injuries to her face look consistent with what you'd expect from getting put down hard onto a graveled shoulder.

If it comes out the sheriff didn't instigate the situation, I hope they charge her with everything they can and he sues her personally.
    Last edited by FraserB; 08-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    It's definitely not a good situation, but I fail to see the "sexual assault"? If a guy gets hit in his manboobs, is that sexual assault as well?
    If you can produce milk, you have a case. Got Milk?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by FraserB
    There has to be a LOT more to this. If it was as clear cut as the lady would like everyone to believe, he couldn't be at work, he'd be on administrative leave pending the investigation.

Either way, I think sheriffs have dash cameras. Should be pretty funny to watch the true story come out.
    I'll wait to hear the other side of the story

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Definitely more to the story than just the woman's side.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    Somewhere between, generally lies the truth.

However simply being belligerent generally doesent warrant a beatdown of a female motorist IMO ...

My Ride
    8P 3.2

If there is more to the story than she would be charged with resisting. Or drug smuggling. Or assault. Or anything else thats a real crime warrenting an aggressive approach by the officer.

But speeding? She got that beat-up face from speeding? Citizens should be free to go about their daily lives without risking being assaulted by a cop for a traffic violation.

IMO if she lipped him off, gave him the finger, called his kid a ginger bastard or any other rude but non-criminal act she does not deserve to be beaten like that.

Maybe one day he won't pull over a woman but a hardend drug dealer or hells angel and will end up with a load of buckshot in his face for trying to escelating a traffic stop into an assault.

Would not be surprised if this sheriff beats his wife. What a limp dick.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    We know that but she doesn't look too good.

Anyway, so you pull someone over and they are just being a complete dick/bitch and lip you off, really? What then? If being an asshole warrants getting your ass kicked by the Police, I'm gonna call them more often (cause I'm too small to beat people up). haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by FraserB
    That's not necessarily true. Most of the time when they get put on leave and investigate is when there's video or witness. Right now it's just his word against hers.

Probably just another pig with an ego that can't stand when people don't bow down to him so he decided to abuse his power, happens every day.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

^ It's just as possible she reached for her cell phone while he was at the window, in that case it is a totally different situation.

She reaches down for who could very well be a weapon and struggles as he attempts to remove her from the car (which would be completely justified).

All we have is the word of someone who is afraid of having to defend against resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer charges.
    Last edited by FraserB; 08-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by ddduke

Probably just another pig with an ego that can't stand when people don't bow down to him so he decided to abuse his power, happens every day.

I'd like to know what her doctorate is in.

At first I was like "There would be no reason for a doctor to make this shit up".

Then I remembered that you can be a Doctor of Philosophy.

Default Re: Excessive force in camrose.

Originally posted by syritis
    As much as i seem to be jumping to early conclusions by posting only one side of the story. Or even a little unreasonable for spreading wildfire of a bad cop among the good ones I do believe that stories like these need as much publicity as they can get as it's still only a mild form of accountability for the so often abuse authority that reigns over us.
    either way, It's not a far stretch to think that the doctor was being pretty belligerent maybe even being disrespectful, But doing anything at all to justify these injuries i find hard to believe. especially when it's one officer vs one women.
    scary to think that were obligated to rely one these people for the protection of our lives yet more and more they seem to be the detriment. i'm curious to see how this investigation turns out.

http://globalnews.ca/news/772573/cam...exual-assault/

Coles: women stopped for speeding
    approaching sheriff hits her window.
    she asked him to stop.
    he hits her in the face
    he orders her out of the car.
    hit's her again.
    throws her to the ground and threatens to step on her.
    We don't rely on Sheriffs to protect us. They aren't police, they are peace officers. They do a different role in law enforcement, but they aren't police.

Anyways, I'm thinking this is a very one sided story that I have heard more than enough times to know that something doesn't smell right. This is typically how these things go until we hear about what actually happened when ASIRT investigates and releases their findings. Even then, it will be buried on page 20 of the paper if or when it turns out the story is completely different.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    My money is on the doc. I hope she sues through the roof for this.

"In the meantime, the sheriff in question is still at work (*beating doctors, nuns and small puppies)."

Nice call there on the police department.

* the cop is batting one for three, even money he gets one of the remaining two punching bags.
    Not a cop. Sheriff. But anyways. Why is your money on the doc? What makes you think her story is credible?

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    If there is more to the story than she would be charged with resisting. Or drug smuggling. Or assault. Or anything else thats a real crime warrenting an aggressive approach by the officer.

But speeding? She got that beat-up face from speeding? Citizens should be free to go about their daily lives without risking being assaulted by a cop for a traffic violation.

IMO if she lipped him off, gave him the finger, called his kid a ginger bastard or any other rude but non-criminal act she does not deserve to be beaten like that.

Maybe one day he won't pull over a woman but a hardend drug dealer or hells angel and will end up with a load of buckshot in his face for trying to escelating a traffic stop into an assault.

Would not be surprised if this sheriff beats his wife. What a limp dick.
    She was charged with assault PO and resist arrest. It mentioned that in the story. She didn't beaten up because she was speeding - she was arrested because she was obstructing him in his duties, and then resisted that arrest, and ended up in a fight where she was injured during said attempt to arrest her. That doesn't equate to an asskicking because she was speeding.

I do admire your honesty in making no attempt whatsoever to cover your clear bias. That's worth something.

Originally posted by max_boost

Anyway, so you pull someone over and they are just being a complete dick/bitch and lip you off, really? What then? If being an asshole warrants getting your ass kicked by the Police, I'm gonna call them more often (cause I'm too small to beat people up). haha
    I agree, it doesn't warrant that - and I highly doubt that for one second that was the case here.

I have dealt with all manner of professionals who have been nothing but downright assholes to me for absolutely NO reason whatsoever; This ranges from lawyers, doctors, other police officers/LEO, firefighters, CEOs, etc etc, and it is naive to think they have no reason to make shit up and act like they are so important that they don't have to do what is lawfully being demanded of them, and then to make something up to get one of us in trouble.

Almost every time someone has resisted arrest or fought with me, they have threatened to claim I assaulted them for no reason at all, because that is an easy way to get one of us in shit AND get out of the jeopardy they are facing. They know that even when they start an investigation that they have no plans in cooperating with in any way, shape, or form, that we will be dragged through the mud - and what better way to defend yourself against allegations of resist arrest and assault PO then to make lofty allegations of sexual assault and excessive force?

I'm just saying to reserve judgement on this one.
    Last edited by phil98z24; 08-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by max_boost

Out of all people, you should be able to attest females can be just as violent and aggressive as guys.

sherrifs fail to even make RCMP killer force. step up from transit police. more safe with nicaragua police.

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'd like to know what her doctorate is in.

At first I was like "There would be no reason for a doctor to make this shit up".

Then I remembered that you can be a Doctor of Philosophy.
    Canadian dental surgeon.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Out of all people, you should be able to attest females can be just as violent and aggressive as guys.
    If not more so because they think they're untouchable.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast